Broncos @ Bengals Game Thread

TJJackson

Funny we have two further first round CBs stashed on the roster.... And they barely play except for ST. But it's hard to run an NFL franchise....

I don't know, just seems like a big waste.

man up, King!

eat that crow!

I think you've misunderstood me. I want them playing, not being gunners on punts. Case in point tonight.

I want Denard out there, instead of Hall. I'd like Kirk out there instead of Newman.

Will Dennard and Kirk get beat here and there? Maybe. But maybe they go around building confidence and making plays, too.

I want them playing. A lot.

ah that tie

we make that fg, we are the 2nd seed and afc north champs right now

And this is with no Eifert, no Jones, virtually no Burfict, and several other guys who are not back to full, like Atkins and Lamur.

Winston looked really solid. Nice game against Ware and Miller, who are animals.

We do need more hands in the pass gme. Little and Sanu need to step up. Green will be limited with his arm bruised as it is. Also can't have Gresham doing so many fucking retarded extra efforts... I think he has a learning disability

I think we need to give Guenther credit for the last two weeks. Shutting Manzsqueal down, and now the Manning-bot. And with several subs in at key spots.

On to Pitt to take home the AFCN title.

great game, great performance, great result .... well worth the hangover that drinking til after 5:00am has given me cheers.gif

I left here early tonight because of all the game emotional hate on Andy!

He had a pick 6 INT, but the great Manning had one plus 3 other picks!

Fellas, Andy will probably never be a Peyton Manning, but he is who the Bengals have chosen. No amount of hate will change that.

I can understand why Cat got fed up!

I, myself said they needed to win on the big stage to go to the next level and they did that tonight, I would feel very confident if they can win Sunday night as well.

Manning has 4000+ yards and 37 TD's, a SB ring and a bunch of playoff wins. Dalton has 15 TD's and 15 turnovers and is 0-3 in the playoffs, averaged 5.6 ypc or something like that tonight and signed a $100m contract.

Are you that sensitive that you can't handle the fact he holds them back, unless Hue calls the right game and other guys step-up?

The focus should be on the defense and their ability overcome their QB's limitations and mistakes, not Dalton. A couple of nice throws a game doesn't change what Dalton is...a $100m QB should be playing better than he is, period.

Peyton Manning has almost finished his 17th year.

Andy Dalton has almost finished his 4th year.

First 4 year comparison, minus a game that Andy has yet to play in, plus the fourth year playoffs.

Peyton

Completion Percentage Yards TDs Ints

61% 16,026 111 81 Season Record - 32-32 Playoff Record - 0-2

Dalton

61.4% 14,368 95 63 Season Record - 40-22-1 Playoff Record - 0-4

Since I don't contribute to any NFL team or player by buying tickets for any games, and the fact that I don't have to pay them, I could care less how much ANY of them make.

That's an apples to apples comparison.

Any Questions??

People can argue about Dalton all day, everywhere you look people complain about him, there are times when I do as well. All that matters is he does enough to win. My thing is why the hell in prime time games does he always throws high balls? I don't see that during the day games, what is it about those games that his passes sail.

Ahh who cares they won there in the playoffs, now make it count this year!!!!!!!! WhoDey!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to say again this o-line played a hell of a game! Whit once again proved why he is a leader, and why he is still so good.

How about Eric Winston, what a game for him awesome job.

What I loved the last two weeks is seeing the o-line pulling all game, sometimes pulling 2 guys. Great job o-line

HOOSIER!!!!

ARMY!!!!!

MEM!!!!!!

SKYLINE!!!!!

KING!!!! (YOURE FORGIVEN!)

DIM!!!!

RB!!!!

WRAITH!!!!

WALRUS!!!!

GAP!!!!

EAR!!!!!

GET OVER HERE AND P A R T Y WITH US!!

BRITISH GUYS - YOU BRING THE BEER!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL, PUSHY, YOU AND CHRISSY PERRY CAN PARTY WITH US TOO

:) Sorry to leave you hanging, TJ. Believe me, I was with you in spirit. In the afterglow of this glorious win, I was busily hiding xmas gifts for the kiddos that were being wrapped during the game -- was almost inclined to leave them out and just tell them Santa came early this year... I know he did for us! :)

I would have been here (actually no, I hate game day threads) but I was down there with my son soaking wet, lost voice, and enjoying the win with the fans until MUCH later than I anticipated. I read each comment in this thread only to be reminded why I hate the game day threads SOOOOOO much.

