Bengals @ Steelers Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know any of those languages, so I am pondering the feasibility of - with it being Steelers week and all - communicating via images of largish female Steelers fans

Or i could go learn a new foreign language......

what to do, what to do.....hmm

He said "A light shines in the hour of our meeting" and I responded "You look kindly upon me".

It's definitely an important game in the division race, which essentially means to me that it might not really be that important. 7-5 with the remaining schedule would still leave the Bengals in a strong position for a playoff berth, and this year I don't really care whether it's on the road or at home. Still, the actual team is likely to pursue the division until they mathematically cannot, and will play as hard as they have all season.

I don't know any of those languages, so I am pondering the feasibility of - with it being Steelers week and all - communicating via images of largish female Steelers fans

He said "A light shines in the hour of our meeting" and I responded "You look kindly upon me".

Ah, so you want to forgo the images, then? :-)

Ah, so you want to forgo the images, then? :-)

Yes please. I'm all out of eye bleach.

It's definitely an important game in the division race, which essentially means to me that it might not really be that important. 7-5 with the remaining schedule would still leave the Bengals in a strong position for a playoff berth, and this year I don't really care whether it's on the road or at home. Still, the actual team is likely to pursue the division until they mathematically cannot, and will play as hard as they have all season.

We might make the playoffs anyway, but it sure would be nice to beat one of the big kids. I don't like that Buffalo and Tennessee are our high-point wins of the season.

Some Andy Dalton comeback trivia to chew on ahead of the game.

The 2011 Bengals have won a team record 5 games with a fourth quarter comeback

Andy Dalton’s 4th comeback win in the fourth quarter gives him the single-season Bengals’ record

Dalton ties Ben Roethlisberger and Vince Young for the most fourth quarter comebacks (4) in the regular season by a rookie (Roethlisberger has the record with 5 when including playoffs)

The 2011 Bengals become the 5th team in NFL history to win 3 games after trailing by 10+ points at halftime (1980 Chiefs, 1984 Patriots, 1986 Colts, 2011 Lions)

Some Andy Dalton comeback trivia to chew on ahead of the game.

The 2011 Bengals have won a team record 5 games with a fourth quarter comeback

Andy Dalton’s 4th comeback win in the fourth quarter gives him the single-season Bengals’ record

Dalton ties Ben Roethlisberger and Vince Young for the most fourth quarter comebacks (4) in the regular season by a rookie (Roethlisberger has the record with 5 when including playoffs)

The 2011 Bengals become the 5th team in NFL history to win 3 games after trailing by 10+ points at halftime (1980 Chiefs, 1984 Patriots, 1986 Colts, 2011 Lions)

Compare Daltons facial expressions and interaction with teammates on the sidelines when behind late in the game to those Palmer wore during relative times when he was here. Andy gets pissed, and I like that.

billy, good news bengals on tv again for us this sunday.

/>http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk13.html

here is funny story i live near to phoenix so i have bengals game, my brother who is dolphins fan live in coolridge which is about 30 min north of that miami game broadcast by tucson area, so he is pissed off ;)

here is funny story i live near to phoenix so i have bengals game, my brother who is dolphins fan live in coolridge which is about 30 min north of that miami game broadcast by tucson area, so he is pissed off ;)

If the Browns game is at 4pm the I assume the Bengals game will be on in Cleveland. Or maybe an infomercial. The506 got lazy with their CBS map combining early and late games into one map.

If the Browns game is at 4pm the I assume the Bengals game will be on in Cleveland. Or maybe an infomercial. The506 got lazy with their CBS map combining early and late games into one map.

This is Fox's week for a doubleheader. If you get the late game, you won't get an early game on CBS.

That's why there is only one map.

Bengals need a win here or they can forget about the division.

I think they get it. :sure:

It seems like most of the media is predicting the Jets to squeak past the Bengals into the playoffs... mostly because of an easy schedule, and the fact that the Bengals have 3 games remaining against teams tied for the best record in the AFC.

Given that fact... there is more than the division at stake here. I don't think the importance of this game can be overstated. The Bengals need to win this game.

They need this game to maintain a lead in the wild-card race. And while I think this team believes they are capable of beating the Steelers... I think they need to prove it to take the next step.

It's no longer enough to "be in the game in the 4th quarter." It's time to come out with a win

I agree that the number 1 player we need healthy is Dunlap.

Anyone have a source that lists snap count for the DL? Interested in what Michael Johnson has been doing since his 7 tackle game against Denver?

I know that through the first 9 games he had the most snaps of any player on the D-Line (averaging 46 snaps/game).

I believe he only played 18 snaps against Baltimore (he injured his shoulder early in the game, I think).

Not sure about yesterday. Kirk usually comes out with them on Tuesday.

The Defensive snap count has been posted.

It looks like MJ was mostly back, playing the majority of the snaps, but what really stood out to me is Geno Atkins.

Other than Dunlap, he has easily been the most productive player on the D-Line. The Browns game was no exception to that... despite being asked to play all but 8 snaps of the game (I imagine in large part because Sims got hurt).

He plays a position that tends to be significantly less appreciated than DE - but he has been an incredibly productive pass-rusher (he currently leads the NFL in sacks among DTs). Not only that... when the DE's do their job, QB's are not able to step up in the pocket because of him. He makes a freakish talent like Dunlap that much better.

