Sick this morning

walzav29

Of all the Bengals talk on local radio, none of it's about the attendance. Why? Because nobody in town thinks it's a problem.

More likely it's because nobody in town wants to point a finger at themselves when it's so easy to point fingers at someone else.

And you're dead wrong about nobody talking about the poor attendance. There are multiple threads discussing it on GoBengals, CincyJungle just did a piece on it, and Marvin just addressed it again in his last press conference. As for those of us here on the Zone, we've discussed it before and we will again, but always at the risk of angering someone to the point that the thread is killed.

:cheers:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how would that make you feel if you were a season ticket holder?

There's nothing stopping them from offering special deals to season ticket holders, either. In fact, I read over on GB where they recently did just that, offering 2 free club tickets to season ticket holders. Of course, they managed to f**k that up, too, apparently, because they only did it for "long-time" season ticket holders, so people who only got tickets in the last few years called up only to get turned down.

How typical. The Bengals offer long-time season ticket holders a special deal and those who don't qualify whine about not being included.

So here's a question for you. What should the Bengals do to entice the Searays and TJ Jacksons of the world to attend football games? What should they do to attract the so-called fans who openly admit they have no plans whatsoever to attend any games or buy anything Bengal related? Should they promise them free tickets to the zoo if they'll come?

Of all the Bengals talk on local radio, none of it's about the attendance. Why? Because nobody in town thinks it's a problem.

More likely it's because nobody in town wants to point a finger at themselves when it's so easy to point fingers at someone else.

And you're dead wrong about nobody talking about the poor attendance. There are multiple threads discussing it on GoBengals, CincyJungle just did a piece on it, and Marvin just addressed it again in his last press conference. As for those of us here on the Zone, we've discussed it before and we will again, but always at the risk of angering someone to the point that the thread is killed.

:cheers:

A. Discontent with the team

B. The econonmy combined with exceptionally expensive ticket options

C. All of the above

Note: There is no option for "I'm never going to come back again". Why? Because if apathy were the case then the STATS that show TV ratings are the highest ever would not exist.

Solution: Win consistently.

What would a guy like you know about it? The only way you'll get into PBS is if somebody gave you a free ticket or paid you to serve hotdogs.

wait....wait....I dont have 5 million, myself, so you say they'll PAY me to serve hot dogs?

where do I sign up?

Recently, Reedy did a "reverse" on his 20 questions where he asked the fans some questions. The leading question was why aren't you attending? The most popular answer BY FAR was Mike f'in Brown

It's fine that you don't think thats a legit reason to not attend. We feel it is legit, and you repeating over and over again that it simply isn't a legit reason does not change our view.

Dead last in attendance? Not surprising. When you give your loyal customers the finger for 15 years, they get the message. They eventually take you up on your offer and they f**k off.

Number 1 in the hearts and minds of Bengal fans - they want a football professional brought in from the outside to act as GM. This isn't something Mike is unaware of.

Mike's response? To hardly lower himself to even talk to the customers who pay for his stadium. And when he does, once or twice a year, he flatly rejects the overwhelming sentiment screaming for a GM. Just basically says I own the team, I'll be the GM, doesn't matter what fans want, they don't know the inside workings of a pro football team anyway.

Other issues he treats similarly are hanging on to mediocre at best position coaches and coordinators way past their expiration date. Again, no explanation required because he owns the team and makes it clear that popular opinion is absolutely no factor in the decisions.

Well, when the king taxes his peasants for years and won't listen to any of their claims, the peasants will eventually show up with torches and pitchforks. Or they'll just lose interest. Bengals fans seem to have done the latter, and I am unconvinced things will change next year.

Marvin just addressed it again in his last press conference

....because he was specifically asked about it

Of course he was asked about it. It's relevant. Which is exactly why I'm talking about it.

I'm not the one pretending this isn't an issue. Or if you prefer, I'm not the one popping off about the cart being before the horse.

Marvin just addressed it again in his last press conference

....because he was specifically asked about it

Of course he was asked about it. It's relevant. Which is exactly why I'm talking about it.

I'm not the one pretending this isn't an issue. Or if you prefer, I'm not the one popping off about the cart being before the horse.

Every problem should have a consequence and a potential solution.

What's the consequence to people not coming to games? Will MB move the team? Doubtful. Again, what's the consequence?

Solution? How do we fix this problem of Bengal fans being so douchy? Start a website and campaign? Raise funds for free therapy? Win football games consistently?

What would a guy like you know about it? The only way you'll get into PBS is if somebody gave you a free ticket or paid you to serve hotdogs.

wait....wait....I dont have 5 million, myself, so you say they'll PAY me to serve hot dogs?

where do I sign up?

Fill out a job application, I guess.

And FWIW I'm not sure why you're so focused on the amount of money I have since we're both part of the 99%.

where do I sign up?

Fill out a job application, I guess.

And FWIW I'm not sure why you're so focused on the amount of money I have since we're both part of the 99%.

Trust me, I have a better chance of getting a whiff of the odd smelling smoke cloud drifting out of the vents in your abode all the way over here in OH-HIYOH than I do of sniffing 99%

Dead last in attendance? Not surprising. When you give your loyal customers the finger for 15 years, they get the message. They eventually take you up on your offer and they f**k off.

If only that were true.

IMHO too many Bengal fans don't f**k off at all. Instead, they hang around to piss and s**t in the punchbowl until nobody wants to drink.

But as a group I think we represent the biggest problem this team faces.

Agreed. The losing culture will never truly die until the fanbase catches up with the franchise (if ever).

The fine folks of Cincinnati never seem to grow tired of listening to themselves brag about what s**tty fans they are, and how doing so makes them better than the rest.

We are the losing culture.

So here's a question for you. What should the Bengals do to entice the Searays and TJ Jacksons of the world to attend football games? What should they do to attract the so-called fans who openly admit they have no plans whatsoever to attend any games or buy anything Bengal related? Should they promise them free tickets to the zoo if they'll come?

It would still make the NFL more money if they did that versus having empty seats. Zoo tickets run about $20. So buy a $70 nosebleed seat and get a zoo ticket free = $50 to the good. Probably more since the zoo would give a bulk discount.

But that's the real problem: MB doesn't really care about making money for the NFL. Ticket revenue now goes into a big pot split equally by the owners, so the impact of him not selling out is, financially speaking, peanuts.

And I would be willing to bet that Brown likes it that way. He's old school, and old school NFL thinking on home games is not to televise them under any circumstances.

But that's the real problem: MB doesn't really care about making money for the NFL. Ticket revenue now goes into a big pot split equally by the owners, so the impact of him not selling out is, financially speaking, peanuts.

Did that change with the last CBA? It always used to be a 60:40 split, home team:visiting team.

Are you saying now that all the ticket sale revenue is thrown into one pot and split 32 ways so the Bengals get a share of ticket sales in Dallas?