Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

HoosierCat

So, absolutely destroyed so far by NE and the Colts, meanwhile the team they "tied" last week, are being completely obliterated by Green Bay.

This is not a playoff team, nor a good team at this point, they'll get better, but they can't compete with the post season caliber teams on a consistent basis still. Getting Green or Burfict or Hall or Eifert back won't change that. And on that note, they seem incredibly soft as a team, if not reckless and out of control and mis-managed.

I swear we are just going to go into a long wait until Marvin and Dalton are disposed of, before they change anything.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a fun start of the season with so much promise looks like it is going to end with this team at home at the end of the year.

This is Baltimore's year.

I'll be in shock if the Bengals finish better than 8-7-1. I hope they don't make the playoffs with that record, either. This team needs a big fat continued wake up call so some movement can be made for the future.

Dead weight everywhere.

I can't recall such an abysmal effort in recent memory. I went to run errands when the play balance was 10 passes to 2 runs. That's all I needed to see to know it was time to hit Home Depot and the Grocery store.

No Burfict, no Lamur, no Green, no Eifert, ... Hall has no chance to regain his previous abilities. Dennard needs to take over and get lots of snaps now.

Andre Smith is a huge, undisciplined blob of whale blubber.

Dalton looks like a joke.

Injuries happen to every team. This team can't tackle, makes mistakes, and looks generally soft.

That has nothing to do with injuries.

Yep I agree the injuries suck, but they were not that great before most of them happened. I think the bengals have been exposed and have no answer for it.

Injuries impacting the 2014 Bengals

Geno

Burfict

Hall

Thompson

Eifert

Alex Smith

M Jones

Green

Boling

Zeitler

Pollak

Burkhead

Porter

Schaffer

I'll stand by by my statement about injuries decimating this team. Count the starters. I think we're playing a lot better if those guys arent out injured or still recovering (like Geno and Hall are)

Injuries impacting the 2014 Bengals

Geno

Burfict

Hall

Thompson

Eifert

Alex Smith

M Jones

Green

Boling

Zeitler

Pollak

Burkhead

Porter

Schaffer

I'll stand by by my statement about injuries decimating this team. Count the starters. I think we're playing a lot better if those guys arent out injured or still recovering (like Geno and Hall are)

I'll stand by the fact that injuries are a part of the game.

To be fair, the Bengals have dealt with injuries of a severity (both in terms of quantity and importance of players) not typically experienced by any team -- they're part of the game, and this year they're a bigger part of Cincy's game than most other teams' games.

It feels like a shitty excuse, but feelings are meaningless. I don't think the injuries are the only issue; this team was emotionless today. I do think they're significant though, and that the Bengals would be a better team with their intended roster on the field.