Gresham/Hernandez Thread

membengal

And the scrubbing continues, this time at the University of Florida:

/>http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22887577/photo-florida-removes-aaron-hernandez-allamerican-brick

Y'know, all this makes me feel, well...not sorry for Hernanadez, because I refuse to feel sorry for a serial killer...but certainly I'm not feeling any sympathy for Florida or the NFL or the Pats. Everyone knew what they were getting with this guy, and it sounds like coaches and organizations have made excuses for him and covered stuff up for a long, long time. And now they're all scrambling away protesting that they were "duped" and were pure as the driven snow and OMG we can't let this guy's name or picture or even his stats as a player on nfl.com be spoken or seen again. Hey a**holes, you helped create this guy. You enabled him and made excuses for him and handed him massive wads of cash and turned a blind eye whenever he went off the reservation. That's not to excuse Hernandez by any stretch of the imagination but this effort to erase Hernandez from history only guarantees one thing.

That this will happen again.

"There's the door."

-- Bengals owner Mike Brown, 7/25/11

Happy anniversary BTW. :lol:/>

"Carson Palmer's visit to Paul Brown Stadium in late July was reportedly to ask for a trade in person.

Palmer was in Cincinnati as soon as the lockout ended on July 25. According to Dennis Janson of WCPO-TV Channel 9 in Cincinnati, Bengals owner Mike Brown predictably responded with a sentiment along the lines of "There's the door."

I don't feel sorry for any of these jackasses either.

What I find God awful irritating is how they bash the hell out of Urban Meyer and are now giving Belichik a pass due to how he handled his press conference yesterday. Since he said they were shocked and felt betrayed by the situation, the Pats get the pass. Since Meyer hasn't addressed it in the least, he's the antichrist.

While i'm not giving either a pass, I simply find the media reaction to this laughable at best.

They are all full of sh*t. They all knew the person he was and many team (including the Bengals) passed on him.

"There's the door."

-- Bengals owner Mike Brown, 7/25/11

Happy anniversary BTW. :lol:/>/>

"Carson Palmer's visit to Paul Brown Stadium in late July was reportedly to ask for a trade in person.

Palmer was in Cincinnati as soon as the lockout ended on July 25. According to Dennis Janson of WCPO-TV Channel 9 in Cincinnati, Bengals owner Mike Brown predictably responded with a sentiment along the lines of "There's the door."

Heh. Nice catch.

Funny how things turn. Here we are talking about how the Pats, supposedly the class of the NFL, got burned by ignoring character. Meanwhile, in Cincy, after nearly two decades Mike Brown finally quits drafting jerks and forcing players who don't want to be here to stay -- and suddenly the downtrodden Bengals are a favorite to make the postseason for the third straight year.

Contra Katie, it's not all that hard.

And I got the impression gresh laid low by not wanting to be introduced , frankly. There's a really interesting article on his owning up to the Houston debacle by Carlos Holmes worth reading. Frankly, reading that I am happy with his current mental state.

That was a great article by Big C. Gresham came right out and said I cost my team that playoff game, and now I'm doing everything to get better and things will be different this year. Just reading that article, I've gone from a critic of Gresham, to now being a huge fan. I'm rooting for him.

The early word on Eifert is very, very encouraging as well. He has been as advertised as a receiver and they have split him out wide a lot. And his blocking appears to be at least adequate. Apparently Charles' snaps have been more limited but he had a few catches coming out of the backfield as a fullback. He seems to be at least holding his own there, though yesterday it was John Conner stealing the scene by terminating Margus Hunt in run blocking. If Charles can't find a home here this year I would hate to see him end up in Baltimore.

Funny he was catching passes from the Juggs machine, because I was going to say the only thing he needs to be doing is exactly that.

I like that he took the responsibility on his shoulders. Why ?? Because he's right. The game plan was centered around him and he crumbled.

Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting for him this year, but while reading that article, it reminded me of how angry I was with him in that game.

Here's to him and Eifert having a stellar season running the 2 TE sets.

:cheers:

Funny he was catching passes from the Juggs machine, because I was going to say the only thing he needs to be doing is exactly that.

I like that he took the responsibility on his shoulders. Why ?? Because he's right. The game plan was centered around him and he crumbled.

Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting for him this year, but while reading that article, it reminded me of how angry I was with him in that game.

:cheers:/>

Considering what the Patriots and Ravens are going through right now, we have an embarrassment of riches going on at TE

The early word on Eifert is very, very encouraging as well. He has been as advertised as a receiver and they have split him out wide a lot. And his blocking appears to be at least adequate.

I haven't read much about his blocking. I think that's what he needs to be working on and it's what will determine whether he's a star or just a 3rd down guy

:cheers:/>/>/>

Considering what the Patriots and Ravens are going through right now, we have an embarrassment of riches going on at TE

Indeed we do. I'm not complaining about it in the least.

I think if Orson Charles doesn't make the team, he will land at either of those two places and do quite well.

What I feel a little in the dark about is what they really want from their FB.

If they want more of an H-Back kind of guy, I see Charles sticking around.

If they want the true hard nosed FB, I don't think Orson beats either Pressley or Connor.

Maybe he sticks at TE and someone else goes.

I've been a fan of Connor since he was blowing people up at Kentucky.

Not that i'm a UK fan, just a fan of his style of play.

Hard not to like that.

The early word on Eifert is very, very encouraging as well. He has been as advertised as a receiver and they have split him out wide a lot. And his blocking appears to be at least adequate.

I haven't read much about his blocking. I think that's what he needs to be working on and it's what will determine whether he's a star or just a 3rd down guy

This from yesterday. Coaches don't appear concerned.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130727/SPT02/307270075/Eifert-can-catch-but-can-he-block-

I don't see why Charles wouldn't make the team. He's shown his versatility as a FB or a TE. If they are indeed going to be using more and more 2 TE sets, it'd be nuts to cut him. If they really do cut him then they'd best do a trade and get something back. That position is too much in demand right now