Week 1: Steelers @ Bengals

HoosierCat

31 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Exactly. I’m sitting here dumbfounded. Pathetically coached game.

As much as I love to dump on Zac, coaching did not lose this game. Two things lost this game. One was Joe Burrow. He had an abysmal first half. I wont argue with those that point to the oline, they were not good, but even so Joe was baaaaad. Like drunk Andy Dalton in MNF game bad. Did not see the field, made bad throws and bad decisions…just awful. He came back after halftime and looked much, much better, but his nightmarish first half was just too deep a hole.

The second issue was the injury to Clark Harris. That cost us the game twice. Thank god we had a LS battle in camp so we have a replacement ready.

On to New York.

1 minute ago, HoosierCat said:

As much as I love to dump on Zac, coaching did not lose this game. Two things lost this game. One was Joe Burrow. He had an abysmal first half. I wont argue with those that point to the oline, they were not good, but even so Joe was baaaaad. Like drunk Andy Dalton in MNF game bad. Did not see the field, made bad throws and bad decisions…just awful. He came back after halftime and looked much, much better, but his nightmarish first half was just too deep a hole.

The second issue was the injury to Clark Harris. That cost us the game twice. Thank god we had a LS battle in camp so we have a replacement ready.

On to New York.

You given up on the Dallas game already?!!!!

2 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

On to New York.

Joe Burrow dug the hole. Zac Taylor threw dirt in it. I’ll give you that. The lack of preparedness is on ZT. The 4 ints are on Burrow.

2 hours ago, jonf45uk said:

So angry how unprepared we were for this game

Agreed.  What the fuck.  They got it together eventually, but that first quarter killed them.  I guess their devotion to an older player like Harris finally caught up to us.  Missing those two kicks, both to win?  Almost unbelievable.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

On to New York.

Coaching lost this game in the month of August.    Every freakin analyst that trotted through here had the same theme "soft camp" and like a bunch of sheep excused it for "long season" "health".

The two coaches that are the poster board of this approach got their ass handed to them week 1.     If they are going to have Training Camp and Preseason games then get your fucking players out there and play football.  That's the point.

Game planning - Let's set Volson up to fail why don't we?  Got beat first play.   Got to play to his strength early.  Then they had some dumbass pass pro where he pulls and trys to block Watt.   Fucking stupid.

Pollack must have said he wants ASS eaters, because his lines have sucked here.  Just fucking bullshit to piss away a division home game over a very sub par Steeler team.

I still wonder if he should have made that FG in OT, sure the snap was high, but Huber got it down, Steelers rush was not bad, but it looked like he rushed that kick so fast he pulled it so bad. Still think he should have made that.

Yea I agree with a soft preseason and soft practice over the summer. Or maybe they just thought they could show up and win in the first half. Either way the team sucked from top to bottom at some point through the game.

7 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

I still wonder if he should have made that FG in OT, sure the snap was high, but Huber got it down, Steelers rush was not bad, but it looked like he rushed that kick so fast he pulled it so bad. Still think he should have made that.

Yea I agree with a soft preseason and soft practice over the summer. Or maybe they just thought they could show up and win in the first half. Either way the team sucked from top to bottom at some point through the game.

Snap was so high, I said in real time( at the game, endzone view) the holder should "eat" it and kick again.    IMO, Huber should have covered the ball, IMO.

Then Burrow taking the sack/fumble in over time is just bad Quarterback play.  Just fucking horrible.   Burrow is the man but he has to start delivering the ball sooner.

I also think we should have had a safety earlier in the game because that was intentional grounding in the end zone, blown call, IMO.

Sorry just rambling.