Bengals @ Steelers Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

I am concerned about our ability to cover the fast Steelers receivers if we are unable to harass Ben or get him on the ground a lot. Without Dunlap that will be more difficult. A few tipped passes and INTs in our favor this time will be the difference.

Offensively, I think Dalton and Gruden will be able to make some adjustments and have some success against this defense. I just hope it is enough this week.

Remember the magic number is 21. The Bengals have lost 19 straight games when they have given up 21 or more points.

Yep the defense needs to step up big time! They need to play these last few games like they have not played before and it starts this weekend. I know injuries are hurting this team, but i would love to see this defense get back to the physcial play i saw in the begining of the year. The last couple of games the defense seems to start very slow, its time they start fast, and let the offense score some points!

I think it's imperative that Rey M. stay home and not try to do to much. His freelancing has led to some big plays this season and he seemed to play within the framework of his responsibility last week and had a solid game. The Steelers didn't run their usual assortment of gadget plays three weeks ago but I expect that they will run a few "test" plays to see howRey or the other LBs repsond, then try to burn us on some type of misdirection. We've seen that play out too many times before.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny when you read this, because of the rotation they will all play pretty much. I wonder why though, Rucker is playing pretty good, but i wonder if they like him better against the run.

I think so. MJ is more along the lines of a situational pass rusher type. He'll still get plenty of snaps but as has been noted for years the key against Ben is containing him, not necessarily bringing him down. He's at his most dangerous when he moves out of the pocket and extends the play. Bring on the old mush rush.

Edited to add: some good stuff here:

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8249defa/Sound-FX-Marvin-Lewis

About halfway in Marvin is getting on MJ for playing high against the TE.

In case you haven't noticed it, this forum is dead. Almost no one new comes here. Look at the last gameday thread. How many commenters have fewer than 1,000 posts?

Pretty much zip, right?

If I was looking for a place to talk Bengals football and found this place I'd run like hell. A dozen or so a**h***s (including me) arguing about s**t they can't understand because it all references crap that was said 5 years ago.

So, either we quit acting like a**h***s and open this place up again, or we tell B24 to quit wasting his money maintaining server space for a rotting corpse of a forum.

So... this is the biggest game of the season thus far, right? And what's happening at Bengalzone? Crickets and tumbleweeds.

Sure, the majority of the posts come from 1,000+ posters. But those 1,000+ posters are the same people who keep the place alive... and have enjoyed it as a warm and comfy home.

Now? Not so much.

Did the place need some tweaks in the moderation? Perhaps. It's possible that the path this board has taken over the last several years had finally reached a tipping point... but the current lack of activity seems like the result of the pendulum swinging too far in the opposite direction.

If you ask me... I'd imagine that strong opinions and impassioned debates are less likely to scare off a new person than a ghost town. And given the way this week has been around here... if I had a vote, it would be for B24 to quit wasting his money.

Just sayin'

Per reedy, Dunlap, Peko and Benson all not practicing today.

Well Peko didnt practice all last week and still played

Benson im guessing with his foot is not practicing, but have to believe that these will play. Just keeping these guys fresh, maybe Benson will come out quicker LOL.

Dunlap well that just really sucks, sounds like probably wont play. This so called minor injury just keeps hurting the d-line. Sounds like he fooled Marvin and told him he was ok, when he really wasnt.

In case you haven't noticed it, this forum is dead. Almost no one new comes here. Look at the last gameday thread. How many commenters have fewer than 1,000 posts?

Pretty much zip, right?

If I was looking for a place to talk Bengals football and found this place I'd run like hell. A dozen or so a**h***s (including me) arguing about s**t they can't understand because it all references crap that was said 5 years ago.

So, either we quit acting like a**h***s and open this place up again, or we tell B24 to quit wasting his money maintaining server space for a rotting corpse of a forum.

So... this is the biggest game of the season thus far, right? And what's happening at Bengalzone? Crickets and tumbleweeds.

Sure, the majority of the posts come from 1,000+ posters. But those 1,000+ posters are the same people who keep the place alive... and have enjoyed it as a warm and comfy home.

Now? Not so much.

Did the place need some tweaks in the moderation? Perhaps. It's possible that the path this board has taken over the last several years had finally reached a tipping point... but the current lack of activity seems like the result of the pendulum swinging too far in the opposite direction.

If you ask me... I'd imagine that strong opinions and impassioned debates are less likely to scare off a new person than a ghost town. And given the way this week has been around here... if I had a vote, it would be for B24 to quit wasting his money.

Just sayin'

Well i have been here for awhile now, and i have seen this place change a few times. This is the only bengals message board that i belong to and would hate to see it go. Its crazy i have seen some great people come and go, but i still enjoy the people that come here. So i for one hope this place stays around.

