Week 11: Bengals @ Ravens Game Thread

HoosierCat

Yea they pretty much built this team around Burrow to be in there, so him missing time or the year pretty much puts them out. They don’t have the defenses like the other AFC North teams do, these last 2 weeks sucked, so I don’t see the defense winning many games. They never have a good backup QB, so if the defense sucks the offense won’t bail them out. This just sucks all the way around what a waste of a year that I thought was going to be pretty special!

Oh and fire Pollack please tired of his o-lines

• Thanks 1

with it understood that we are almost certainly out of the playoffs for 2023, and we'll move onto talking about the draft and FA and developing the youngsters more and playing the vets less - how bad is Burrows injury and why didnt they report it going into Thursday's game?   I'm far more interested in the former than the latter

10 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

with it understood that we are almost certainly out of the playoffs for 2023, and we'll move onto talking about the draft and FA and developing the youngsters more and playing the vets less - how bad is Burrows injury and why didnt they report it going into Thursday's game?   I'm far more interested in the former than the latter

As expected the league is investigating the Bengals' injury reporting, or lack thereof.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38919776/nfl-investigate-bengals-injury-report-compliance

Zac is of course claiming they are pure as the driven snow, meaning he's either lying or clueless (I'd bet the former).

Yea sounds like there could be some trouble for the Bengals for not reporting something on it. I’m guessing he hurt it and it was not too serious, but one of those hits just made it worse. 

What bothers me we are like 4years into Burrows career and we are still talking/ complaining about his protection. When the hell are they going to either draft competent guys or get a coach that can coach these guys up or something. I get some hits are on Burrow for holding the ball, but man he just gets hit way to often.

I went to bed when Burrow exited in the first half.
How many times were the backup QB's mentioned prior to the start of the season?  They sucked then and suck now.

I guess I will be the guy...  There is no way in hell the Bengals make the playoffs at this point.
Is it possible?  Sure, but it's not happening.  At least not without Burrow.

Just get Burrow healthy, because it looked like his calf was still an issue last night.
Get the younger guys more snaps regardless of what happens.  I mean EVERY draft pick from this year.

I've already moved on mentally to the 2024 draft.  Serious.
Go ahead and hate or whatever, but the leaves and gutters won't clean themselves.
Where is La'el Collins by the way ??  Remember how he was going to get snatched up quick ??
I could use some help !!

Jets worked Collins out last month but didn't sign him. Giants supposedly kicked his tires as well. I wouldn't object to a return here if/when Jonah leaves.

Issue on the line tho is Volson. He didn't make the hoped-for jump in his sophomore season. An upgrade there would have the biggest impact imo.

Barstool Sports founder and owner Dave Portnoy says he is filing a class action lawsuit against the Cincinnati Bengals and NFL.

Portnoy posted a screenshot around 7:30 p.m. Thursday of a $120,000 bet he placed on the Bengals to cover the four-point spread against the Baltimore Ravens.

https://www.fox19.com/2023/11/17/class-action-lawsuit-against-bengals-coming-barstool-sports-founder-says/

• Haha 1

I guess that’s why this is a huge deal because of sports betting, but he threw all week at practice, he was throwing the ball from what we seen last night pretty good as well. That so called brace he was wearing, was it really a brace, looked more like one of those hand wraps you put on when doing work on an I pad? There is just so much speculation right now about this that nobody knows about. Sucks the Bengals ruined his betting addiction, I’m sure he had the Bengals winning the super bowl as well, but shit happens

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

57. You’re a child. :D

57 is correct, but you aren’t that old HC!

Older than dirt here.  So old I used to root for guys like Frank Ryan, Jimmie Brown, Leroy Kelly, Paul Warfield, Gene Hickerson, Lou Groza, etc etc

Ok I’ve recovered.  That was pretty quick for me to bounce back not just from a division loss, but from a sort of Chernobyl like meltdown of the season.  

I think the fact that we were wobbly from the word go (1-3 start), and then that ass kicking from the Texans, helped.  My expectations were tempered, to say the least.  It’s almost better this way.  We don’t have to go through like a 6 week slow motion car crash.  We just went ahead and got it over with.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, COB said:

Ok I’ve recovered.  That was pretty quick for me to bounce back not just from a division loss, but from a sort of Chernobyl like meltdown of the season.  

I think the fact that we were wobbly from the word go (1-3 start), and then that ass kicking from the Texans, helped.  My expectations were tempered, to say the least.  It’s almost better this way.  We don’t have to go through like a 6 week slow motion car crash.  We just went ahead and got it over with.  

Yeah this season was janky from the start, so it all going to hell now doesn’t hit as hard. It’s not like 2015 when Andy was on fire all season and it seemed like they were finally going to get it done, only for the Steelers to stomp his hand into mush. That was a kick in the teeth. This year is more like stubbing your toe.

30 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Yeah this season was janky from the start, so it all going to hell now doesn’t hit as hard. It’s not like 2015 when Andy was on fire all season and it seemed like they were finally going to get it done, only for the Steelers to stomp his hand into mush. That was a kick in the teeth. This year is more like stubbing your toe.

For me, 2021 was worse!

To get a phantom holding call on Wilson, and then an untouched sack with Chase open on a go route away from a Lombardi, to break the curse, was brutal . . . at least for me!

• Like 1

If there just has to be a "This season is fucked" scenario, I would prefer it this way.

There's a real chance they suck the rest of the season and end up with a top 10 pick.
As opposed to being in the mix, only to fall short and picking 23rd or some shit.

I compare it to Burrow's rookie season when his knee was imploded and the result was draft Ja'Marr #5 overall.
As much as losing hurts, it will hurt a lot less in 2024 with a true blue chip player who produces year one.

I'm all in on the Texans for the remainder of the year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

If there just has to be a "This season is fucked" scenario, I would prefer it this way.

There's a real chance they suck the rest of the season and end up with a top 10 pick.
As opposed to being in the mix, only to fall short and picking 23rd or some shit.

I compare it to Burrow's rookie season when his knee was imploded and the result was draft Ja'Marr #5 overall.
As much as losing hurts, it will hurt a lot less in 2024 with a true blue chip player who produces year one.

I'm all in on the Texans for the remainder of the year. 

Really like the ex-Buckeye Stroud!  Good QB but also has his priorities right and could give a rip WHO it annoys or ticks off!

Lots of questions right now if Joe is injury prone, and in someways thinking about maybe it is a bit concerning. Truthfully the bengals really have no one to blame but themselves. They spent so much money on an o-line that has been trash for years, only to look somewhat ok. This o-line should be top of the league as much as they spent on changing things, but we sit here game after game and wonder what the hell is wrong with them. Just maybe it’s time to look else where for a new Line coach. Also they see the hits Burrow takes, and still make him throw it 40-50 times a game, and I question why all the time. I get some don’t want to take the ball out of his hands, but if they attempted to run more just maybe it would open up the pass game and stop teams from all blitzing them, and the o-line not having a clue who to block. He had been sacked 148 times in 52 games that is crazy high and not good.

I just really hope we don’t have another Andrew Luck here where he just gets beat up year after year because they refuse to run the ball and help Burrow out.