This might be a little long winded (which I typically hate) but bear with me.

-Jeremy Hill, minus that fumble, is a f*cking barbarian !!

-Adam Jones and his play has been amazing this season. His return abilities are still elite.

-Hate the fact the other WR's "looked" like they weren't there, but they were. The downfield blocking was stellar and they simply made plays. Tate, Sanu, and Sanzenbacher each had a single reception. Each of those was also good for a first down. HUGE.

-Have to give credit to Gresham for coming through this time when they really seemed to focus on him.

-Complain about FG's all day, but they made them count and Nugent has been money since that OT snafu.

-How many sacks did the Bengals give up to one of the best defenses in the league ?? Oh yeah, that would be ZERO !!

-I have no idea why they didn't put the kickoff to start the second half through the endzone. I heard Nugent tweaked his hammy. Maybe that?

-I have heard and experienced in the Army that you can be cold OR wet, but you don't want to be both. Last night, I was never so happy to be both !!

-It was f*cking crazy loud last night. Everyone hear the WHODEY chant on TV ?? Don't know how you couldn't have.

-Credit has to be given for in game changes last night. When was the last time we saw them pull a veteran (Newman) and stick a young guy (Kirkpatrick) in the game ?? What an absolute blast of energy that was. Newman was getting abused and in steps Kirkpatrick, who was obviously prepared for his chance by the way, and made good on his shot. I think they go back to Newman Sunday night, but I loved seeing Kirkpatrick have a game like that and hope we see more.

-Now on to Dalton. I H-A-T-E, HATE the fact he throws the ball high the way he does. That opened AJ up trying to make a play and got him blasted. He also has been showing real problems in converting 3rd downs recently as they were 2-11 last night. He was however, able to pick up 8 first downs through the air, which was pretty balanced with 10 coming via the run. His stats weren't bad for the night and he didn't make any more costly mistakes. He was throwing balls away, which I prefer to seeing him force it. You can say he got lucky on some of his throws, but by that measure, Manning could have had 6 INT's instead of 4. Complain all you want about him, but he kept his composure and helped this team get the win last night. THAT was a huge improvement on his part in a big game.

WHO F*CKING DEY !!!

I would have been here (actually no, I hate game day threads) but I was down there with my son soaking wet, lost voice, and enjoying the win with the fans until MUCH later than I anticipated. I read each comment in this thread only to be reminded why I hate the game day threads SOOOOOO much.

This might be a little long winded (which I typically hate) but bear with me.

-Jeremy Hill, minus that fumble, is a f*cking barbarian !!

-Adam Jones and his play has been amazing this season. His return abilities are still elite.

-Hate the fact the other WR's "looked" like they weren't there, but they were. The downfield blocking was stellar and they simply made plays. Tate, Sanu, and Sanzenbacher each had a single reception. Each of those was also good for a first down. HUGE.

-Have to give credit to Gresham for coming through this time when they really seemed to focus on him.

-Complain about FG's all day, but they made them count and Nugent has been money since that OT snafu.

-How many sacks did the Bengals give up to one of the best defenses in the league ?? Oh yeah, that would be ZERO !!

-I have no idea why they didn't put the kickoff to start the second half through the endzone. I heard Nugent tweaked his hammy. Maybe that?

-I have heard and experienced in the Army that you can be cold OR wet, but you don't want to be both. Last night, I was never so happy to be both !!

-It was f*cking crazy loud last night. Everyone hear the WHODEY chant on TV ?? Don't know how you couldn't have.

-Credit has to be given for in game changes last night. When was the last time we saw them pull a veteran (Newman) and stick a young guy (Kirkpatrick) in the game ?? What an absolute blast of energy that was. Newman was getting abused and in steps Kirkpatrick, who was obviously prepared for his chance by the way, and made good on his shot. I think they go back to Newman Sunday night, but I loved seeing Kirkpatrick have a game like that and hope we see more.

