Week 13: Bengals @ Jaguars Game Thread

HoosierCat

If you look up Frank Reich’s performance against Warren Moon and the Oilers in ‘93, Jake Browning’s passer rating is almost exactly the same , at 115 and some tenths of a point - Browning did not throw any picks, broke an all-time completion record for 1st and 2nd game QBs debuting, AND scored a damn rushing touch down .    BALLER!  I mean, no one’s going to remember Ryan Finley now - how’s that for a heat check !

• Haha 1

What's even more incredible than Browning's performance was that the game plan and play calling were actually...good? I mean, except for those two WR option plays that cost them 10 points (and I'm not sure the first one was an actual play call, looked more like a busted play and Ja'Marr just went sandlot). If not for those two plays the Bengals win comfortably in regulation.

Meanwhile, the defense just keeps failing to impress. The more I watch, the more just how slow they are sideline-to-sideline stands out. Corners and safeties can move but have to find a little more rapidity up front.

Best play-calling I’ve seen by Taylor Callahan, the 2 headed monster . (The 49er game this year is now the 2nd best).   Chase Brown is what I hoped he could be…already! wonder if he pass blocks better than Mixon ? They were a good 1-2 punch last night.  Hudson and Sample could man the TE for them next year and save a draft pick or FA signing.  

• Like 1

It’s easy to dismiss the team without Burrow (God knows I do) and complain about how poor they play at times. However, this team has quality wins over Buffalo, San Fran, and now a Jags team that is fighting for the #1 seed. 

It’s neither as good or bad as people make it out to be.

Keep getting youngsters playing time and see how it all plays out.

Well, to be fair, if they aren't going to blow the season up and work on a higher draft pick, seeing Browning blow up would be the next best problem to have.  Even if they don't decide to trade him in that unlikely scenario, it would certainly be nice to know we have a capable backup moving forward.