2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans

So we have a tag and trade:

The New York Giants are acquiring pass-rusher Brian Burns in a trade with the Carolina Panthers and signing him to a $150 million contract, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

Burns will be guaranteed $87.75 million in his contract, which will make him the second highest-paid defensive end in NFL history.

The Giants are sending a 2024 second- and 2025 fifth-round pick to the Panthers in exchange for Burns, sources said. The teams will also swap fifth-round picks in the 2024 draft, a source told ESPN's Jordan Raanan.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39710804/giants-trading-panthers-pass-rusher-brian-burns

So a second and some late round junk. I suspect any trade for Tee would be, at best, similar in terms of compensation.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

So we have a tag and trade:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39710804/giants-trading-panthers-pass-rusher-brian-burns

So a second and some late round junk. I suspect any trade for Tee would be, at best, similar in terms of compensation.

Keep him. Tee looks stuck to me.   He's going to have to have his best season to approach #1 WR money.    

His agent can do whatever he wants but there's no way Tee is holding out, becoming a lockeroom cancer, or faking injuries and still getting #1 WR money coming off a sub-700 season.

Bengals will have the tag next year and the WR draft class will be loaded again.  Tee will be just 1 year older and further removed from his best season.

Tee playing on the tag is not the best outcome for the Bengals but its hardly a negative.  If they tag again next year they are paying the same or less than the Colts are paying to Pittman.   Bengals are pushing all the risk on the player and giving up cap manipulation.

• Like 1

Back to Tee…

Who the fuck is Jordan Schultz of Fox Sports claiming:

“In terms of a trade package, Schultz said it was his “understanding” that it would take a second or third-round NFL Draft pick to get Higgins.”

Really? Well his understanding equals shit. I couldn’t care less about what some other team has to pay in an extension. You don’t give away what most think is a true #1 WR, for a bag of stale chips from Chipotle.

Tee has produced in both the regular season and post season and has two 1000 yard seasons playing as a #2.

Get the fuck out of here Schultz !!

The Bengals were always unlikely to take a second for Tee (a third is a joke). That kind of theoretical crumb-scraping suggests a lack of familiarity with this front office. Now, with the new third round compensatory pick, it's even less likely.

2 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Bengals better hurry up and make up their mind about Reader. DT’s are drying up quick and his market is going to heat up if for no other reason than limited options.

I saw earlier today that he was talking to the Bengals, Titans and Lions. So his market is already hot, apparently.

11 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Bengals sign Zack Moss to a 2 year deal and release Mixon. They bet Moss for two years what they were paying Mixon this year.

Wow

That is a shocker.   I did not see that one coming.   Hopefully the group of RBs collectively is equal or better.

I really hope Mixon don't end up in the North or AFC for that matter.

Zack Moss:

Four mostly-full seasons (11 total starts)
Rushing:  4.3 yards per carry on 484 carries (high of 183), 14 TDs, career long 56 yards
Receiving: 7.0 yards per catch on 75 receptions (high of 27), 4 TDs, career long 26 yards

The good news is that both of those career highs in touches came last season.

They save both cash and cap room but its not significant to hold up dealing with another player.  If it is, then we are in fucking trouble.

Moss has never cracked a 1,000 yards rushing or 200 yards receiving.  So my guess is Chase Brown is the guy or there's another move coming?   

Brown, Moss, Williams seems like a step back, IMO.    Broncos have released the entire team but somehow have held on to Perine who they didn't play during the year.  Weird.

Hate to see Mixon leave, but it was becoming inevitable.  He’s not what he was, but several times a year he shows up on Sunday and is a straight up beast.  Zack Moss is not ion that level.  But truthfully neither is Mixon most of the time.  

8 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Very interested to hear the local flavor on the Moss/Mixon swap.   If the conversation is mainly about pass blocking, then oh boy hold on to your butts.

Edit: Looks like Texans are moving fast on Mixon.

The internet, led by Goodberry, has been shoving him out the door for months, all over cap space (negligible) and vague fears that he falls apart now that he’s 28. I am assured by them that he’s easy to replace, just like Hurst and Perine last season. I mean how tough can it be to replace a guy who touched the ball on 37% of all offensive snaps last year? He barely played! (/s)

Dumb move but I’m not surprised, just disappointed.

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Cut

Rumor mill:

I didn't realize there were so many trade value charts floating around.   Bengals have been talking to Panthers on a Higgins trade.   Asking price is both 2nds.   Counter is a 2nd and a 5th.

So pending which value chart you frequent.   Bengals are asking for mid 1st round value, Panther countering with low 1st round value.

Although Tobin is on record talking about how he values these low round picks so there's another trade value chart that suggest pick 33 and pick 141 are worth and equivalent of pick 13.   Not sure I buy that, but whatever. 

Panthers got a bunch of differing picks so I'm not sure which numbers they are actually talking about. 

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans