Week 5: Bengals @ Cardinals Game Thread

HoosierCat

I’ve been rooting for this franchise since 1968 and my only conclusion is, that it’s ’snake bit’!  PERIOD!

They draft the best QB in college football, then the injury.  The next spring training recovering from the injury.  The next spring training appendectomy recovery.  This spring strained calf!

Yes, things got much better when MB turned most everything over to Katie!

I really thought that FINALLY the snake has stopped biting in the 2021 season and they would FINALLY have a Lombardi at Paycor!

Then came the phantom holding call on Logan Wilson!

In spite of the calf strain, there was talk of this being possibly the deepest and best lineup in franchise history.

They avoided ‘life support’ with a win on Monday night thanks to Shayne Graham’s heads up to Darren Simmons about McPherson in between the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

A loss tomorrow will put them on life support and another L next Sunday at Paycor will pull the plug on the season!

I was hoping to see a Lombardi at Paycor before I go to The House, but time is running out as I turned 70 on Tuesday.

Before anyone whines about Negative Nancy or go follow a band wagon team, I will ALWAYS root for them, and my opinion/outlook of this team has absolutely no bearing on the direction this franchise goes!

• HoosierCat changed the title to Week 5: Bengals @ Cardinals Game Thread