OTAs

HoosierCat

CJ news and twitter roundup:

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/5/27/5755084/tweets-and-pictures-from-cincinnati-bengals-otas

Not there but also found on twitter:

-- no Gresham today

-- Gio running with ones, Hill twos, Gree Ellis threes

-- Gio fielding punts

-- Dennard there

-- no news on Dalton contract talks, still going on, hopeful, bla blah blah

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCarron can't throw, "tightness" cited. Dude, get your shoulder worked to where it should be and be ready for OTAs. You're a backup QB, they need you to heave it at all these practice type things to get reps for thr receivers/system.

Seriously, got yourself drafted, get to work. I see him all over twitter at Reds games, etc. Get into the trainer's room and get electrical stimulation or whatever the hell they do. I am starting to wonder about that precipitous fall in draft status and this shoulder. Bright side to this whole thing - if he flames out, I'll go down there and steal KWebb away with little effort.

Well remember, Mr. Miss Alabama was talking just a couple weeks back about how he was always hurt in college and that's why he wasn't even more teh awesome then. Now he misses his first pro practice due to an injury. Good thing James Harrison is gone. If he just looked at AJ, McCarron would probably shatter into bits.

Couple more nuggets in Hobs' write-up. Devon Still didn't practice. He went back in after warm ups with Geno and Leon. Sounds like his back is still an issue.

Also some interesting comments from Green about Hue:

“He’s always in your face. There’s always something you could be working on. That’s the biggest thing with him with me. He’s always on me,’ Green said. “It doesn’t matter what I’m doing right. He’s always going to be in my face and I like that kind of stuff. I love a guy that’s going to push me to that next level.”

Green says he been challenged like this before, but not since Summerville.

“My high school coach that used to challenge the mess out of me. I feel like Hue and him are the same guy,” Green said. “It doesn’t matter what I do, the kind of catches I make. That’s my job. He always told me that’s my job. To catch the ball. No matter how great a catch it was.”

Translation: Gruden let his guys get soft. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dan Snyder.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Green-likes-coaching-challenge-Whitworth-on-guard-again-as-Pollak-rests/2f5b8b74-05a6-464b-a606-9026a95f7848

-- Gio running with ones, Hill twos, Gree Ellis threes

That didn't take long

-- Gio fielding punts

this gives me a boner,a explosive player doing returns? what is this madness.

McCarron.... that's lame. WTF has he been doing to get ready?

Hey his girlfriend isn't gonna bang her self.

Seriously, got yourself drafted, get to work. I see him all over twitter at Reds games, etc. Get into the trainer's room and get electrical stimulation

On the Brightside he isn't hanging out with Gronk making it rain on some strippers.

Couple more nuggets in Hobs' write-up. Devon Still didn't practice. He went back in after warm ups with Geno and Leon. Sounds like his back is still an issue.

Also some interesting comments from Green about Hue:

“He’s always in your face. There’s always something you could be working on. That’s the biggest thing with him with me. He’s always on me,’ Green said. “It doesn’t matter what I’m doing right. He’s always going to be in my face and I like that kind of stuff. I love a guy that’s going to push me to that next level.”

Green says he been challenged like this before, but not since Summerville.

“My high school coach that used to challenge the mess out of me. I feel like Hue and him are the same guy,” Green said. “It doesn’t matter what I do, the kind of catches I make. That’s my job. He always told me that’s my job. To catch the ball. No matter how great a catch it was.”

Translation: Gruden let his guys get soft. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dan Snyder.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Green-likes-coaching-challenge-Whitworth-on-guard-again-as-Pollak-rests/2f5b8b74-05a6-464b-a606-9026a95f7848

Of course Guden let his guys get soft. Recall the Hard Knocks where he proclaims to Harrison not to touch the merchandise? coddled.

Good luck with RG3 and MeSean Jackson, Jon... you'll need it.

How is Devon Still "hurting"? now its his back? it was his elbow during the Fall, right? does not bode well for a guy who plays in the trenches.

I get a feeling BJGE ends up on the final cut list.

They have Peerman and Burkhead who can play ST. They ae a need for a true FB. No need to carry 6 RBs. 5 at the most.

Gio

Hill

Peerman

Burkhead

BJGE on the outs.

Hewitt or Orson Charles as an HB/TE.

Plus a guy like Wilder on PS.

How is Devon Still "hurting"? now its his back? it was his elbow during the Fall, right? does not bode well for a guy who plays in the trenches.

According to the rumor mill last year Still has some chronic back issue. No, doesn't bode well.

BJGE's release would equal 2.5 million in cap savings for the Bengals if released prior to June 1st.

Kerching ! Kerching ! Kerching !

(Dalton's agent looks up and sniffs the air ......aahhhhh more money in the pot)

Gresham's absence due to a "physical issue."

They might resign TE Alex Smith.

That doesn't sound at all good.

On the other hand there will be less penalties against the O

Hobs adds about Gresham that there's no expectation he will miss a "big chunk" of training camp...leaving open the possibility he could miss some. So no, while it doesn't sound terrible, it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Hobs adds about Gresham that there's no expectation he will miss a "big chunk" of training camp...leaving open the possibility he could miss some. So no, while it doesn't sound terrible, it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

didn't realize this was posted here. posted the same stuff in the 2014 thread. maybe someone can delete that last one over there? redundant.

Newhouse at LT

....and the regret at letting Anthony Collins go to Tampa just gets that much deeper

Newhouse at LT

....and the regret at letting Anthony Collins go to Tampa just gets that much deeper

I would tend to agree, but lets see what he can do beside Whit. He may be OK if he doesn't have to cover for a bad LG beside him. Don't know his previous situation.