Santonio Holmes traded

Stripes

Holy s**t! The Steelers just traded Holmes to the Jets for a 5th round pick!

He and Braylon Edwards both face a 4 game suspension next year, so if the Bengals play them in the first MNF game, they won't have to face either of them...

But jeesh! A 5th round pick? He's a bit of a turd, but that's a steal for the Jets.

The Steelers are falling apart!

I love having Mike Tannenbaum as the GM. He is trying to put together a championship team. I just hope the locker room culture doesn't change. I have no question about the talent.

It's obvious your Mike is craftier than ours.

I love having Mike Tannenbaum as the GM. Cromartie, Edwards, and Holmes for a pair of 3's and a pair of 5's. He is trying to put together a championship team. I just hope the locker room culture doesn't change. I have no question about the talent.

Edwards is a good acquisition and getting Holmes for a fifth is a great value, but, if the Cromartie you have has the same mind set that he had with the Chargers, I wouldn't want him on the field.

This makes the taking of Dez Bryant suddenly less of an option, no chance he slides past the Steelers now that they sent Holmes to the Jets..

Actually if their trying to send a msg about bad character and diva players why would they turn around and draft another(not saying Dez is a bad guy but I just can't see them taking him though...)

Maybe Tate finds himself being the 1st WR in the draft?

Holy s**t! The Steelers just traded Holmes to the Jets for a 5th round pick!

He and Braylon Edwards both face a 4 game suspension next year, so if the Bengals play them in the first MNF game, they won't have to face either of them...

But jeesh! A 5th round pick? He's a bit of a turd, but that's a steal for the Jets.

The Steelers are falling apart!

Now I know what the other teams felt like when we traded Corey Dillon to the Patriots. This trade is worst in my opinion then the McNabb trade, if they traded Holmes for just a fifth round pick the Steelers need to be smacked. Fifth round pick and Leon Washington would make a little sense, but straight up fifth round pick is straight up dumb. They are the Steelers and not the Bengals so they won't get smashed in the media but this is one of the most one sided trades I have ever seen. I highly doubt that Pittsburgh is going to select Dez Bryant and if they do, it would still be a win situation in my book, just pick up Gresham and we would eat their sorry secondary up. They don't have a linebacker to cover the guy so that means Troy would have to lock on to him leaving Chad or Antonio with one on one coverage good luck on that. Gresham in my opinion would be more of a matchup nightmare then if we got Dez Bryant.

Funny how Steelers fans are already trying to make this seem like a smart move and how the Steelers don't put up with crap like that. They can put a positive spin on it all they want and while they are trying to keep things under control, giving up what was a 1st round guy and a Super Bowl MVP for a 5th round pick is f*cking stupid. 4 game suspension or not, it's dumb.

Another thing is, who is going to take the focus off of Ben the next time he rapes someone ??

This makes the taking of Dez Bryant suddenly less of an option, no chance he slides past the Steelers now that they sent Holmes to the Jets..

Good point. I never thought anything Holmes did was that serious, and wonder why they'd trade him for basically nothing, unless they are in some cap trouble, which for them is usually pretty mild and non-existent.

Bryant isn't a sure thing either and I'm not so sure this is the draft you want to blindly rely on for WR help early.

Holmes is a damn good WR though, better in the NFL thus far than I thought he'd be, I won't miss him for that reason, but it figures he goes to a team the Bengals' play right off the bat next year.

Yeah... Funny thing though, is that the Steelers are certainly going to be selling this as a move that proves they don't put up with players with character issues. But then, would they turn around and draft a guy in the 1st round with character red flags?

The real reason they did this is because he's out for 4 games, is one mistake away from being gone for the entire season, and he's already gone on record saying that he wants to test free agency next year. This was a business move where they were trying to get something instead of nothing.

The Steelers are just like everyone else... just don't tell that to their fans or the media.

Yeah... Funny thing though, is that the Steelers are certainly going to be selling this as a move that proves they don't put up with players with character issues.

Yeah, I find that funny. I mean, apparently you can rape as many women as you like, but there is zero tolerance for throwing a drink at them..

They weren't going to re-sign the guy after the season, and rather than just release him, they at least got something for him. But really? Only a 5th Rd pick? I think had they waited another week or so, they could have gotten more. He already talked/bribed another guy into saying he threw the drink not Santonio.....They should have gotten at least a 2nd or 3rd....What surpises me is they didn't even talk to the Raiders? Al Davis would have given them more.....Guaranteed !

• 3 weeks later...

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/sports-by-brooks

What a Douche !

What happened to all the "I realized I made mistakes, but that was the past I'm trying to be a better person" stuff?

Oh yeah, they just say that crap so they don't get bigger suspensions.

Apparently the dude didn't want to turn off his IPod before the plane took off.....Seriously? Were you THAT caught up in whatever song you were listening to? Have you never been on a commercial flight before?

I can see it now....

Santonio: Well, on all our flights on the Steelers private jet, they let me listen to my IPod anytime I want, I also confirmed with the Jets when they traded for me that they would allow me to do the same thing ! What makes you (Delta,American,United) So special? I was a SuperBowl MVP dammit ! Your a glorified waitress, now go pop me a bottle!