who's your favorite Bengal?

combatbengal

Who is your favorite current Bengal player and who is your all-time favorite Bengal? Make your argument why they’re the best!!

My current favorite player is Domata Peko. He’s a beast, never misses a game, has 346 tackles and always comes to play! He’s led the d line in tackles 4 out of the last 5 years, has a positive attitude, never gets in trouble and is a team player!!

My all-time favorite player would have to be David Fulcher or Anthony Munoz. Fulcher was a three time pro bowler and helped the Bengals get to the Super Bowl in 1988, which in my opinion was the best Super Bowl played to date!!

Munoz helped us get to two Super Bowls and was Offensive Lineman of the Year in 1981, 1987, and 1988. Oh and he was the first Bengal to be enshrined in the Hall of fame!!

Hmm, who could my favorite Bengal ever be

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I can think of at least, oh, I don't know, 37 Bengals I really, really like

With 37 separate reasons why I like them

I will need at least 37 more minutes to think about this one, and I'll get back to you

I will say - my LEAST favorite Bengal ever is Carl Powell

and

a player I thought I'd never like is really growing on me - B O O M

Pete Johnson is my fav all-time. I loved watching him carry three defenders into the end zone along with him.

Fav right now would be AJ Green, no explanation needed here.

Least fav of all-time would be Neil O'Donnel, what a bum.

Least fav right now would be Rey, had high hopes but he has never played up to them.

Hmm, who could my favorite Bengal ever be

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I can think of at least, oh, I don't know, 37 Bengals I really, really like

With 37 separate reasons why I like them

I will need at least 37 more minutes to think about this one, and I'll get back to you

I will say - my LEAST favorite Bengal ever is Carl Powell

and

a player I thought I'd never like is really growing on me - B O O M

Lol Carl Powell lol! Another one of Marvin Lewis castoffs, most of those guys never worked out.

Current favorite ?? Yeah, Atkins.

Not flashy, not mouthy, but good God is he an animal on the field.

I think Rey needs to hand the captain "C" over...

All time ??

I always loved watching Issac Curtis and Ken Riley when I was young.

There are a bunch though. Anderson, Munoz, Fulcher, Krumrie, Collinsworth and that's just a start.

My favorite player right now is AJ Green. Every time I see him on the field, I think it's too good to be true that we have a wide receiver with such instincts and natural ability, and his ability to adjust to the ball when it is thrown is other-worldly. Nobody in the league can twist his body and maintain balance like this mofo. Gives me chills when I watch him play.

All-time favorite... hard to say. I only started following the Bengals religiously in 2001 (I was born in 1990, so no one can fault me for that). But TJ Houshmandzadeh might be my all-time favorite. He was reliable, strong, and always seemed to make plays when it counted (lots of 3rd down conversions).

current fave is Geno ! ....Geno !....... Geno !

he's a one man wrecking crew

All time fav would be Boomer ....... cos I sent off for a Bengals shirt back in the day and it had Esiason on the back and my lucky no. 7 too

I didn't read the first post very well, it didn't even ask for least favorite! So all time favorite?

First, I like players for various reasons. So in one sense I like our own little Norma Rae, Boomer Esiason. And I like him mainly for his crazy ass behavior during the strike. Sitting down in front of the bus? Classic move that goes down in my mind as one of the all time weird actions. Boomer is like a turn-of-the-century very pale coal miner without the black lung, damaged spine, poverty, and generally wrecked life. He speaks truth to power! (To save his million dollar a year job).

Second, Pete Johnson. His on the field play was awesome, but his career after football was inspiring. He worked at a Miami car dealership in the late '80s. An optician in Columbus got caught selling a bunch of coke. He told the police he was getting it from Pete Johnson. So they set up a sting, and nailed Pete driving his Cadillac from Miami to Columbus. There were a bunch of pillows in the backseat with cocaine sewed into them. Pete got charged in federal court with trafficking cocaine. First he gets on the stand and says I don't even know this optician. Then the cops counter that by saying you, Pete Johnson, were with him when we arrested him. Pete's like, "Oh, that optician". Then he tells the jury that he loans his car to various people, those could be anyone's pillows. Also, the jury in Columbus Ohio probably knew Pete was just about Woody Hayes' all-time favorite player, and he spent his career blocking for Columbus native and local hero Archie Griffin. Not guilty. Pete was facing 65 years and went to trial with a defense that consisted of, "I'm Pete f**king Johnson, ***damnit!", and walked. My hero.