Sign in to follow this  
HoosierCat

Post-Draft/UDFA Thread

From the .com:

The Bengals today signed two free agents — QB Eric Dungey and TE Cheyenne O'Grady. Both participated in the team's rookie minicamp earlier today as tryout players.

Dungey (6-3, 226), a first-year player out of Syracuse University, originally was a college free agent signee of the N.Y. Giants in 2019. He later spent time on the Cleveland Browns' practice squad, but did not see game action for either team. He was not with an NFL team in 2020.

O'Grady (6-4, 253), a rookie out of the University of Arkansas, spent five seasons (2015-19) at the University of Arkansas, with a redshirt year in '15. He played in 26 career games for the Razorbacks, and caught 80 passes for 858 yards and 10 TDs. Although he was eligible for the draft in 2020, he has not previously signed with an NFL team and will thus be classified as a rookie.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:49 PM, Stripes said:

We officially have Cincinnati Bengals players born this millennium. I think I'll go find a pier to gracefully walk off.

In the Yearrrrrrrr Two Thousssssssand 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Shelvin makes a 270 pound end look tiny. Ha 

Breer MAQB:

One thing teams do get in rookie minicamp, and especially this year with no combine, or private workouts and visits, is perspective on the size of their class. And I can say in a year when the Bengals felt like they needed it, the coaches in Cincinnati really liked the way a crew of three offensive line and four defensive line rookies looked on the hoof out there. Second-round pick Jackson Carman moved around well and made a good first impression, but the raw length of defensive end Joseph Ossai and overall size of defensive tackle Tyler Shelvin really stood out.

Bachie- 8 games into his senior year at Mich State he tested positive for a PED and was suspended for the rest of the year.  

I’m not encouraging the use of PEDs but at least this dude has shown some dedication and effort.

• Like 1

Okay. Not exactly a need in my view, but I'll take a veteran DB.

2 hours ago, Stripes said:

Okay. Not exactly a need in my view, but I'll take a veteran DB.

since he has a respectable PFF score for 2020 and is a special teamer, I suspect this guy will make the team as the 5th safety

quality depth

They also need camp bodies - as TJ notes - they are still short of 90. 

• Like 1

it was weird how they picked up relatively few UDCFAs right after the draft......tho they did get one favorite of mine, the punter from OSU

I dearly love Huber, but he's getting up there in years