-Now on to Dalton. I H-A-T-E, HATE the fact he throws the ball high the way he does. That opened AJ up trying to make a play and got him blasted. He also has been showing real problems in converting 3rd downs recently as they were 2-11 last night. He was however, able to pick up 8 first downs through the air, which was pretty balanced with 10 coming via the run. His stats weren't bad for the night and he didn't make any more costly mistakes. He was throwing balls away, which I prefer to seeing him force it. You can say he got lucky on some of his throws, but by that measure, Manning could have had 6 INT's instead of 4. Complain all you want about him, but he kept his composure and helped this team get the win last night. THAT was a huge improvement on his part in a big game.

WHO F*CKING DEY !!!

Wow! Great live game analysis Army.

Thanks for the taking the time to give us the live summary.

Being at the Bengals and Reds games is about the only thing I miss about Dayton.

We'll done!

I actually thought the game day thread was pretty calm last night lol. Sure after some bad plays guys get pissed but that's just normal.

I have Twitter and while guys seem happy, man they like to pick out every mistake! Who gives a crap it was a huge win on a big stage! Now it's time to get that playoff win I'm so ready for it!

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame anyone for being pissed off when plays go wrong, but it can go overboard with the "analysis" of which is mostly a guess. Wonder what contributed to pushing Hoosier over the edge ?? If I was in on the game day threads, I would end up leaving as well. Too much negativity, but two each their own.

I forgot to mention something else. ERIC F*CKING WINSTON. Yeah, he had a penalty last night, but he played amazingly with such short time here. PRO !!!

The whole team overcame adversity last night and just made it happen.

Ok, this kind of pisses me off: (like I said, there's always something to complain about)

Starting cornerback Terence Newman awoke with a terrible sickness Monday and tried to play through it with IVs and all sorts of medical efforts but it was too much.

So we have two young first round CB's sitting in reserve, but they think it's a better idea to shove Newman out into the starting spot ??

He's got a "terrible sickness" and is getting IV's and such ?? I think the coaches really f*cked up with that call.

Newman looked about as bad as i've ever seen him look.

I'm glad they finally made the move, but I don't agree with that call at all.

Back to Hill.

He's the third rookie in NFL history with four games of 140-plus rushing yards in a season.

Only Curtis Martin and Eric Dickerson had done that to this point.

I know they will probably over look it, but Hill has to be thought of in the talk of offensive rookie of the year.

What he's meant to a playoff team simply can't be understated.

Big props to Gio for being another huge pro in how he's handled Hill coming in and stealing his thunder.

He had a great game last night contributing a TD of his own.

What a great backfield !!

Yeah I am not sorry for being angry about immediate pick sixes or playing for field goals against Peyton Manning.

The defense, offensive line, and both running backs came up big. Dalton did okay in recovering from the huge screw up too.

Peyton threw a pick six and 2 other picks with the game on the line.

He threw a pick across his body against Baltimore in the playoffs of 2012 that gave them the game which led to a SB championship and he's a 17 year veteran!

Funny thing was about last night, as much as I like Gruden as an announcer there were a few passes Dalton threw that Gruden said that they were terrible decisions on Dalton's part, and they were, however I never heard that same statement from him about Manning's 4 picks!

As a matter of fact, on the pick 6 he was almost making excuses for him.

I'm not excusing Dalton's mistakes, they ate what they are, but it just seems like after a QB wins a SB, they get a pass from the media regardless of how bad they play, ala a E. Manning and Flacco.

Back to Hill.

He's the third rookie in NFL history with four games of 140-plus rushing yards in a season.

Only Curtis Martin and Eric Dickerson had done that to this point.

I know they will probably over look it, but Hill has to be thought of in the talk of offensive rookie of the year.

What he's meant to a playoff team simply can't be understated.

Big props to Gio for being another huge pro in how he's handled Hill coming in and stealing his thunder.

He had a great game last night contributing a TD of his own.

What a great backfield !!

I agree and probably the only guy who will win out over him, because of his season and the city he plays in, is Beckham from the Giants.

I went absolutely wild when Dre got that pick six with us only 2 points up and the legend himself driving with 2 plus minutes

I was jumping up and down like I was 5 again and my little league team had just won our division

I think I scared my kids for a few seconds!

A W E S O M E G A M E

Lol. You should see my son's 8 month old Beagle when he's around on game day!

