2nd Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

Lacy... got to be the pick if he's there.

Margus Hunt is intruiging, just a huge beast of a guy, and Michael Johnson sitting there with the FT....

I doubt they go OT. They will probably sign Fat Andre, plus Collins is underrated...

Cyprien is the best S remaining. There is significant fall off to the next level guys.

So, I'd say Lacy or Cyprien at 37.

For the other pick it would be the bounce of 37.

If they take Cyprien, I could see them look at Bernard, Franklin or Bell.

If they take Lacy, I could see them go S with maybe Thomas out of Fresno, or maybe LB with a guy like Reddick or maybe Kiko Alonso from Oregon.

There is a lot of vslue in r2... lots of players with r2 grades down into r3, so they will get some solid guys.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the (as yet) unclear strategem of the first round pick I would think the Bengals will go Punter and Water Boy in the second round

Humph !!!:angry:/>

Running back appears to be the deeper position group remaining as compared to safeties. Running back would still be my top priority though. I think that bolstering the running game with a player that can complement Green-Ellis's very limited skillset would be more beneficial to the team's overall makeup than an upgrade at strong safety would be. I understand that is saying quite a lot, since we have essentially nobody at SS and I'm talking about a #2 or a #1.5 RB. Zimmer seems to make it work regardless of which scrub we stick at SS.

Safties ??

I like Cyprien more that he's fallen to the 2nd round and he's the only true SS I left that I like. Thomas is 5'9. No.

There are still 3 FS's that are said to be interchangeable and I like them all.

Thomas

Swearinger

Rambo

In regards to the RB spot Bernard or Franklin would make me very happy with either of the two picks.

I don't think they go wrong as long as they address these two needs with these two picks.

oh, Teo's a need-- the need to replace the NFL's worst MLBer.Bengals don't seem to agree, unfortunately.

Bengals really should pick from Cyprien, Arthur Brown and Gio Bernard. Any of them really helps. But I think that Brown is probably out for same reason as Teo-- Bengals stubbornly overvalue Rey M.

the knee injury guys, Carradine and Keenen Allen, are the wild cards here. Allen is an immediate fit and Carradine would be big after MiJohnson walks. But Bengals don't tend to win health gambles.

I'm thinking defense with both picks. Probably Cyprien with the first one then perhaps Carradine with the second pick. Carradine is a local product (Taft HS) and was coached by former Bengal Mike Martin.

He could be a hedge pick in case Dunlap or Mike Johnson prove too costly to re-sign.

I can't see a WR after taking the pass catching TE savior in Eifert.

That silliness being said, I would rather Brown at this point more than Teo.

I can easily see a WR. The best two WRs in the draft are still on the board. And the second round is traditionally where we get our best WRs.

Marvin Lewis said we need to add offensive playmakers everywhere to an offense that couldn't score TDs. Adding a TE helps, but doesn't fix everything.

Interesting stat, the Bengals targeted a RB out of the backfield the third fewest times in the league last year.

If the thought with Eifert was to do the things that successful teams do (see 2 TE sets) than picking up a pass catching RB with speed would help.

They need to get this done in the 2nd.

Look we drafted Offense in the first, so #37 will be a defensive pick, that being said...

@ 37.

1) Arthur Brown, Jr., OLB/ILB, Kansas State

2) Johnathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

3) Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE, Florida State

4) D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

5) Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State

Unfortuneatly, Dallas completely lost their head and took a 3rd Round Center in the 1st (thanks Jerry!) which pushes all the other Centers up in the draft. I would almost rather draft Barrett Jones at 53 and wait for RB in the 3rd (of course the 3rd Rounder will have to be Defense because #52 will be Offense so it will have to be 4th round).

Hate to say it, but seeing Manti Teo with the first pick today wouldn't shock me all that much.

I'd personally like to see Cyprien with the 1st pick today and a RB with the second. I get nervous that Bernard will be gone by that point, though, and I'm pretty high on him. I'm also far more concerned for our offense than our defense.

at 37, I like

LB Arthur Brown

RB Eddie Lacy

SS Matt Elam (I dont like Cyprien much, sorry guys) damn you, Ravens

DE Tank Carradine

CB Jamar Taylor (has the speed to cover Torrey Smith down the field)

I don't want to see Manti Teo or Menelik Watson

I want to hold off on safety til 3 now and get Shamarko Thomas

I know lots of you like Giovanni, but I think he can be had later due to his small-ish size

I am coming around to the idea of Keenan Allen at 37

LB Arthur Brown

RB Eddie Lacy

DE Tank Carradine

WR Keenan Allen

LB Arthur Brown

RB Eddie Lacy

DE Tank Carradine

WR Keenan Allen

I'm not saying that's a bad list, but you've got a lot of guys that didn't test well because of injury. Bengals have always struck me as a team that likes the testing part of the process. So can you think of a player that the Bengals have recently drafted high, despite being unable to get good test numbers on them due to injury? Kirkpatrick had a hammy and didn't do all of the tests, but he did most of them and did them pretty well.

It's true 3 of those 5 have had some injury issues, so your point is well taken

On the other hand, those players have 1st round talent but dropped into round 2 due in no small part to those injuries

In these cases, I think you have to mainly evaluate their college game tapes to see what you'll be getting

That said - my favorite of the 5 is Brown, who is not injured and has been measured well, one of only a dozen players at the combine earning a grade of 90 or better