Week 14: Colts @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

7 minutes ago, COB said:

I watched that game.  Mahomes came unglued.  I’m not sure what he expects the line judge to do.  Dude is accustomed to being the NFL’s golden boy and can’t accept reality.

Not just him. The postgame bitching this morning was eye rolling. A whole bunch of articles along the lines of “ok the WR was obviously offsides and it was obviously a legit penalty but they shouldn’t have called it because the play was cool.” Cry me a river.

Seeing Mahomes acting like that only makes me hate them more.

Toney was clearly offsides.
I read where the ref said while they "may" give a warning, Toney was so far offsides he obstructed the view of the sideline ref.
Not only that, Toney never looked over to confirm he was lined up properly.  The ref said, had he done that, he probably would have given the warning.

Boo fuckin' hoo...

Is the media covering for him?  I'm sure he wasn't happy with the call and said shit to the refs.   But it sure looked like he was giving shit to anyone and everyone on that sideline.   He lost his cool.   

The ref part is wrong:

1. Boundary WRs often ask refs when lining up.  WRs lined up on the inside?  I can't say I've noticed that very often simply because the Ref isn't there and its easier to see the ball.

2. Refs could have called the Right Tackle for being in the backfield on the same play.

I think Mahomes was giving shit to anyone and everyone on that sideline.  IMO, his coaches and teammates deserve all the shit he was serving.   To have that play destroyed because of that penalty is inexcusable.

Tony Romo stepped in and clearly tried to frame the narrative on the broadcast.   Chiefs see that as the best path and are attempting to keep the locker room stuff inside, IMO.

Chiefs are good but annoying because they give off a sense of entitlement.   I hope the Bengals can go into KC and win.   Just call it Browninghead afterward.

I meant to say:

Refs were correct AND they could have called the Right Tackle for lining up in the backfield, again.

Mahomes bitching about the refs is wrong.  Correct call was made.  Sucks for him.   If Mahomes was directing some of his rant towards his teammates, IMO, that's absolutely justified because its inexcusable to be off sides at that point.  Bad play and bad coaching, IMO.

I

50 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

this makes me smile

I like seeing Volsen hustling down there.....

It's Volson's kind of game. It's not a coincidence that he's had a couple of his best games since Burrow went out and the offense has switched from a "bombs away!" approach to one focused on runs, short passes and screens. That means most of what he is doing now is blocking, which is his strength, versus pass protecting which...is not.

Really I think the whole offensive line has looked much better with Browning at the helm. That's NOT to say that Browning is better than Burrow or anything like that. But when we talk about how Burrow's play style contributes to the uncomfortably high number of hits and sacks he takes, the scheme is contributor to that.

5 hours ago, glasgowbengal said:

Oh the delicious irony, of the team that has benefited most from officials the last few years, losing like that.

Kermit losing his shit on the sidelines just made it exponentially better! 

These refs better learn to help the Chiefs line up otherwise it’s just embarrassing for the league, apparently.

PS - The league needs to hit this dude hard, that tantrum was ridiculous.