Week 10: Texans @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Chase and Higgins oh boy…….. so Higgins got hurt in practice today. Hopefully they both can just rest it up and have a chance come Sunday.

Looks like last week was a good week to break in the TE playbook. Might need more of the unstoppable Drew Sample Sunday!

Can't wait for this game.  We follow the Texans pretty closely here and they are a team that has become fun to watch again.
Stroud has certainly worked out and they picked up some players in free agency that have helped as well.
Unfortunately for them, they have like 20+ guys injured at the moment and it's going to be hard for them to overcome all the injuries.
The one I think hurts them a lot is RB Pierce.  They have some other guys in there, but they aren't Pierce, so that helps the Bengals.
WR Nico Collins also got dinged up and if he's hobbled, that bodes well for our secondary.
TE Dalton Schultz was a great FA pick up and Stroud has benefitted in having him to throw to.  Add in rookie WR Tank Dell and they really are a fun team to get behind.

All that being said, I don't think the Houston defense will be able to adequately cover all the weapons the Bengals have, even if Chase can't go.
That doesn't mean this is going to be a cakewalk by any stretch, but this is a game they should win.
The Bengals just have to do what good teams should do, in beating the teams you are suppose to beat.

My buddy and his family are flying in from Houston to catch the game at PayCor, so it's going to be a good weekend either way around.
The fact it's suppose to be sunny and in the mid 50's in the middle of November is a Godsend !!!

Bengals-27
Texans-17

• Like 1

Baby:

Bengals WRs Ja’Marr Chase (back) and Tee Higgins (hamstring) not present for the open portion of practice.

https://www.threads.net/@bbaby41/post/Czb4hW1Omwy/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Update: Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase just walked out with a jersey and is going through stretch. Tee Higgins also walked out but doesn’t have a jersey.

https://www.threads.net/@bbaby41/post/Czb59BfOMQI/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Here’s a thought I know they are a passing team, but maybe run the ball a little more and use the RB and TE in the passing game more. If Chase starts maybe limit his time, and get him ready for next week, not that I’m looking past this game. Might be tough with these guys to throw down field all game, but hoping Yoshi has a huge game here. 

• Like 1

• HoosierCat changed the title to Week 10: Texans @ Bengals Game Thread