Week 12: Steelers @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Stripes, Army, am I gonna have to come over there and whack both of you upside the head? We want Browning to suck! Picks, fumbles, sacks, you name it, he better deliver. All wins at this point do is push us down the draft board. And looking at the schedule, even average play might get the Bengals 3 or 4 more wins. Pitt’s locker room is in meltdown, and both Indy and Minny are without their starting QBs too. An 8-9 or 9-8 finish buys us the worst of all possible worlds: no playoffs but a draft pick in the second half of the first.

Get out there and do your worst, Jake! Make us all proud.

27 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Stripes, Army, am I gonna have to come over there and whack both of you upside the head? We want Browning to suck!

Dude, I'm all in on watching Browning channel his inner Ryan Finley.
Just get it done Jake !!

However, I'm going to be honest here...  I'm probably not watching many more Bengals games this year.
I will check in here and there, watch highlights (hopefully low lights) and move on to next year.

If there was one thing that would peak what little interest I have left in the 2023 season, it would be AJ McCarron.
I just like his wife, I mean him, and would probably see if he could go out there and have some fun with it.
God knows this roster is better than the one he should have beaten the Steelers with in the playoffs.
I have no idea where he's at with the offense, but I'm just saying.

Again, bring on the suck.  Army needs a top 10 pick !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Uh oh.  The Tomlin Empire getting a little shaky.  But firing Canada buys him the rest of this season and surely all of next year as they give the new OC a fair chance.  Gonna break out some new custom aviators and a new look Tomlin calls “Blue Steel, (but with a sort of ruthless flavor.  But also confident.  So Confidently Ruthless Blue Steel.”

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Stripes, Army, am I gonna have to come over there and whack both of you upside the head? We want Browning to suck! Picks, fumbles, sacks, you name it, he better deliver. All wins at this point do is push us down the draft board. And looking at the schedule, even average play might get the Bengals 3 or 4 more wins. Pitt’s locker room is in meltdown, and both Indy and Minny are without their starting QBs too. An 8-9 or 9-8 finish buys us the worst of all possible worlds: no playoffs but a draft pick in the second half of the first.

This is year 57 that we look forward to the draft.  Fans keep looking, the franchise keeps picking, Lombardi stays elusive!

We could win the Super Bowl and I would look forward to the draft.
I love college football and enjoy watching the path for many of these young guys.

If you mean that it sucks to be doing that with nearly half the season remaining, yeah, that sucks.
Such is the life of a Bengals fan.  Someone mentioned that this isn't for the weak of heart.
Truer words have never been said.

Well, that and Tyler Eifert probably fractured his ankle while blowing his nose this morning.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Sure, by all means, suck every ounce of ass there is left to suck!

I just mean that if he does suck, I don't want to see him backing up Joe Burrow next season. That'd be old-style Bengals complacency.

• HoosierCat changed the title to Week 12: Steelers @ Bengals Game Thread

Honestly not sure I care which way they go my main thing is I wanna see is them playing the young guys. Wanna see the young RB Brown play a lot today I wanna see what they got in him.

Oh also let’s see if Taylor runs the ball, maybe it will help him realize that if he runs it, it might actually open up passing down the field when Burrow returns next year.