Bengals @ Dolphins Game Thread

HoosierCat

Embarrassing, pathetic, costly loss. Every loss this year is on Dalton, who has been utterly terrible in all of them, not a playoff caliber QB yet....year 3.

okay

non-playoff caliber QB who's on course to never miss the playoffs in three tries

don't you ever get tired of making the same posts over and over and over and over and over

Vince Young or Ryan Fitzpatrick could take this team to the playoffs and lose. 13 Turnovers already and 16 TD's...and all but one win were very close games. I just don't get the need to ride his junk when it's obvious the 1st round offensive talent and defense are the reason they win games, they need to "not lose because of him" and nothing else, he doesn't seem very bright frankly.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the beginning of year if you would have told me we would go 3-1 against the east I'd have taken it and run

You and me both. Right now they are in the tail end of a 5-game stretch in which they play 4 on the road and they are 3-1 with one game at Baltimore to go. I was happy with 3-2 a they can still beat that.

The two games that matter are the two against the Ravens. 10 days starts now.

just read bengals feat its a torn acl for Atkins

source was mike silver on twitter

much worse than the loss. i've not drank an alcoholic beverage in seven years.

off to the liquor store

Much worse fae me Ladiie is that i'll no tek a dram again until they feckin' make the play-offs .... which could be 7 years or mere !!

How can this be Andy's fault AG Sanu huge drops D walking wounded short week come on people

Miami played on the same rest and were missing their entire 0-line practically, and had lost 4 in a row.

Tannehill was the better QB tonight, much more poised under pressure and made big throws when it counted, didn't turn it over like Dalton.

Simple as that.

We need Dalton to be Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson...not Boomer Esiason. Guy is an egg head.

Rum fuk fuk geno done for season :/ f**kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Eh, just a cursed franchise - I'm out - apologize for Dalton ranting - but I meant every bit of it!! :)

(they can win without Geno, they need to play smart ball, and will be fine, but I have serious doubts Dalton's ability to be more than what he is now - inconsistent and unable to handle pressure).

tonights performance was s**te-pure and simple! A chance to really atke the division and we blew it, a lose @ Baltimore and it's all thrown open .... Grrrr Shiiiit Grrrrrr Oh god i s**t m' kilt AGAIN !!!!

Embarrassing, pathetic, costly loss. Every loss this year is on Dalton, who has been utterly terrible in all of them, not a playoff caliber QB yet....year 3.

o

non-playoff caliber QB who's on course to never miss the playoffs in three tries

don't you ever get tired of making the same posts over and over and over and over and over

Vince Young or Ryan Fitzpatrick could take this team to the playoffs and lose. 13 Turnovers already and 16 TD's...and all but one win were very close games. I just don't get the need to ride his junk when it's obvious the 1st round offensive talent and defense are the reason they win games, they need to "not lose because of him" and nothing else, he doesn't seem very bright frankly.

So Shula where we're you last three weeks it seems like you only show up when dalton has a rough game.people have bad games it happens though I think numbers we're misleading his 3 ints could been prevented if receivers had made better plays themselves. Still question mark if dalton is our franchise QB but in last three years what better option did we have at Qb???ponder?locker???

What an awful game. Play calling was poor, execution was even worse. Offence was sloppy at best with stupid penalties and costly picks . Massive injuries killing us again. Was a great comeback from 17-3 down but to then throw it away like that is unforgivable for a team looking to go to the next level. Miami did absolutely nothing offensively in the second half apart from the last 2 minutes to tie it up, and thats all they needed to do. They'd used all their timeouts and still managed to march down the field to tie it up. Think we're in for a rough ride without geno, hall and even maualuga :(/>

Well that was absolutely horrible. The kind of game that I thought the 2013 team had left behind.

With the injuries suffered and the manner of the loss I think it's fair to say that the wheels are well and truly coming of this team now and a 2-3 game skid is probably inevitable.

We need to get some bodies in fast or a season that promised so much is going to be pissed away over the next few weeks.

Way to many injuries on this team now! Not to mention we go back to being in consistant, we have talked about it all week. Bengals made people start believing again, earned there trust, and they out on a game like that.

They had this game won a couple of times, and couldn't find a way to win. Way to many drops, Andy not putting the ball in good places on his 2 ints, huge injuries, defense couldn't find a way to make a stop at the end to win! Feels like I came back down to reality last night! I hope I'm wrong, but theses were the games, I thought were over. I felt we were playing a playoff game against Houston.

Really now, I don't think it's that big a deal to lose a game in overtime as a Thursday Night road team. Have y'all seen the win percentage for road teams in these games? I don't think this is some significant indicator of the team failing to live up to itself or anything terribly dramatic.

I'm okay with the game. I'm not okay with Geno.

Really now, I don't think it's that big a deal to lose a game in overtime as a Thursday Night road team.

It's not so much the loss but the manner of the loss that is getting me, and maybe other folk, wound up. Miami were not - the Bengals were worse. Cincy didn't play well and yet managed to take it to overtime only to shoot themselves in the foot.

A 34-0 thrashing by a good side would've been easier to swallow than lose a narrow bum-squeaker against a not very good team.

We have Baltimore next up and another loss there will have us all wondering if we can take the division, make the play-offs, and do something in a post-season game. Right now we should be 9-0 but we're 6-3 and looking shakey.

