Bengals @ Texans Wild Card Weekend Pregame Thread

HoosierCat

One thing I do want to point out and I am not suggesting it is a reason to celebrate or anything - but of the 4 losers on wildcard weekend, even in what I believe everyone will term a poor effort, we lost by the lowest point margin. We kept it the closest. This was nowhere near the beating we took last year.

and one other thing - they did not give up as past Bengals teams were prone to do.

This is a markedly better team than what we have suffered with for decades in so many ways, and I look for them to make the playoffs again next year.

I agree. I think we're taking the frustrations of the 2003-2010 teams out on this team. With Rey Lewis retiring and the Steelers being pretty old. We'll be favored to win division. That extra pick seems PERFECT for explosive RB or a LB who can actually cover. At 3-5 I thought the season was over. Definitely room to improve, but on the right path.

This offense is bad due to our finally realized #2 (Sanu) going down, it taking Jones longer to develop in filling that role, no RB to add to what BJGE brings, and 3 new interior o-linemen for the majority of the season. While I think Dalton has things to improve, it's not like he's been given the best scenarios either.

Things will improve further in 2013.

AFCN favorites and a playoff win or more.

There's no reason to think that shouldn't happen.

This offense is bad due to our finally realized #2 (Sanu) going down, it taking Jones longer to develop in filling that role, no RB to add to what BJGE brings, and 3 new interior o-linemen for the majority of the season. While I think Dalton has things to improve, it's not like he's been given the best scenarios either.

Things will improve further in 2013.

AFCN favorites and a playoff win or more.

There's no reason to think that shouldn't happen.

This offseason has this team in the best position it's been in for years. There are a few holes to fill and those are doable.

The ball is COMPLETELY in MB's and the organizations court. Let's see if they can come through.

RB improvement/depth, WR depth, SS, OLB, OL depth. 2 FA signings and a solid draft with 3 of the first 55 picks?

This is very doable. This team in on the right track.

Exactly.

While I am disappointed with the loss to the Texans, this team has never been in this good of a position heading into the offseason. Usually the offseasons are filled with concerns for the future and what free agents we should be targeting to help improve things. Now we are looking at an offseason when coming in next year, we are no longer look at as "upstarts" and probably favorites as well as needing to address our own solid free agents to bring back.

Another thing to chew on for next season: the Bengals got very little out of the top of the draft class in 2012. Kirkpatrick and Sanu were hurt, and Still and Thompson were collecting splinters. Of five picks in the first three rounds only Zeitler played the whole year. So at least in theory there is a buttload of talent still waiting to blossom.

the best thing about this team is that they are winning games with a bunch of young players. how many times have you heard about how young teams don't win? well these guys are! i am excited about this teams future and the young guys that still have yet to play. for this team to go 7-1 and beat the stoolers and raven on the way is growth. that's all you can ask for. it just wasn't our time and as bjge said they were just not good enough to get it done. i think this game will drive them all next season and the best is yet to come! WHODEY!!!!