Steelers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I don't give a crap whether Pittsburgh makes the playoffs.  That defense is not very good and can be beaten by any playoff team.

I'll concede the first round bye too.  Just nothing you can do when your starting QB gets hurt.

Find a way into the playoffs and get Dalton in the game.

You really think Dalton would've made much of a difference?  Steelers are a better team right now, took it to the Bengals', shoved their face in it.  

They aren't beating good teams anymore, it just seems like the same team(s) we've seen every Dec/Jan under Marvin - they sputter out and are still pretenders.

7 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

You really think Dalton would've made much of a difference?  Steelers are a better team right now, took it to the Bengals', shoved their face in it.  

They aren't beating good teams anymore, it just seems like the same team(s) we've seen every Dec/Jan under Marvin - they sputter out and are still pretenders.

We know you don't think it made a difference, pretend fan! You were probably a little gleeful when he threw the pick and then broke his thumb on the same play!

I'm just not impressed with the Steelers.  Somehow the Bengals managed to outgain them.  Somehow the Steelers only managed one touchdown drive.  This game is a different story if Dalton and Eifert don't go down.  They might have still lost the game with the defense being so dinged but still...

The Steelers just don't look bad and scary anymore.  They look like a team that needs to act like little bitches and overcompensate by talking and acting tough.  

Once Fat Face retires....this is just another team.  

I'm really beginning to hate this game between these two teams.  It's just stupid.

The players are both sides act and talk like idiots, the "chipiness" is annoying to watch, and I'm tired of that crap.

Be professional and handle your business on the field.  I turned the game off at halftime and played with the kids.

Sad part is the fans take that crap upon themselves.  I've heard it non-stop at work today.  Just dumb.

1 minute ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm really beginning to hate this game between these two teams.  It's just stupid.

The players are both sides act and talk like idiots, the "chipiness" is annoying to watch, and I'm tired of that crap.

Be professional and handle your business on the field.  I turned the game off at halftime and played with the kids.

Sad part is the fans take that crap upon themselves.  I've heard it non-stop at work today.  Just dumb.

Couldn't agree more. I said before the game keep your cool, and all game the bengals did not. They played right into the Steelers hand and acted like idiots. Keep your cool and let them act stupid. Worst part is it's still going on, players on Twitter are acting stupid! It gets really annoying to watch, and good teams know it's not worth it, it just cost the team 15 yards most of the time. Time to grow up

6 minutes ago, Earendil said:

It's hard to keep your cool when it is obvious the other team is out there to injure people.

Exactly.  I hate seeing the game get out of hand like that too.  At the same time, the Steelers have ALWAYS played like this. 

The Bengals finally stopped putting up with it.  The Steelers got punched in the mouth in the first game, cried, and didn't like it.  

The Steelers got the message that the Bengals aren't going to be punked by them.  And if anything it shows that the Steelers are less form and talent and more....asshole.

Kirkpatrick said before the game something about them being the village idiots and then promptly gets into it with Brown on the first play.

Whatever the Bengals were thinking when they were talking obviously didn't translate to the field for them.  Just stop.

That it's still continuing from the players today is pathetic.  Just shut the f*ck up already and focus on the 49er's.

53 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

They are just embracing the anger, just like you said you do Army. Whitworth had it right, threatening someone is serious enough that the NFL should be held accountable.

You don't threaten a guy like Burfict and expect him NOT to respond.

5 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Kirkpatrick said before the game something about them being the village idiots and then promptly gets into it with Brown on the first play.

Whatever the Bengals were thinking when they were talking obviously didn't translate to the field for them.  Just stop.

That it's still continuing from the players today is pathetic.  Just shut the f*ck up already and focus on the 49er's.

Antonio Brown slapped Kirkpatrick, then threw Green to the ground, out of bounds, then pushed him after he got up!

They were just embracing their anger in the heat of the moment!

Well, they suck at embracing the anger.

Them getting Burfict to respond is exactly what they wanted.  The Steelers might be assholes, but the Bengals play right into their nonsense the majority of the time.

It's exactly the reason why Marvin is always telling them to be pros.  Exactly why he said yesterday you win games with your pads, not your mouth.

9 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah, it's pretty bad.  I agree.

Though with the Kirkpatrick thing.  Antonio Brown walks up to him and punches him in the face.  Then keeps coming after him.

