Bengals and Chad Johnson

I’m kidding we’re not signing Chad. Chad Johnson is wanting to make a comeback and play some more in the NFL. Who wants him? I loved what Chad did for us, but have no desire to see him back in Cincinnati. I do however wish him the best of luck and do hope that another team gives him a chance. Not sure that that will ever happen though…

His obvious baggage aside, I don't think he is even capable of being productive anymore. There is essentially no reason for any team to sign him at all. Having a lost a step with age, he is completely useless now. He isn't physical or imposing enough to last as long as Owens or Moss did/have.

He ruined his own carrer, when he decided to change his name, and start putting many other things ahead of football. I loved Chad when his last name was Johnson, and he cared that much about his game of football, where he slept at the stadium, and wanted to learn and be the best.Seems like a LONG time ago now, but it sucks that he let so much of nothing get in his way of being the best.

Have you guys seen the court video? I just saw it this morning and I must say that after seeing it, I lean towards Chad's side of this story.

In it Chad slowly and gently pats his attorney on the rear. Throughout it all Chad never breaks into a smile and is what I would describe as subdued. I think we all pictured a jubilant Chad like after a TD. He did not appear to be taking this court proceeding lightly at all. He was serious the whole time. I think this judge had it in for Chad. I really do

Agreed, Sea Ray. Obviously the video didn't show the entire day in court, so maybe his conduct was poor prior to that incident and she simply reached her breaking point. If his only offense was that slap on the butt, then he did literally nothing wrong.

Yeah, the whole "butt pat" thing was pretty understated. But it got the rest of the courtroom giggling and that clearly set her off. I agree with searay, it sure looks like she was looking for any excuse to bring down the hammer.

Chad needs another counseling session with his big brother and mentor, Ray Lewis. Just like Marvin explained the banking system to Chad on Hard Knocks, Ray can explain the American judicial system to Chad.

Ray was a co-conspirator on a double homicide, walked out free. Chad goes to jail for 30 days for goofing around.

Chad: "Please, Surrogate Father Figure, explain why I'm in jail when my lawyer said I was going to skate even though I didn't contact my probation officer for 3 months."

Ray: "There was blood everwhere! Good God Almighty, we stabbed 'em, we stabbed 'em so good! Praise Jesus! Blood on my suit, in my SUV, I was washed in the blood! Walked out of that courtroom like I owned that f**king place! Yes!"

Chad: "Uh..."

Ray: "Whooo! Raven's stadium entrance dance! Praise Jesus!" (begins to do retarded chest pounding stadium intro dance that everyone in Baltimore is totally sick of seeing) "WHOOOOO!!!!"

Chad: "ok."

Chad needs another counseling session with his big brother and mentor, Ray Lewis. Just like Marvin explained the banking system to Chad on Hard Knocks, Ray can explain the American judicial system to Chad.

Ray was a co-conspirator on a double homicide, walked out free. Chad goes to jail for 30 days for goofing around.

Chad: "Please, Surrogate Father Figure, explain why I'm in jail when my lawyer said I was going to skate even though I didn't contact my probation officer for 3 months."

Ray: "There was blood everwhere! Good God Almighty, we stabbed 'em, we stabbed 'em so good! Praise Jesus! Blood on my suit, in my SUV, I was washed in the blood! Walked out of that courtroom like I owned that f**king place! Yes!"

Chad: "Uh..."

Ray: "Whooo! Raven's stadium entrance dance! Praise Jesus!" (begins to do retarded chest pounding stadium intro dance that everyone in Baltimore is totally sick of seeing) "WHOOOOO!!!!"

Chad: "ok."

Sometimes, COB, I fear your estimable talents aren't fully appreciated....sometimes.

Yep, still sad and pathetic to see how fast his turn downhill was.

It is, but you could see it coming a mile away. Chad was famous for being a football player. When that was over, his 15 minutes were going to be up. Chad seemed to understand this, but thought the answer was to turn himself into some kind of trendsetter. But he had no idea how to do that, really. So in the end he became a C-list celebrity. If this were the Seventies, he would have a spot next to Brett Sommers and Charles Nelson Reilly on "Match Game." Since this is the 21st century, he ends up on a crappy reality TV show. And he couldn't even not fck that up.

Yep, still sad and pathetic to see how fast his turn downhill was.

It is, but you could see it coming a mile away. Chad was famous for being a football player. When that was over, his 15 minutes were going to be up. Chad seemed to understand this, but thought the answer was to turn himself into some kind of trendsetter. But he had no idea how to do that, really. So in the end he became a C-list celebrity. If this were the Seventies, he would have a spot next to Brett Sommers and Charles Nelson Reilly on "Match Game." Since this is the 21st century, he ends up on a crappy reality TV show. And he couldn't even not fck that up.

I know I have spent MUCH time displaying my anger with Chad on the board here, but that has even fallen by the wayside.

It got to a point where I actually felt bad for his increasing level of stupidity.

Now when it comes to Chad, I feel sad for the player he use to be before the "Ocho Cinco" days and what he could have been.

He could have gone down in the books as one of the greats and he achieved things that are still pretty amazing.

However, no one is going to remember those things outside of the Cincinnati fanbase.

Sad...

They were talking about Chad on the radio this morning and he got released from jail today; told the judge that he was sorry and she accepted it. They also spoke about his finances and get this. He pays child support (which is great; he's taking care of his kids), spends 2.5k a month on food, 3k a month on clothing, 5k a month in entertainment and so on and so on. I know he made a lot of money playing football but that’s crazy seeing that he no longer has an income.

When I retired from the military, the family and I had to readjust to the new income. Chad should think about that now or he’ll be broke!!

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9395324/chad-johnson-leaving-jail-apologizing-judge

He shall be free!

Great to be back on the board guys. Extended career and family building exercises behind me, I am reintegrating myself into society!

Welcome back!

@ combatbengal: Chad wouldn't be the first former NFL player to blow all his money and end up broke.