Now he's showing the ability to be an every-down player, and it isn't negatively impacting his production. I wouldn't want to stir up the ire of Hair... but I'm starting to think that while Carlos Dunlap is one of the best in the entire NFL, he's not even the best D-Lineman on his own team.

Anyone have a source that lists snap count for the DL? Interested in what Michael Johnson has been doing since his 7 tackle game against Denver?

I know that through the first 9 games he had the most snaps of any player on the D-Line (averaging 46 snaps/game).

I believe he only played 18 snaps against Baltimore (he injured his shoulder early in the game, I think).

It looks like MJ was mostly back, playing the majority of the snaps, but what really stood out to me is Geno Atkins.

Other than Dunlap, he has easily been the most productive player on the D-Line. The Browns game was no exception to that... despite being asked to play all but 8 snaps of the game (I imagine in large part because Sims got hurt).

He plays a position that tends to be significantly less appreciated than DE - but he has been an incredibly productive pass-rusher (he currently leads the NFL in sacks among DTs). Not only that... when the DE's do their job, QB's are not able to step up in the pocket because of him. He makes a freakish talent like Dunlap that much better.

Now he's showing the ability to be an every-down player, and it isn't negatively impacting his production. I wouldn't want to stir up the ire of Hair... but I'm starting to think that while Carlos Dunlap is one of the best in the entire NFL, he's not even the best D-Lineman on his own team.

I also found it interesting that when Sims went out, Atkins took over the game. I didn't get to see it on TV so I don't know if he changed his position or just got more snaps. Either way, it should be interesting to see how much more Atkins can play Sunday. If he can continue to be successful in colapsing the pocket, the Bengals can be that much more effective against Ben.

If the Bengals are the only away team to win this week it would be a huge boost for a chance into the playoffs.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

Oakland @ Miami

NY Jets @ Washington

Indianapolis @ New England

Kansas City @ Chicago

Tennessee @ Buffalo

Baltimore @ Cleveland

Atlanta @ Houston

Denver @ Minnesota

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

Green Bay @ NY Giants

Dallas @ Arizona

St. Louis @ San Francisco

Eagles @ Seahawks

If the Bengals are the only away team to win this week it would be a huge boost for a chance into the playoffs.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

Oakland @ Miami

NY Jets @ Washington

Indianapolis @ New England

Kansas City @ Chicago

Tennessee @ Buffalo

Baltimore @ Cleveland

Atlanta @ Houston

Denver @ Minnesota

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

GreenBay @ NY Giants

Dallas @ Arizona

St. Louis @ San Francisco

Eagles @ Seahawks

I am a Minnesota, Cleveland, Buffalo, Washington, and Miami fan this week. I have 6 teams to root for.

yay me!! Should be a fun Sunday.

Bengals need a win here or they can forget about the division.

I think they get it. :sure:

It seems like most of the media is predicting the Jets to squeak past the Bengals into the playoffs... mostly because of an easy schedule, and the fact that the Bengals have 3 games remaining against teams tied for the best record in the AFC.

Given that fact... there is more than the division at stake here. I don't think the importance of this game can be overstated. The Bengals need to win this game.

They need this game to maintain a lead in the wild-card race. And while I think this team believes they are capable of beating the Steelers... I think they need to prove it to take the next step.

It's no longer enough to "be in the game in the 4th quarter." It's time to come out with a win

I agree. This is yet another huge game.

Beat up the bully in their own yard. Steelers are very beatable.

Yep sounds like Dunlap might miss another game, he was working on the side, but Hobson said he will probably miss this week again. That sucks would have loved to seen him play against the steelers. The defense in my eyes have been stuggling some, so they need to this week fix the problems they have been having, esp with the tackling!

It looks like MJ was mostly back, playing the majority of the snaps,

We'll see if it lasts. According to Reedy, Rucker has officially moved ahead of MJ on the depth chart at RDE.

Pacman has also been promoted ahead of Jennings at RCB.

It looks like MJ was mostly back, playing the majority of the snaps,

We'll see if it lasts. According to Reedy, Rucker has officially moved ahead of MJ on the depth chart at RDE.

Pacman has also been promoted ahead of Jennings at RCB.

Its funny when you read this, because of the rotation they will all play pretty much. I wonder why though, Rucker is playing pretty good, but i wonder if they like him better against the run. I just wanna know where Fanene is you dont hear his name called very much.

Jones ahead of Jennings i thought he already was!

I am concerned about our ability to cover the fast Steelers receivers if we are unable to harass Ben or get him on the ground a lot. Without Dunlap that will be more difficult. A few tipped passes and INTs in our favor this time will be the difference.

Offensively, I think Dalton and Gruden will be able to make some adjustments and have some success against this defense. I just hope it is enough this week.

Remember the magic number is 21. The Bengals have lost 19 straight games when they have given up 21 or more points.

I am concerned about our ability to cover the fast Steelers receivers if we are unable to harass Ben or get him on the ground a lot. Without Dunlap that will be more difficult. A few tipped passes and INTs in our favor this time will be the difference.

Offensively, I think Dalton and Gruden will be able to make some adjustments and have some success against this defense. I just hope it is enough this week.

Remember the magic number is 21. The Bengals have lost 19 straight games when they have given up 21 or more points.

Yep the defense needs to step up big time! They need to play these last few games like they have not played before and it starts this weekend. I know injuries are hurting this team, but i would love to see this defense get back to the physcial play i saw in the begining of the year. The last couple of games the defense seems to start very slow, its time they start fast, and let the offense score some points!