Ok, this kind of pisses me off: (like I said, there's always something to complain about)

Starting cornerback Terence Newman awoke with a terrible sickness Monday and tried to play through it with IVs and all sorts of medical efforts but it was too much.

So we have two young first round CB's sitting in reserve, but they think it's a better idea to shove Newman out into the starting spot ??

He's got a "terrible sickness" and is getting IV's and such ?? I think the coaches really f*cked up with that call.

Newman looked about as bad as i've ever seen him look.

I'm glad they finally made the move, but I don't agree with that call at all.

It actually makes me feel better about what happened, honestly - I think Newman is a very good cornerback and knowing now that he was that sick, how poorly he played makes a lot more sense.

Speaking of players at less than 100% - I really, really hope Greens arm gets to feeling a lot better by Sunday night

I went absolutely wild when Dre got that pick six with us only 2 points up and the legend himself driving with 2 plus minutes

I was jumping up and down like I was 5 again and my little league team had just won our division

A W E S O M E G A M E

I had this Broncos fan sitting next to me the whole game being obnoxious as f*ck. I didn't say anything to him, but he kept turning to me and making little comments trying to get a rise out of me. I was yelling and cheering each play, but I wouldn't direct anything at him as he was doing. Then came this gem. I would like to say I was the better man and cheered among my group, but no.

I was jumping around like a clown, turned to him and (about a couple feet from his face) yelled WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the top of my lungs.

I followed that up with a couple of fist pump "BOOM"s and proceeded to high five anyone sitting within a seat or two from him.

I didn't touch him, curse at him, or anything of that nature, but let him have it back.

When he left, he simply said, "well played, you got me". I gave him a "Merry Christmas" and he was on his way, tail tucked firmly.

Scared the kids ?? Nice !!

HOOSIER!!!!

ARMY!!!!!

MEM!!!!!!

SKYLINE!!!!!

KING!!!! (YOURE FORGIVEN!)

DIM!!!!

RB!!!!

WRAITH!!!!

WALRUS!!!!

GAP!!!!

EAR!!!!!

GET OVER HERE AND P A R T Y WITH US!!

BRITISH GUYS - YOU BRING THE BEER!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL, PUSHY, YOU AND CHRISSY PERRY CAN PARTY WITH US TOO

Man, what a game. We were watching the game at a fundraiser last night, in a micro-brewery full of Broncos fans. Seeing as the Broncos are my second favorite team, this was a hard game to watch. I certainly wanted the Bengals to win more, because they needed it more. But it was hard to root against Denver. So for the most part I kept quiet regardless of what was happening. My wife on the other hand was cheering for everything... :)

A W E S O M E G A M E

I had this Broncos fan sitting next to me the whole game being obnoxious as f*ck. I didn't say anything to him, but he kept turning to me and making little comments trying to get a rise out of me. I was yelling and cheering each play, but I wouldn't direct anything at him as he was doing. Then came this gem. I would like to say I was the better man and cheered among my group, but no.

I was jumping around like a clown, turned to him and (about a couple feet from his face) yelled WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the top of my lungs.

I followed that up with a couple of fist pump "BOOM"s and proceeded to high five anyone sitting within a seat or two from him.

I didn't touch him, curse at him, or anything of that nature, but let him have it back.

When he left, he simply said, "well played, you got me". I gave him a "Merry Christmas" and he was on his way, tail tucked firmly.

Scared the kids ?? Nice !!

Love it! Glad you were there!

The British guys still have not shown up with the beer

I knew I should have counted on the Scots instead. I knew it ! :-)

Hoots mon - i still have a blood alcohol level of about 40% .....in the shit with the mrs all day cos my screaming and cheering kept waking her up through the night/game. Oh, and the fact that her eldest boy (a Saints fan) stayed up and watched the game with me ..... and got very drunk alsotongue.gif

walking on air today .... far too much alcohol and lack of sleep but you know what? This has been a great Tuesday thumbsup3.gif

Yeah, the voice is shot and i'm doing training today at work.

People asked why I didn't take the day off knowing I was going to be at the game and I simply said, "why" ??

They just need to make sure they listen closely because my voice sounds like I gargled with sandpaper and nails.

That's just how I get down. :lol: