Chiefs Fans

cincyhokie

My god. I know it was a tough loss for them and we all know what it's like to get the majority of game influencing calls going against us. But damn, I've never seen such a whiny fan base before. I thought the Steelers and Ravens fans were bad. The Chiefs are odds on favorites for the AFC to make the Super Bowl. They have a great team and will likely beat the Bengals if they meet in the playoffs. On a neutral field, the Chiefs win 7/10 times. "The refs gave the game away. The NFL is rigged. All Joe Burrow does is throw up 50/50 balls."

If the Bengals ever win a SB and we turn into a whiny, soft, pathetic mess of a fanbase, shoot me. Here's a link for what I'm talking about. But it's also their show hosts, etc. Chiefs fans, if you want to come over here and discuss, please do so. We won't block you out of here like you're doing to Bengals fans on Chiefs Planet. 

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341646

• Like 1

I will say i here as I said elsewhere - bad calls were made on bot teams, absolutely, but I felt that the Bengals got the better of it by a significant margin, which is a sorta kinda nice change just for once but ultimately I think we'd all prefer better officiating 

I definitely know how those Chief fans are feeling - we've been the victims of blatantly poor officiating so many times over the past several years, especially against the hated Steelers

all that said, there's no excuse to ban/block a Bengals fan from speaking on a fan forum, as long as said Bengals fan is following forum rules

Bandwagon fans that jumped on with Mahomes and  probably don't know how to deal with set backs.  

NFL officiating is bad because the rule book has morphed away from black and white into grey and it intentionally favors offense.  So I'm positive they've gotten some calls. 

The average NFL fan is… not very smart. It really shows on massive high-traffic forums like that one, and I’ve seen it on the biggest Bengals boards.

That’s why I never post links to Bengalszone anywhere else. People might actually click them and register. We have a good thing going here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Stripes said:

The average NFL fan is… not very smart. It really shows on massive high-traffic forums like that one, and I’ve seen it on the biggest Bengals boards.

That’s why I never post links to Bengalszone anywhere else. People might actually click them and register. We have a good thing going here.

This is very true. They really aren’t. Of course with sports it does bring out irrational thinking and emotion. If there’s at least one upside to being a Bengals fan it is that we generally know how to lose. Some fanbases can’t tolerate it.

People in general HATE that the bengals may actually be good, and only getting better. Just look on Twitter and you will some of these media goons bashing on the bengals, because there fans are excited about something for once, and we just can not have nice things!!

So the whole NFL is rigged, I know it’s not, but damn sometimes the NFL really just makes you think it is. That is why I can’t believe the Steelers won’t make the playoffs and make a big run since Ben said he is going to retire. Just look when Bettis and Ray Lewis said they were done, or even Peyton they had to win they just had to lol. 

TBF it’s not just Chiefs fans. Browns fans are also crying about the refs handing the game to Cincy. All I can really say is this:

1. Yup, the refs were bad yesterday. Missed a lot of obvious stuff, called a lot of ticky tack stuff, so…what else is new? Been like this for a while.

2. no, the nfl isn’t rigged. If it were rigged they would have handed in to KC yesterday and kept tonight’s game and next week’s Cleveland/Cincy game meaningful. Deliberately subverting interest in your own product is an…interesting…definition of rigging.

I always thought Steelers fans were the worst for this, since they would manage to complain about officiating even when they won games by a mile. 

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

TBF it’s not just Chiefs fans. Browns fans are also crying about the refs handing the game to Cincy. All I can really say is this:

1. Yup, the refs were bad yesterday. Missed a lot of obvious stuff, called a lot of ticky tack stuff, so…what else is new? Been like this for a while.

2. no, the nfl isn’t rigged. If it were rigged they would have handed in to KC yesterday and kept tonight’s game and next week’s Cleveland/Cincy game meaningful. Deliberately subverting interest in your own product is an…interesting…definition of rigging.

A thousand times this! The fucking rulebook is a mess. 

• Like 1

It all comes down to $$$. A lot of stuff like whether a ball crosses the plane on the goal line or is a first down can be solved easily with tech. A full time pro officiating team would at least bring hope for continuity in calls at least. You could even put more officials at the game, not on the field but on the sideline and in the replay booth so the officials on the field are 100 percent focused on plays. But all this would cost owners like 0.00001% of their ginormous profits and since at the end of the day people keep watching, why bother?

19 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Also, good to see you Airborne! Been a while!

Good to see you too, Hoosier! Got promoted years ago and couldn't post on forums at work anymore so I had to take a hiatus. Got promoted once more and now I can post to social media like I'm a teen girl again! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I generally think sports officiating was never intended to be so exact.   Half the shit they call is BS, IMO.   But whatever just got to know its going to bite you back at some point.

Agreed, and while it's not always a reasonable expectation one should do all they can to not leave the game in the hands of the refs. 

Allow me another opportunity to tell any fanbase complaining about calls from the refs to suck it.
Being a small organization in the football world, I don't believe for a minute that people intentionally give US the benefit of the doubt.
We have time and time again had to simply deal with shit like that which has worked against us in the past.

Might I suggest they do the same ??
DEAL WITH IT FUCKERS !!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:23 PM, ArmyBengal said:

Yes, good to see you 101 !!

Fans bitching about the refs ??
What’s new ??

The Bengals actually benefitting from poor calls ?? Now that’s a new concept I can’t say has happened in, I don’t know, maybe forever ??

Suck it !!

Thanks Army! 

And yeah, the threads and youtube vids keep highlighting the calls that went against the Chiefs but how about the PI that was called on us that was ticky tacky shit? They think grabbing a guy's face mask shouldn't be called but somehow the sleeve tug was totally legit? I will say the unnecessary roughness call was also ticky tacky as hell but that's the way they were calling the game for both teams.