Bengals @ Texans Wild Card Weekend Pregame Thread

HoosierCat

After this game and that last drive Dalton concernes me going forward. He needs to make that hard throws, the great ones do, thats how they win. Dalton misses to many wide open guys because hes scard of the pass rush and his eyes are not downfield. Sorry guys but he did not give me much hopes moving forward to many concerns, for me, hope they can correct them. If its not perfect Dalton misses way to many passes, we cant have that all the time moving forward. Imagine if this team didnt have such a great defense the second half of the year. They have 1 TD since the eagles game, grrrrr this team makes me mad!!!!! :frustrated:

Get Gruden out of there please, cant stand his so called WCO which is horrible!!

Andy Dalton's downfield passing - inaccurate and costly.

Jermaine Gresham - not tough enough, not good enough, and he cost us big time.

Rey Maualuga - I knew he was bad, but that parformance shocked even his harshest critics. Hopefully he's played his last game for the... uh..., which team was he playing for tonight?

Gee, that looked like the same hit AJ took in the end zone, but no flag there.

Oh well. About the game I expected. Good job this season by the Bengals. I've got big expectation for next season.

Really even with how Dalton has looked down the stretch? If they lose defense guys, and they become a just alright defense this team will worry me. Dalton needs a run game and a great defense to be successful, if he dosnt have that im not sure what he will be. I like Dalton and want him to be the guy, but he is killing me, he misses so many wide open guys, because his eyes are not kept downfield. Not to metion Gruden is just horrible. Hope your right and next season will be better.

Really even with how Dalton has looked down the stretch?

Dalton will be fine. They were a completely different offense with Sanu out there, as you may recall. Get him back, and get Jones a full offseason, camp and preseason working with the ones, not buried and injured. Boling and Zeitler just had their baptism by fire. After this year and an offseason of strength and conditioning work, they will hold up better deep into the season. The team's not facing a particularly difficult FA period, we've got an extra high pick, and then there's that Kirkpatrick guy who barely played.

Good things are coming. :bengal:

Yeah, Dalton was not good today. Missing Green at the end was a nutshot.

That said, yeah, also, I am comfortable with him heading into next year. Getting a few guys back, adding a RB to help BJGE, sending Gresham somewhere to teach him how to catch, all of that will help.

I also expect Dalton to put in countless hours working on things this off-season.

Overall, frustrating loss.

Hard for me to go crazy though, I thought they were dead at 3-5. Hopefully, the have learned their final lessons from this year, will attack every game next year, and win the ***damn division. And go ahead and go after a bye while they are at it.

marvin just can't get it done period! to me his chances are gone needs replaced! pointless to let him continue to coach here.

dalton regressed big time, the over throw of aj WTF! to be fair it doesn't help when gresham drops 5. aj never turns around ball gets picked. all 3 of them failed today. so did the d-line and o-line.

player that need to go... maualuga, clements, lawson, tate, cook, all are complete trash!

i retract my thoughts on gruden. he can go to! his play calling was just plain awful. how do you not call greens number the whole first half???

defensively the texans o-line beat our d-line all day. the strength of our team failed to show up. really our whole defense played soft all day.

another playoff game that our team fails to show up for. we got out coached out played again. there was no fire no intensity form our players at all. did not appear we had any type of game plan. this team was not ready again!! to me this whole season is a complete failure and some one needs to be held responsible. that person is marvin.

Oddly, I'm not frustrated at all. Maybe it's because I had plans for today (made long before the Bengals earned a playoff spot) and went ahead and kept them instead of canceling everything and spending every waking moment from 7 a.m. to 4:30 obsessing over the Bengals like I normally do on gameday. I actually didn't even see the first half, I listened to it on the radio as I was driving home. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy listening to sports on the radio. But anyhow, I am pretty optimistic tonight.

dalton regressed big time, the over throw of aj WTF! to be fair it doesn't help when gresham drops 5. aj never turns around ball gets picked. all 3 of them failed today. so did the d-line and o-line.

