GAME THREAD

Scottishbengal

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the team and the Cincinnati Enquirer blame the economy on the lack of fan support for the games (and the

general apathy of the city) in light of the team's good start this year.

They are off base, most of the locals are simply tired of getting kicked in the gut when rooting for this team.

Year after year of failure doesn't cut it. Sure there have been some brief glimpses of hope, but you are quickly

brought back to reality with this bunch. I think most saw the record early this year was a mirage based mostly

on an easy schedule.

The game today was very winnable. The players on this team just plain don't have the ability or scheme to find

ways to win against a quality opponent. Marvin and staff aren't as good as their counterparts on the other side

of the field most every game, simple truth.

i totally agree!

I know the team and the Cincinnati Enquirer blame the economy on the lack of fan support for the games (and the

They are off base, most of the locals are simply tired of getting kicked in the gut when rooting for this team.

Year after year of failure doesn't cut it. Sure there have been some brief glimpses of hope, but you are quickly

brought back to reality with this bunch. I think most saw the record early this year was a mirage based mostly

on an easy schedule.

The game today was very winnable. The players on this team just plain don't have the ability or scheme to find

ways to win against a quality opponent. Marvin and staff aren't as good as their counterparts on the other side

we as a collective fanbase suck a$$ - cant even yell when its third down in a very close game.

BUt I agree with everything you have said otherwise.

on an easy schedule.

we as a collective fanbase suck a$$ - cant even yell when its third down in a very close game.

how loud do you expect a half empty stadium to be?

why is everybody giving up????? still have 3 game to go and bengals is behind by 1 game for 6th seed.

Did ya see what's been happening the last 5 weeks?

This isn't a playoff team.

if before today u think bengals wil win superbowl, i never did, all i want is bengals to get in playoff, who cares if they win or lost at first game in playoff, all it will do is increased bengals players morale for next year because they know they can do it.

plus what more bengals lost so far only to playoff teams, ravens lost to seahawks, does that mean ravens is not a playoff team???

Yes, I am a moron. However, this team does not deserve to go to the playoffs.

what u mean by not deserve it?? yes colts dont deserve it as their record is 0-13, but if bengals get in because of their record, dont it means they deserve it???

This team is up finally at halftime! It's 16-3 in Marvin Lewis' BIGGEST GAME of his career. And they play f**king TURTLE BALL. GO f**k YOURSELF MARVIN.

I'm sure that when it's all said and done we just need to "play better". f**k off.

Benson had 94 freaking yards at the end of the half, and ended up with 91.....what the hell!!

What happened to Gruden saying before the season started, they are going to pound the ball, we have not seen this all year long!

Zim what happened to the defenese, forgot how to tackle at the end of the year. Forgot how to get turnovers! Not once did i see them press the recievers. Second half the bengals came out playing a prevent like defense, playing so far off Yates was dinking and dunking all over them! That was horrilbe Zimmer just horrilbe. Defense just blows!

on an easy schedule.

I expect to see a collective fanbase standing and cheering - lots of the screens I saw were fans trying to get others to make some noise.a half empty stadium can still have some emotion. heck, I lose my voice at the game. But I guess we cant ask more of the team, when the fans are a bit on the 'cant be bothered' to yell side of the coin.

Lots of disappointment for me today with the whole scene. But we played tough a good team. Won most of it. Forced what ? 4 turnovers? - (Second time this year i think we dominated the turnovers diff but lost the game.)

Very bad weekend for Cincinnati.

Zimmer got his turnovers - Wonder if hell have words with the offense.(though D did give up 450 yards)

I told my wife that the game was over when we didn't fall on that fumble in the fourth quarter! That was disheartening! Out DB's are awful! They haven’t covered anybody all season. And there still isn’t any discipline on the team! We still can’t tackle! The only hope now is if we get a descent 1st round spot and Oakland gives us a first rounder!

Problem wasn't a lack of crowd noise, it was a defense that played scared all day.

They were clearly petrified of the Houston run game. The fell for every single play-action move Yates made. They were so scared of the run they left the middle of the field open all day long and as a result Daniels and Walters killed us. The D could not get off the field because those guys were wide open 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage all day.

On the plus side, I think you can forget about Zim leaving for a HC job after today.

on an easy schedule.

I expect to see a collective fanbase standing and cheering - lots of the screens I saw were fans trying to get others to make some noise.a half empty stadium can still have some emotion. heck, I lose my voice at the game. But I guess we cant ask more of the team, when the fans are a bit on the 'cant be bothered' to yell side of the coin.

