Cowboys @ Bengals Pre-Rodeo/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Team loss, they all had a hand in giving that away. Everyone. Coaches, players, stars, scrubs. All of them.

On an up note, personally, just opened my birthday gifts and got a kickass Burfict jersey. Its my first jersey since my Odell jersey. Here's hoping this ends better than that did...

If for some crazy reason Burfict suddenly goes the Odell path to obscurity, you could always try to get Sammy Hagar autograph your jersey. I know you don't like me and might have me on ignore, but happy birthday!

Seriously Gruden needs to really be looked at, why in big games does his offense seem disappear?? Where did the running game go? I know alot of guys didnt help with there drop passes, but it was just so flat. Where is this WCO, where are screen passes, Dalton stands in the pocket and dosnt move half the time or dosnt get rid of the ball. Pathtetic all the way around Gruden!

Well there was a number of third down passes dropped in the second half.

Seriously Gruden needs to really be looked at, why in big games does his offense seem disappear?? Where did the running game go? I know alot of guys didnt help with there drop passes, but it was just so flat. Where is this WCO, where are screen passes, Dalton stands in the pocket and dosnt move half the time or dosnt get rid of the ball. Pathtetic all the way around Gruden!

Well there was a number of third down passes dropped in the second half.

Yup.

And just as devastatingly, a number of would-be interceptions dropped by the defense.

They simply would not/could not make a play today, and it killed them.

I said they needed to run the ball today with everything they had going in their favor and they just didn't do it enough.

Did they get to smart for themselves and overthink it ??

Gruden: Hey, they have a practice squad player starting at DT and we have an o-line and RB that have been tearing it up.

Name your person: Hell yeah, lets maul that sh*t today and make a statement.

Gruden: No, they will be expecting that. Here's what we're going to do......

:frustrated:

Frustration is the ultimate understatement right now.

They need to put it behind them and get ready for Thursday.

If they come out flat and lose to the Eagles, Marvin should be canned.

Seriously.

Win every game left and your in the playoffs, can't get motivated for that then get off the team. This loss sucks but they still control there own destiny.

Gruden needs to wake up they were running the ball pretty darn good, and he just stops. Run the ball and control the clock, and give the defense a rest.

Well I guess it was only destiny that the Boys would win today playing for there lost teammate. Chiefs did it last week, and cowboys did it this week, who knows. Frustrated like crazy right now!

After today it looks like they might be sitting at home Billy. Losing to the Browns and Miami were just bad, but the Cowboys have a pretty good offense, and were on a pretty good winning streak trying to make the playoffs themselves. Not to mention them playing for there fallen teammate, the bengals let them hang around, and well they got what they deserved. They need to win out, which how this team plays i cant really see it. Just when my hope was turning around with this team!

Another thing, thanks for playing musical Center today Marvin, the 0-line was finally turning the corner, and well that got all screwed up. Dont fix whats not broken, let Robinson play. I guess you pay a guy, he better play! :angry:

After today it looks like they might be sitting at home Billy. Losing to the Browns and Miami were just bad, but the Cowboys have a pretty good offense, and were on a pretty good winning streak trying to make the playoffs themselves. Not to mention them playing for there fallen teammate, the bengals let them hang around, and well they got what they deserved. They need to win out, which how this team plays i cant really see it. Just when my hope was turning around with this team!

Another thing, thanks for playing musical Center today Marvin, the 0-line was finally turning the corner, and well that got all screwed up. Dont fix whats not broken, let Robinson play. I guess you pay a guy, he better play! :angry:/>

It was a hard loss to take vol. Worse than the loss to the stinkin' Browns. To piss away the lead they had at home was simply inexusable. Stupid penalties, receivers dropping passes, Dalton throwing his obligatory INT, the team basically s**t canned any playoff hopes.

Hell, maybe they never had a shot in the first place, I don't know... :no:

Here's where I am this morning.

I'm frustrated the team blew an opportunity to gain on everyf*ckingbody in the division and take hold of things.

However, had things worked out the way I thought they would with the Colts, Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals winning, they would be in the exact same position they currently find themselves. At least we have that to hold onto.

That's really not the issue though. This team consistently fails in the big games. What is it going to take to see them get up for a big game ?? We haven't seen it in over two seasons. While there are parts of this team I love to watch, I have NO FAITH whatsoever this team is capable of getting to the playoffs.

If they do, I will be overf*ckingjoyed, but this loss makes you have to question things.

On the team-seems-to-fail-in-big-games front, pretty much agree, Army.

Its downright weird how the non-sold out games seems to be the ones they play well in, when (generally) no one can see it locally. And whenever the stakes are raised, they seem to put hands to own throat with a consistency that's frightening.

That's the part that I find hard to lay anywhere but at Marvin's feet. Failure in big games has been a calling card of his years. He has his strengths, but having his teams ready to meet the moment ain't one of them...

About Marvin...

I'm trying not to simply pile on and will preface this statement by saying i'm not really angry.

However, can someone that still believes in Marvin (I know you are out there) tell me why they feel this team hasn't reached their ceiling with him as the head coach ?? It seems to me he has always said they have had issues, only to resolve them and claim he finally has a team of his kind of guys. I can recall two separate seasons of hearing that exact statement.

Don't answer my question with the obligatory question of, "well who takes his place" either.

I don't really think it matters. It's just time regardless of what happens the rest of the way.

Making the playoffs won't change my opinion on this.

Like I said, not angry anymore. Simply disappointed.

I have no faith in Marvin getting us to the Super Bowl. The list of big games that they dropped are endless. You can go back to 2003 when they lost to Cleveland. 2006 when they couldn't win a game at the end of the year. Yesterdays game, and the playoffs have been a disaster. The glimmer of hope I have is that it was the lack of charcacter and leadership in past seasons that caused the flop. I'm hoping Dalton, and Green can put the team on their shoulders and win the last 3.

Don't get me wrong. I hope each and every week that we will see this team take that next step.

Unfortunately, i'm still hoping.

I'm with you 100%. But can we really blame Marvin for

Drops by AJ Green and Hawkins?

Dropped Ints by Newman (2) and Clements?

I'm biased but the Bengals are healthier and just as talented as the next 3 opponents. If they don't win. There is obviously something wrong.

Marvin definitely doesn't deserve all the blame, but having 0 timeouts left (without even challenging!) early in the 4th quarter is absolutely unacceptable. If it were a once in a blue moon occurrence, I wouldn't be so angry. He might literally be, by virtue of his long tenure and the consistency with which he has been guilty, the worst clock managing and timeout wasting head coach in NFL history.

I do think he does other things well as a coach (especially as a motivator), but I don't care anymore. Unless this team somehow wins a playoff game this season, I want him gone.

Don't get me wrong. I hope each and every week that we will see this team take that next step.

Unfortunately, i'm still hoping.

I'm with you 100%. But can we really blame Marvin for

Drops by AJ Green and Hawkins?

Dropped Ints by Newman (2) and Clements?

I'm biased but the Bengals are healthier and just as talented as the next 3 opponents. If they don't win. There is obviously something wrong.

That's exactly how I feel as well. How did the team not look prepared? The TOs is my biggest complaint about yesterday coaching wise, and Gruden not running it more late. We flat out outplayed that team for the first 3 quarters. Nothing about the team looked like they weren't prepared, or the gameplan was bad. The players simply did not execute. As simple as that.

Today I came into work only to discover cowboys pictures taped all over my sh!t. Gay. This loss makes me pissed and im sure the players are too - they are going to be steaming thursday night. Bengals will be OK, it was an infuriating loss but I still think they are better than Pitt and Balt. It's crazy but I still think bengals can win this division.

The at this point are not good enough to overcome many mistakes. For whatever reason in big game, they come out on fire, but find away to lose momentum. Like yesterday throwing that int really swung the momentum! They were moving the ball, but the drops really stoped anything they had. Score TDs and this game is not even close! For what ever reason when this team is in a big game they find away to hurt themselves.

That's what worries me about the up coming games, Pitt and Baltimore know how to win the big game. The bengals are young and need to learn how to overcome mistakes, and need to learn to play big in must win games.