Well, it was a game I wanted them to win but it doesn't kill them to lose.

Seriously.

On one hand, I don't like how poor they looked in the process of losing.

On the other, there were many chances for them to win that game regardless of how poorly they played.

The only thing I take away from that game is Geno being gone for the year.

Nothing else really matters. Not the loss of the game, not the dropped passes, not the INT's.

Geno.

Hope they can keep it together.

Looked like a trap

Smelled like a trap

Darned if it wasn't a trap

ah well

Agreed that the very worse thing by far is the loss of Geno

I agree the loss of Geno is the big takeaway. The loss of the game sucks, but they weren't going 14-2.

But I disagree this was a trap game. The Bengals didn't look unprepared or overconfident. They didn't look like they were looking past Miami or didn't take them seriously. No, they looked like a tired, banged-up squad that fell just short of pulling off their third road win in four games.

Of all their losses, this is the one that concerns me the least. Again excepting Geno, we didn't see anything last night that won't be vastly improved by 10 days' rest.

It was a full team loss. Don't pin this one solely on Dalton. We know his mistakes, so no need to rehash them. Keys to the game beyond that:

*The dropped passes were killers. Absolute killers.

*The decision to throw deep on 3rd and 4 in regulation (or was it overtime...or both?) when all you need is to kill the clock, kick a field goal and you're already on the correct side of the 50? Stupid. Don't know if that's what Gruden wanted or just Andy taking a shot. Either way, I hate it. Sure, Nugent made the field goal, but then look what happened afterwards. Get a first down with a short 5 yard pass, kill the clock, and game over.

*Even with that, the defense had a chance to stop them in regulation and didn't get the job done.

*The o-line slipped considerably in pass protection.

And yeah...the injuries are just miserable. They've taken my expectations from a possible Super Bowl appearance to we'll be lucky to win one game in the playoffs. The offense will have to really catch fire to get anywhere.

The good news is that all of the mistakes we saw on the offensive side of the ball last night are very fixable and the loss doesn't really hurt our playoff chances all that much. Time to get some much needed rest and kick some AFC north tail.

The play of the o-line was the worst I have seen from them in forever.

Seriously, I can't remember a time when it appeared that everyone on the o-line was sleeping for an entire game.

They were miserable.

Dalton was miserable.

The drops were miserable.

The defense was miserable.

The playcalling was miserable.

Geno hurt is deflatingly miserable.

Boy I wish they could have held them at the end of regulation.

That really hurt.

Seriously, I can't remember a time when it appeared that everyone on the o-line was sleeping for an entire game.

They were miserable.

Dalton was miserable.

That really hurt.

Just let Nugent kick the freakin ball. He's won two other games quite recently, confidence is high. Go for it. Make it and you escape an ugly road game on a short week with a win. Head home and lick your wounds....nope, punt and out your depleted D to hold once again, but it was one possession too much for the offense, which clearly couldn't handle Wake. Game set match, safety. Over.

Big Marvin mistake, IMHO. Kick the FG.

Dalton sacked 5 times, pressured 19 times, yea I think there's your problem with the offense last night. The other weeks, Dalton could stand in there make his reads, and throw a strike. Last night he stared down receivers, I'm guessing because he didnt have time to go through his reads.

It's easy to blame Dalton, and while he really wasn't good, ill blame the o-line last night. Dalton needs time, otherwise he is not very good.

They were miserable.

Dalton was miserable.

That really hurt.

Just let Nugent kick the freakin ball.

I was thinking the same thing. It would have been a 56 or 57 yarder I think.

I know the field position game, but hell, Nugent has been killing them and his 54 yarder would have been good from 60.

Such is life.

How can this be Andy's fault AG Sanu huge drops D walking wounded short week come on people

Miami played on the same rest and were missing their entire 0-line practically, and had lost 4 in a row.

Tannehill was the better QB tonight, much more poised under pressure and made big throws when it counted, didn't turn it over like Dalton.

Simple as that.

We need Dalton to be Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson...not Boomer Esiason. Guy is an egg head.

What's up with the Dalton fixation? You lurk, and only pop up when Dalton isn't playing elite ball (like he had the last 3 weeks).

Tannehill was not the better QB. He locked onto receivers, went 3-14 on 3rd down and generally looked below average. Dalton's pick, while unfortunate, were not wholly his fault. And add he had a 50yard TD wiped from the Gresham holding. And I'm not even a Dalton kook-aid drinker! That's just football.

Big difference was in the Oline play, Wake made a mess of them, specifically Smith.

Our D is showing chinks due to injuries but this team had the lead with 20-30 seconds to play. Not the end of the world, of course.

Now, stop only showing up to beat Dalton about his red freckled face, neck chest and head. It's makes you look cheap and petty. Talk the whole of the team, since it is. Cincinnati Bengals, not Cincinnati Daltons.

*The dropped passes were killers. Absolute killers.

FWIW officially our wideouts and TEs dropped 5 balls last night, most by the Bengals in a single game since 2007.

And yeah...the injuries are just miserable. They've taken my expectations from a possible Super Bowl appearance to we'll be lucky to win one game in the playoffs.

Yeah, they really hit a wall with the loss of Geno. It sounds like Whit is iffy for Baltimore, too, and Rey M. is probably still out. At least it looks like Gio is OK.