Lots of disappointment for me today with the whole scene. But we played tough a good team. Won most of it. Forced what ? 4 turnovers? - (Second time this year i think we dominated the turnovers diff but lost the game.)

Zimmer got his turnovers - Wonder if hell have words with the offense.(though D did give up 450 yards)

besides us most of the fan base knows for a fact that this team is going to fail. the empty stadium is proof. people of cincinnati are sick and tired of this team.

Problem wasn't a lack of crowd noise, it was a defense that played scared all day.

They were clearly petrified of the Houston run game. The fell for every single play-action move Yates made. They were so scared of the run they left the middle of the field open all day long and as a result Daniels and Walters killed us. The D could not get off the field because those guys were wide open 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage all day.

On the plus side, I think you can forget about Zim leaving for a HC job after today.

At this point i almost wish Zim would leave for that job, and give it to a guy like Del Rio. I always liked Zimmer, but his defenses have seem to fall apart at the end of the year, and again this year its no different. They start out so great, and fall apart. We can blame things on injury, but they couldnt tackle at the end of the year. Zimmer was playing his guys so far back Yates could do what he wanted because guys were so wide open! Still cant cover a TE! Just tired of the defense always falling back!

on an easy schedule.

besides us most of the fan base knows for a fact that this team is going to fail. the empty stadium is proof. people of cincinnati are sick and tired of this team.

Well I'm not, and I now live far from Cincinnati.

why is everybody giving up????? still have 3 game to go and bengals is behind by 1 game for 6th seed.

No. Not this year. If the Bengals staff drafts next year like we did last year, hold on to your hat because we're going places.

They need a LOT of help, lets not forget they've only beaten one team with a record above .500 this year.

Having a good WR and an ok QB aren't enough (see Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson).

I have little faith in their ability to upgrade a roster and properly transition a younger team into an improved playoff caliber one. They've never really done it or sustained anything of the sort.

No. Not this year. If the Bengals staff drafts next year like we did last year, hold on to your hat because we're going places.

They need a LOT of help, lets not forget they've only beaten one team with a record above .500 this year.

Having a good WR and an ok QB aren't enough (see Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson).

I have little faith in their ability to upgrade a roster and properly transition a younger team into an improved playoff caliber one. They've never really done it or sustained anything of the sort.

Thats my question. Someone has to lead them and teach them how to secure a win. WHo is that going to be? The prospect of success causes this team to self destruct.

This game was there for the Bengals to take. And they allowed Houston to come back and win it.

fact is as long as marvin is the coach this team will never be a real contender. the man simply does not have what it takes to win in the nfl. why i have no clue he just can't do it. marvin has rebuilt this team 3 times with the same results. his teams falls apart by the end of the season. just disappointing!

Someone has to lead them and teach them how to secure a win.

I don't buy this. The Bengals have come from behind to win games 5 times this year.

They are young, and it will take time for them to be more consistent... but they already know how to win games. They just need to continue building on the success, and adding more talent and depth.

fact is as long as marvin is the coach this team will never be a real contender. the man simply does not have what it takes to win in the nfl. why i have no clue he just can't do it. marvin has rebuilt this team 3 times with the same results. his teams falls apart by the end of the season. just disappointing!

Personally I think the Bengals exceeded all expectations this year.

Someone has to lead them and teach them how to secure a win.

I don't buy this. The Bengals have come from behind to win games 5 times this year.

They are young, and it will take time for them to be more consistent... but they already know how to win games. They just need to continue building on the success, and adding more talent and depth.

how many of those come behinds had the other team driving with the chance to win? Yes we came out on top on a few of those, but in how many times this year has the offense gotten a first down to run out the clock?

The Bengals were fortunate to pull some of those games out. When Bengals offense has been given the ball to run the clock out. They subsequently punt relying on the defense to do the job.

Yes they are young - Lets hope they can improve. They have one of the worst defenses next week. Should be able to tee off on St Louis. But I am not confident they will. Ill be here watching and cheering regardless.

Personally I think the Bengals exceeded all expectations this year.

By far.

But its hard to swallow going 1-4 since starting out so well against the bad teams. Expectations changed at half way through the season though.

Glad they lost. They need a better draft pick. This offense couldnt move the ball at all, and if it werent for the Defense putting them in great field position, they wouldn't have even scored 10 points.

The offense had like 80 yards in the 2nd Half......Embarrassing......

Defense ended up letting Yates throw for 300 yards.....and couldnt stop him at the very end......:no:

C'mon draft......