Week 6: Bengals @ Saints

HoosierCat

18 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

The confusing part is Burrow himself declared "pick your poison", but his play doesn't reflect that.    When they checked it down against Baltimore his targets got him scoring opportunities more times than punts, when he didn't it resulted in negative plays giving the Ravens better field position and better scoring opportunities.

When you declare "pick your poison" then that means when a defense plays you dishonestly you are simply going to grind them up with what they are giving you. Yet time and time again he elects not to go this route.

I agree, but I kind of understand it. He’s an aggressive QB — and we want that! — and his “poison” is always going to lean toward the big play. I think you have to point a finger here at Taylor, too. He still thinks too much like a QB, too, when he needs to be the voice of patience in Burrow’s ear.

What a mess and a waste of such talent on the field, and nobody in that building seems to know what to do to fix it. All they say is it’s getting better it’s getting there, I’m just not sure this team has the brains to fix it at this point. They keep doing the same thing each week, every team seems to do the same thing to stop it yet Zac or anybody has yet to figure out how to beat it. Hopefully in week 14 we are still not hearing it’s getting there we’re getting better each week.

First time for everything TJ.

Or in the words of one of my favorite bands of all time:
"It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime."
"What better place than here, what better time than now ??"
"ALL HELL CAN'T STOP US NOW !!"

I'd like to see a little Rage show up in the Bengals tomorrow !!