Report: Bengals Plan to PayJoe This Offseason

HoosierCat

Oh, I’d go even further re Joe’s coming cap hits. If I’m the Bengals I have to assume I’ll be using the tag for three straight years if I can’t get a deal. At this year’s prices that would be $32 million in 2025, $38 million in 2026 and something in the 50s in 2027 probably. So the Bengals are already looking at paying Burrow something like $160-170 million over the next five years. That’s already more than half way to a deal. They can get this done and I agree it’s far from team-wrecking.

Nice to see that breakdown for Hurts' contract and certainly makes me feel better about the cap hits.  I'm sure the Bengals are looking at all of that as well.  Just need to hang tight and let them get it done.  Hoping for sooner rather than later, so they can start working on the many more needing to get wrapped up.

I'm still in shock a little in them signing Orlando Brown despite all others needing to get done.  So not something the older version of the Bengals would have tried to get fit in.  LOVE IT !!

Ive long preferred Gold Star over Skyline, but I'll eat either

I was very happy we had a Gold Star in "downtown" Mt Washington when we lived there

Personal favorite in town is Camp Washington Chili, but I rarely get over that way

We could use a Quatmans, Blue Ash Chili, and a Goodfellas Pizza over here in the Anderson-Mt Washington area

Since we have transitioned to Chili in this thread and I don't want to make a stand alone thread, I read this from Peter King.  No worries Hoosier, this one won't piss you off coming from him !!

I think there will be a cool moment Friday night at the draft. Fifty years after the United States ceased involvement in the Vietnam War, the NFL will honor those who served in the unpopular war. Retired Col. Lynn W. Rolf Jr., 74, will represent those who served in Vietnam. He’ll be recognized for his two years as an Army platoon leader in Vietnam (1971-’72), and, as someone who grew up rooting for the Bengals in southeast Indiana, will announce Cincinnati’s third-round pick, 92nd overall. “It’s a pretty humbling feeling,” Rolf said the other day. “I’m sitting here with my brother, who’s also a Vietnam vet, and I’ve got tears in my eyes thinking about it.” The league recognizing the service of Vietnam vets makes Rolf the happiest, because for years those who served in the war never felt appreciated when they came home. “The NFL doing this makes me very happy,” Rolf said. “When I came home, we weren’t appreciated. We were spat on. Called baby-killers. So this is something I really appreciate.”

Kudos to Rolf for continuing to live a life of service. Now living in Kansas, in his retirement, he has devoted his life to getting a $50-million skilled nursing facility built in northeastern Kansas, where there isn’t a place for medical care or rehab for the area’s vets. “When people see this old vet hobbling across the stage,” Rolf said, “I would like people to know that service doesn’t stop when you take the uniform off. Being a good American means giving back your whole life.”

Not that I won't be paying attention to the Bengals pick anyway, but boy do I love our Vietnam Vets.  I loved serving them while working at the VA and listening to all their stories.  It was truly one of the things that was hard to leave a couple of years ago and I miss seeing those guys day in and day out.  I would always hear that you learn from those who came before you and that was/is an absolute being a combat medic.  I learned so much about what we now are capable of doing on the battlefield due to Vietnam Veterans that died over there. Love those guys !!

• Thanks 1