Week 13: Bengals @ Jaguars Game Thread

HoosierCat

By rule the offense must gain 10 yards within 4 plays.  They don't let you run more plays if they don't.   So for all the crying about Mixon's carries or not using Brown or whatever.   They have to gain 1st downs in order for it to happen.   They snapped the ball 43 times which I think was 38 plays that counted.  That's horrible. 

They would not have converted more 3rd downs by giving Mixon more carries.   There are bad clips of offensive linemen running into each other on different running plays.  Its just bad, very bad.   Browning has to deliver a football without starring down his target.  He could have thrown at least 3 picks.  He simply was not good.

They were lucky to carve out the 1 TD drive they got. 

“TOKYO (AP) — Godzilla, the nightmarish radiation spewing monster born out of nuclear weapons, has stomped through many movies, including several Hollywood remakes.

Takashi Yamazaki, the director behind the latest Godzilla movie, set for U.S. theatrical release later this year, was determined to bring out what he believes is the essentially Japanese spirituality that characterizes the 1954 original.”

Army I’m sorry you can’t appreciate Japanese spirituality, personified in this case by a giant nuclear lizard that incinerates victims with his flamethrower face and throws full subway cars all over Tokyo. I guess you’re just not very spiritual.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, COB said:

Army I’m sorry you can’t appreciate Japanese spirituality, personified in this case by a giant nuclear lizard that incinerates victims with his flamethrower face and throws full subway cars all over Tokyo. I guess you’re just not very spiritual.  

I want to like those movies. I really do.
I mean what’s not to like? Monsters, explosions, epic destruction, etc, etc…

I just can’t get into it…

Where’s my motivation here?

Well after seeing what the Cards did the Steelers, just shows how bad the Bengals defense really is. Lacking pass rushers, the paid the LB and have they really been all that great besides picking off a few passes. The DBs are young and look like they have potential, but without a pass rush the WR always look so wide open. The team is a mess, and we all look forward to when Burrow gets back, but there are a lot of holes on this team not sure the front office will fill the holes in.

If any of you are going to the game, a high school called Milford High School (not our Milford, a different one) will have its band there to perform a halftime show.  

If you go, please sing along with their fight song, it’ll give the kids a boost to hear the crowd joining in!  I was lucky enough to find the Milford High School fight song lyrics online:

Milford High School Fight Song /to the same tune of every high school fight song ever written/

Oh we’ll meet them on the field,

the field!

The field! 

They’ll find in us a fight

A fight!

A fight!

Stonecutters Fight!

Milford Stonecutters Fight!  

Escalate your guilt and shame

Into violence

Violence!

Into unspeakable violence!

March right down that field

Milford Stonecutters

We are filled with destructive aggression!

Milford Stonecutters Fight!

Toxic guilt, social withdrawal

And Violence Violence Violence!

Toxic guilt, social withdrawal 

And Stonecutter violence!  

In a crippling shame spiral!

Milford Stonecutters shame spiral!

Cheer for the blue and white

We are the best

Shame spiral right into