55 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Couldn't agree more. I said before the game keep your cool, and all game the bengals did not. They played right into the Steelers hand and acted like idiots. Keep your cool and let them act stupid. Worst part is it's still going on, players on Twitter are acting stupid! It gets really annoying to watch, and good teams know it's not worth it, it just cost the team 15 yards most of the time. Time to grow up

Agreed x 100.  It's just stupid.  They look like immature idiots when they engage in that stuff.  Some of them actually are immature idiots.  It didn't help either side, and ultimately you just lose the respect of your fans and your peers.

3 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Well, they suck at embracing the anger.

Them getting Burfict to respond is exactly what they wanted.  The Steelers might be assholes, but the Bengals play right into their nonsense the majority of the time.

It's exactly the reason why Marvin is always telling them to be pros.  Exactly why he said yesterday you win games with your pads, not your mouth.

We can agree to disagree. I'd like to see how many times it would take to slap you around and throw you to the ground before you came unglued.

Well, then the league needs to do a better job too.  Teams like the Steelers push things to the limits (Tomlin trying to trip a player returning a punt) and win at all costs.  So the league and refs need to be very specific about what you can and can't do and enforce it.  

Don't want people punching people in the face?  Stop flagging BOTH players when one is blatantly hitting someone first.  Make that an automatic ejection.  Same thing with Burfict when he went over the 50 to butt heads with the Steelers player.  

Just make that automatic ejections.  Because if you don't players and teams (Steelers) will push the limits like a little child. 

5 minutes ago, COB said:

Agreed x 100.  It's just stupid.  They look like immature idiots when they engage in that stuff.  Some of them actually are immature idiots.  It didn't help either side, and ultimately you just lose the respect of your fans and your peers.

The middle school kind of immature like drawing penises on the forums???  

2 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Well, then the league needs to do a better job too.  Teams like the Steelers push things to the limits (Tomlin trying to trip a player returning a punt) and win at all costs.  So the league and refs need to be very specific about what you can and can't do and enforce it.  

Don't want people punching people in the face?  Stop flagging BOTH players when one is blatantly hitting someone first.  Make that an automatic ejection.  Same thing with Burfict when he went over the 50 to butt heads with the Steelers player.  

Just make that automatic ejections.  Because if you don't players and teams (Steelers) will push the limits like a little child. 

Same thing with that Mitchell guy.  Purposefully spearing to injure Eifert.  He wasn't even trying to hide it.  That HAS to be an ejection.  If not, things like we saw Sunday will continue.

1 hour ago, gregcook68 said:

I'd like to see how many times it would take to slap you around and throw you to the ground before you came unglued.

As soon as I become an NFL player making millions upon millions of dollars to do nothing more than to be a pro and help my team win, i'll let you know.

Just now, ArmyBengal said:

As soon as I become an NFL player making millions upon millions of dollars to do nothing more than to be a pro and help my team win, i'll let you know.

I've got to side with Greg on this one.  It doesn't matter how much money or what you do for a living.  It's hard to walk away when someone is attacking you.  Is it impossible, especially in a sport scenario?  Of course it isn't.  The Bengals need work and I didn't like what I saw yesterday.  But it was better than watching them take it like they had for so many years.

Sometimes the only way to stop the bully is to punch the bully in the mouth.  

Sure it's hard to walk away when someone is attacking you but again, asking me what I would do in their situation is beside the point.  I'm not.

Those guys know that stuff is coming and should not only be expecting it, but what to do when in fact it happens.

Heading into the game everyone knew what was coming.  Fans, analysts, and the players who were taking part in the stupidity.

Playing into it once the game began was a mistake.  I don't give them the same pass I would if this happened to someone randomly.

I could be wrong and leave that out there, I just think both teams handled this about as poorly as could be.

7 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Sure it's hard to walk away when someone is attacking you but again, asking me what I would do in their situation is beside the point.  I'm not.

Those guys know that stuff is coming and should not only be expecting it, but what to do when in fact it happens.

Heading into the game everyone knew what was coming.  Fans, analysts, and the players who were taking part in the stupidity.

Playing into it once the game began was a mistake.  I don't give them the same pass I would if this happened to someone randomly.

I could be wrong and leave that out there, I just think both teams handled this about as poorly as could be.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. They are human just like you my angry friend, who also likes penis drawings.

I guarantee you if it had been Burfict making the physical threat online, not just Brown and Lewis would have come unglued, but the NFL would have had a conniption fit!