I don't know if "regressed" is the right term. I thought Dalton played pretty well last season, but the word was that the Bengals thought he was too quick to throw the ball away, too quick to run, and wanted him to work on arm strength. This season he was holding the ball too long, didn't run fast enough and appeared to trade arm strength for accuracy. I wonder if there isn't some square-peg-round-hole stuff going on. I think there was an earlier comment calling for a new QB coach and I think I agree that he is not being well-coached.

Marvin is going nowhere no matter how many things we sign.

That being said i noticed this year, the defense improved big time, while offense went in the opposite direction. As far as im concerned Gruden can go, he promised alot when he was hired and havnt seen any of it. This is the worst WCO i have ever seen. Oh and how the hell do you not throw the ball to AJ, or hell you dont even look his way the whole first half, im sorry but coaches should be fired for that crap!

I know guys say Dalton is going to be fine, but from what im seeing he looked like he was getting worse as the season went on. I understand the whole #2 WR, but that dosnt explain his horrible pocket presence, the fact that he cant keep his eyes down the field when the rush is on. Dalton missed 11 TDs, this year because he did not see a wide open guy standing there. His deep passes are still not great, and those are throws that wins or loses games, and tonight he lost it because he could not hit the deep ball. I read cincy jungle, and reading some of those comments that were said on twitter just really have me thinking. They better surround him with the most talented team if they want to go anywhere with Dalton. Oh and please fire Gruden cant stand his offense anymore.

Oddly, I'm not frustrated at all. Maybe it's because I had plans for today (made long before the Bengals earned a playoff spot) and went ahead and kept them instead of canceling everything and spending every waking moment from 7 a.m. to 4:30 obsessing over the Bengals like I normally do on gameday. I actually didn't even see the first half, I listened to it on the radio as I was driving home. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy listening to sports on the radio. But anyhow, I am pretty optimistic tonight.

Nice did you listen to Lap? I listen to them everyweek, i cant stand the broacasters anymore. If so did you hear Lap killing the bengals for not getting the ball to AJ in the first half?

It is difficult to be too mad at Gruden after this game. I think he had a game plan that could have

won the game if only the players had come through in the clutch. I'm still hopeful for Dalton's future.

I put this loss on the players. I know meaningful trades in the NFL are extremely rare, but I'd like to see

Gresham put on the market. I wonder what he could bring in return. He has brought his inability to perform in big games

here from his college days.

Nice did you listen to Lap? I listen to them everyweek, i cant stand the broacasters anymore. If so did you hear Lap killing the bengals for not getting the ball to AJ in the first half?

I was driving home from South Bend so I could pick up 1530 for Q1. Started to lose the signal in Q2 so I flipped around until I found the national broadcast. Was great to hear the home calls for a while!

Marvin is going nowhere no matter how many things we sign.

That being said i noticed this year, the defense improved big time, while offense went in the opposite direction. As far as im concerned Gruden can go, he promised alot when he was hired and havnt seen any of it. This is the worst WCO i have ever seen. Oh and how the hell do you not throw the ball to AJ, or hell you dont even look his way the whole first half, im sorry but coaches should be fired for that crap!

I know guys say Dalton is going to be fine, but from what im seeing he looked like he was getting worse as the season went on. I understand the whole #2 WR, but that dosnt explain his horrible pocket presence, the fact that he cant keep his eyes down the field when the rush is on. Dalton missed 11 TDs, this year because he did not see a wide open guy standing there. His deep passes are still not great, and those are throws that wins or loses games, and tonight he lost it because he could not hit the deep ball. I read cincy jungle, and reading some of those comments that were said on twitter just really have me thinking. They better surround him with the most talented team if they want to go anywhere with Dalton. Oh and please fire Gruden cant stand his offense anymore.

i am not quite ready to give up on datlon yet. yes he needs a real rb and a legit# 2. hopefully sanu can help. i will say today i starting having doubts about dalton. completely turned on gruden. your 100% right! gruden has not done anything he said he would do. maybe he's even hurting andy's growth as a player.