Pretty much zip, right?

Now? Not so much.

Just sayin'

Well i have been here for awhile now, and i have seen this place change a few times. This is the only bengals message board that i belong to and would hate to see it go. Its crazy i have seen some great people come and go, but i still enjoy the people that come here. So i for one hope this place stays around.

i did notice this long time ago, i even did say this 6 months ago, and quit this site because of that but after few month at another bengals forum, i decide i rather here better. which you would rather 10000 strangers, 80% of them morons or 100 members who you know very well and almost none of them is morons. i pick 2nd one ;)

Benson im guessing with his foot is not practicing, but have to believe that these will play. Just keeping these guys fresh, maybe Benson will come out quicker LOL.

Dunlap well that just really sucks, sounds like probably wont play. This so called minor injury just keeps hurting the d-line. Sounds like he fooled Marvin and told him he was ok, when he really wasnt.

Yeah, the expectation appears to be that Peko and Benson will play. Whatever is wrong with Ced's foot, it's described as "not serious." Dunlap looks like a scratch.

Clements showed up on the report today for the first time as limited by a hammy injury.

Crocker, Lee, Simpson and Sims were also limited.

And it was crickets and tumbleweeds before, too. What's missing the is the storm overhead, made up of tons of crap that had nothing to do with the game. Personally, I'm enjoying the weather.

Yeah, the expectation appears to be that Peko and Benson will play. Whatever is wrong with Ced's foot, it's described as "not serious." Dunlap looks like a scratch.

Clements showed up on the report today for the first time as limited by a hammy injury.

Crocker, Lee, Simpson and Sims were also limited.

I do hope Donald Lee goes this week, i dont know why but i like the fact of 2 really good catching TEs.

Im going to guess Dunlap will be the only big name scratch this week. I just hope Fanene steps up this week they need him bad!

My god, we are beat up. Damn.

Beat up or not, I still think the team will play well. The past three weeks they have shown they can come from behind and make 4th quarter VERY interesting!

I think they'll play well. I just don't think that with the injuries to the secondary and with Dunlap out that they match up well with the Steelers.

I've been wrong alot this season with this team. I hope I am wrong this Sunday.

And it was crickets and tumbleweeds before, too. What's missing the is the storm overhead, made up of tons of crap that had nothing to do with the game. Personally, I'm enjoying the weather.

I guess. Every time of late I put effort into a lenghty post laying out facts involved in a discussion, you all ended up closing the thread not too long thereafter. So, lesson passed along is...stop putting effort into posts because it will be wasted effort.

My god, we are beat up. Damn.

Beat up or not, I still think the team will play well. The past three weeks they have shown they can come from behind and make 4th quarter VERY interesting!

I think they'll play well. I just don't think that with the injuries to the secondary and with Dunlap out that they match up well with the Steelers.

I've been wrong alot this season with this team. I hope I am wrong this Sunday.

I'd feel better with Dunlap in there as well. Still, we managed to get 5 sacks against the Steelers without him last time, which should be enough.

I just want to see the team come out clicking from the first snap. I'm tired of watching them fall behind early and having to play catch up.

Honestly I don't expect a strong game from the defense on Sunday. Their only hope is to pressure Ben a lot, and I'm skeptical they can do enough of it to slow them down. That said, I still think the Bengals have a chance because of their improvements on the other side of the ball. I don't think it's inconceivable that they'll put up big yardage for a third straight week on a division opponent, mostly on the strength of Dalton's arm.

I feel like an idiot saying our rookie quarterback is our best hope to win in Pittsburgh, but Dalton has made many of us feel like idiots all year long (even those who wanted him drafted like myself).

I feel like we're in a position to do alot of hoping. Hoping that the d-line gets adequate rush consistently. Hoping that the secondary can play through their injuries.

I don't see us winning this game. However, if we lose it does not mean that the playoffs are out of the question or that we can't get healthy and beat the Steelers in the playoffs. If it were to come to that.

I guess. Every time of late I put effort into a lenghty post laying out facts involved in a discussion, you all ended up closing the thread not too long thereafter. So, lesson passed along is...stop putting effort into posts because it will be wasted effort.

Seconded.

I understand deleting a thread when it gets overheated or derailed. That will happen from time to time.

I don't understand deleting a thread simply because it is a controversial topic. I don't believe it is a moderator's job to determine what subjects are off the table... even if a particular subject has sparked a heated debate in the past.

Discussing differing opinions among fans of the same team is what most of us come here to do. So taking such aggressive measures to proactively avoid conflicts that have arisen in the past is not an acceptable solution. It's censorship... and it is neutering the board.