Week 5 (SNF): Bengals @ Ravens

HoosierCat

17 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Yah, it’s Browns, Ravens, Bengals by division tiebreaker atm. But that was the best possible outcome for this weekend, so who dey! Big game next week!

Slight correx: apparently we are technically in second due to our conference record being better than Baltimore’s.

The Ravens have been one of the unluckiest teams from an injury perspective for the past couple years.
Just seems like half their starters are on IR before they even get to the mid point of the season.
Oh well, no one had any sympathy for us when we ever went through that.  NONE GIVEN !!

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Ravens have been one of the unluckiest teams from an injury perspective for the past couple years.

Probably wasn’t luck.  The Ravens ran a notoriously physical training camp.  Finally this year Harbaugh scaled it way back.  He told the media they’d studied various things and this new approach gives them the best chance.  We’ll see.

He also ran probably the most physical, longest, regular season practices in the league.  The union used to file grievances against him for breaking rules during the season.  He supposedly has changed that as well.  But we’ll see how he reacts once they get pushed around or bullied in a game or two.  

• Like 1

How we feelin?

I thought they’d lose to the Jets, they didn’t.

I thought they’d beat the tired Dolphins, they did.

Man, this week. I’m hoping bad Zac Taylor doesn’t show up with the bad prep and play calling.  I want him to be a great HC but I think his game plan and play calling is going to end up costing us in the end. I hope I’ve never been so wrong. But it just seems like we are wasting the best offensive talent this organization has ever seen.

• Thanks 1

I am feeling good because not only does the D continue to play well, even against a top offense, and good D travels well, but the OLine is really starting to put together some good snaps. 

I'd feel better if the OLine was doing a better job runblocking, or Mixon was running better.  But compared to the first 2 weeks, I am much more confident about this next game

I am a little worried about Shooter's groin.  It feels wrong to think about or talk about another guys groin, hehe, but it did show up on the injury report

Would it hurt to give Dax some snaps?  I want to see what our 2023 starter looks like.

This team rises to the occasion. They’re not perfect, and maybe they hold themselves back sometimes. But they have forged a culture tailor-made for games like this one.

This team wins in prime time and in the postseason.

That doesn’t mean they’ll absolutely beat the Ravens. Baltimore has a good team that really should be better than 2-2, just like the Bengals. They lost a fluke game to Miami as we lost a fluke game to Pittsburgh.

I feel good though. I’m also much less dreary about the coaching staff than the rest of the fanbase seems to be. The offense has sputtered, but that is in line with league-wide trends. Scoring is down. The LIONS lead the NFL in scoring. Things will sort out and we’ll be fine.

12 hours ago, TJJackson said:

I am feeling good because not only does the D continue to play well, even against a top offense, and good D travels well, but the OLine is really starting to put together some good snaps. 

I'd feel better if the OLine was doing a better job runblocking, or Mixon was running better.  But compared to the first 2 weeks, I am much more confident about this next game

I am a little worried about Shooter's groin.  It feels wrong to think about or talk about another guys groin, hehe, but it did show up on the injury report

Would it hurt to give Dax some snaps?  I want to see what our 2023 starter looks like.

I’m wondering how they use Dax this Sunday. I’m thinking he plays given the opponent. 

The Bengals know they are in the Ravens heads and always seem to get amped for this game.
The Ravens have suffered some injuries and are certainly beatable regardless of when and where the game is being played.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Ravens take this game, but a Bengals win wouldn't be at all shocking either.

Rooting priorities might be interesting this Sunday prior to the Bengals' night game.

I will be actively rooting for the Bills to lose to the Steelers. I don't take the latter seriously as a division rival and would view a Bills loss as more valuable to the Bengals than a Steelers loss in the conference standings.

It's not as clear for Chargers @ Browns. I'll probably go ahead and root for the Chargers in that one, but it might be a sort of win/win or lose/lose prospect. I don't want Cleveland building any confidence during this Brissett period.

• Thanks 1