Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the reason, they are done for 2014

I don't agree. The next three are at home and two of them are against teams that can lose any game they play in. The Bengals can still get healthy and turn it around without it being any sort of miracle.

To be fair, the Bengals have dealt with injuries of a severity (both in terms of quantity and importance of players) not typically experienced by any team -- they're part of the game, and this year they're a bigger part of Cincy's game than most other teams' games.

It feels like a shitty excuse, but feelings are meaningless. I don't think the injuries are the only issue; this team was emotionless today. I do think they're significant though, and that the Bengals would be a better team with their intended roster on the field.

Aside from Atkins recovering and missing a rotation guy like Thompson, this team has had their full defense on the field. They've been gashed repeatedly. Even in the games they've won.

What would be a shame is if the injury excuse masked moves that sorely need to be made. Especially on the D-line and at LB.

I don't agree. The next three are at home and two of them are against teams that can lose any game they play in. The Bengals can still get healthy and turn it around without it being any sort of miracle.

Until the defense can show that they can remotely stop the run and pressure the QB, they are done.

The coaching staff makes no fing sense at all. The game is over, less than 2 minutes to go and they leave Dalton in. We have three time outs and we use none so it was apparent that we weren't trying to score. So why leave him in and risk another injury? This season was over last week and we settled for a tie!!

Until the defense can show that they can remotely stop the run and pressure the QB, they are done.

I think they showed both of those things today until about the 42nd three-and-out. Eventually they got gassed and probably quit outright.

I think they showed both of those things today until about the 42nd three-and-out. Eventually they got gassed and probably quit outright.

No they can't stop the run they have not all year. There the worst at doing it and it has showed all year so far.

They gave up over 500 yards today. They've been gashed in every game minus Tennessee and Atlanta who have a combined 3 wins. This defense is severely flawed regardless of whether AJ Green is on the field or not.

I understand why y'all feel the way you do, so I won't spend a great deal of energy speaking to the contrary. It's hard to feel any positivity about a team that just got shut out.

But I don't think the season is over. Not yet.

Of course it's not over and of course we're all still fans. The biggest problem I have with the injury excuse is that it's so, so, so easy to use in football for manipulating what is a realistic picture. I hope that if this season tanks, which I think anything less than the playoffs is...that the FO can objectively look at moves that need to be made. Simply, so this doesn't happen again next season.

I like Peko. I like Hall. But they are not starters. I could go on and on for some of the other dead weight.

But if this team gets gashed AGAIN next week...with healthy players, then what?

They put up 37 without AJ last week, what's the excuse this week? (And they even got Zeitler back)

The defense just got worn out today, because of the offense (or lack thereof). And with no Burfict, this team is in real trouble defensively, they got nothing at LB. Time to throw in the kid from Alabama on the PS next week.

Hard to hide all of the weaknesses this team has up the middle when a couple of stars are out (C, S, LB).

nbvgfcgxdz

Stats and final scores show one thing. Watching the game and seeing how they are playing is another. The defense consistently has gotten pushed back and beaten and the point of attack all season. That is troublesome. Getting the walking concussion in the game and Atkins knee up to speed will only help so much.

Heck, Giggles just said it himself in the post game. This team played on it's heels. The mental aspect of being defeated is not helping what is already a really flawed team.

Last year this team had injuries Vinny Rey comes in and looks good, this year he sucks. I don't get it, I can't believe one guy (Burfict) goes out and the whole team falls apart, if that's the fact then that's just horrible. I don't know maybe they miss Zim more then we know. Is there even a leader on this team?

As far as the offense goes how do they go from looking like last week to looking like crap today. Same o-line which looked like crap, Dalton had no time and looked like crap, WR drop the ball, can't run the ball. What an embarrassing team performance again.

Dalton said that was a wake up call........um shouldn't that have been 2 weeks ago? Guess they have not woken up yet.

Oh, ok. I guess they've just been to relaxed the last few weeks. Next week they'll turn it on because they've woken up.

Whatever. Put your money where your mouth is.

My question is what happened to the run game? All of a sudden they got nothing. First 3 games they won because the run game and screen game, masked a horrible bengals defense. They were holding on to the ball keeping there defense fresh and keeping the other offense on the sideline. Now they can't run the ball, they don't run the ball, we are seeing how bad the defense truly is.

I think it show with this team, if you want to win you better run the ball and keep the defense off the field.

Dude, Peko comes to play every game and is never hurt nor does he take any plays off!!

I understand why y'all feel the way you do, so I won't spend a great deal of energy speaking to the contrary. It's hard to feel any positivity about a team that just got shut out.

But I don't think the season is over. Not yet.

Of course it's not over and of course we're all still fans. The biggest problem I have with the injury excuse is that it's so, so, so easy to use in football for manipulating what is a realistic picture. I hope that if this season tanks, which I think anything less than the playoffs is...that the FO can objectively look at moves that need to be made. Simply, so this doesn't happen again next season.

I like Peko. I like Hall. But they are not starters. I could go on and on for some of the other dead weight.

But if this team gets gashed AGAIN next week...with healthy players, then what?