derekshank

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to admit it, but we're done today. :(

It was done in the first quarter when they couldnt get out of there own way. This was the worst i have seen the bengals all year, and it meant so much for this team to win, and they didnt even put up a fight. Im very disapointed!

1st Quarter? If I recall it was 0-0 at the end of the 1st.

Yea it was 0-0 but the team didnt show up today, all the penalties, it was one of the worst showings i have seen in awhile.

Palmer not even 100 yards passing today.

I'm not that upset by the loss. In fact, it may be good for them. We'll see.

I admire your patience and gree about the significance of this loss not being as dire as a loss next week would be. But we both know, this wasn't needed. We've been playing this way for weeks. Against a good team, we got what we deserved. Can't play the Lions or Browns every week. But hey, a chance at 11 wins or so - I'd have torn your arm off for that before the season began - never thought they'd be in that good a position.

Oh, I dunno. A swift boot to the a$$ can be good sometimes, and they got several today. It's not going to be pretty this coming week, and frankly I'd rather have an embarassed, ticked off team going into SD next Sunday than a squad feeling full of a Minny win.

This game was very important to Cincy

Actually, it wasn't. Of their last four games, this is easily the least important. It's an NFC game that has no bearing beyond the total won/loss record. The final 3 are all AFC games that will determine playoff seeding in the conference.

This.

This game was borderline useless win or loss. Even with a win today and a Chargers loss, next week would have been huge.

Frankly, I don't see them winning next week, and am hoping they take care of business against KC, so that game 17 in NY won't matter.

Is it me or can these recievers not get open. Palmer has no where to throw the ball.

We got no one at WR. TJ's gone, Henry's hurt, so we are let with Chad and a bunch of guys who have never been in my kitchen.

I have been defending the recievers all year, but after today im done man do they suck! Im sorry, but guys like pong, and shula are so right this offense is horrible. They can not score points even if they tried. Can any recievers get open, not all day. Heck does Carson even have 100 yards. What happend to the offense from the begining of the year, heck ill take that right now.

This game was very important to Cincy, and i guess now we see what kind of team we have when they play a good team.

A WR in the 1st? Maybe, let's see how we go in the playoffs first. Personally I'm all for upgrading the O-line again. Not kneejerk - this line has been penalty-ridden from day one with no signs of improvement. In fact, they might, and who would have thought it possible, be regressing. This many penalties in week 14 still - I'm going to go with players busting their tails and giving maximum effort but ultimately coming up short in the talent stakes - be it mental or physical.

Well even before season started Oline seemed reasonable on something we would look at early :| Bobbies a Free Agent and 33...

As for Wide Receiver seems quite reasonable right now but Carson still needs time to throw.

Frankly, I don't see them winning next week, and am hoping they take care of business against KC, so that game 17 in NY won't matter.

Ya but still would love to see team come back next week pissed off and end Rivers Hot Streak in December.

Crappy game, obviously. Contrary to what I am sure the naysayers on Bengalszone will be saying all week, the Bengals are better than that. The Vikings got their butts kicked and then rebounded. The Bengals are capable of the same. I just wish they didn't have to go straight out to San Diego. It doesn't get much tougher than that.

This game was very important to Cincy

Actually, it wasn't. Of their last four games, this is easily the least important. It's an NFC game that has no bearing beyond the total won/loss record. The final 3 are all AFC games that will determine playoff seeding in the conference.

This.

This game was borderline useless win or loss. Even with a win today and a Chargers loss, next week would have been huge.

yeah - we assume we have the division already - but until its concrete - I wont celebrate it.

We still own our own destiny for home field advantage no matter what sd does today.

Win out and its ours.

Even though that would be awesoem - i just want to see this team tighten their ship. penalties, mental errors - bad play calls. just get it better bengals. get more people healthy as well.

I admire your patience and gree about the significance of this loss not being as dire as a loss next week would be. But we both know, this wasn't needed. We've been playing this way for weeks. Against a good team, we got what we deserved. Can't play the Lions or Browns every week. But hey, a chance at 11 wins or so - I'd have torn your arm off for that before the season began - never thought they'd be in that good a position.

Oh, I dunno. A swift boot to the a$$ can be good sometimes, and they got several today. It's not going to be pretty this coming week, and frankly I'd rather have an embarassed, ticked off team going into SD next Sunday than a squad feeling full of a Minny win.

I hear you. I'm just not sure this team is capable of playing any differently, no matter how much they click their heels together and wish it. They've been sloppy all season. They should have been embarrassed all season long but they aren't because it's not like they're tanking. They're just a really sloppy group on offense and needed a ridiculously stout D to give them a chance to redeem themselves each week. Now the D is hurt and voilà - we lose a game quite convincingly.

The sky is falling threads will no doubt come though from the usual suspects.

Feeling very end-of-2006'ish right now....

Understandable concern, but the collapse that year was as much due to the schedule as it was the Bengals' failures. They had to play at Indy, at Denver, and against Pittsburgh, all three of whom were good teams.

Chargers, Chiefs, and Jets isn't quite as daunting a task.

Is it me or can these recievers not get open. Palmer has no where to throw the ball.

We got no one at WR. TJ's gone, Henry's hurt, so we are let with Chad and a bunch of guys who have never been in my kitchen.

I have been defending the recievers all year, but after today im done man do they suck! Im sorry, but guys like pong, and shula are so right this offense is horrible. They can not score points even if they tried. Can any recievers get open, not all day. Heck does Carson even have 100 yards. What happend to the offense from the begining of the year, heck ill take that right now.

This game was very important to Cincy, and i guess now we see what kind of team we have when they play a good team.

Exactly.

When you struggle really badly against really poor defenses, it actually DOES mean something. I means you are not very good.

Some people just aren't smart enough to realize it until they see what happens when you actually have to play a good team.

I will say it ONE FINAL TIME...

IF YOUR OFFENSE IS INCAPABLE OF SCORING MORE THAN 17 POINTS IN A GAME, YOU WILL NOT WIN A PLAYOFF GAME!!!

We have played 13 games, and this offense has scored 17 points or less in 11 of the 13.

Think about how unbelievably inept that is. Even the commentators said it. In this day and age if your offense can't score 20 points, you are woeful. That was exactly the word they used for the bengals offense this season. Woeful.

Man does this team miss TJ and Henry.....wow

No doubt, but Palmer could work with what he has, if he had any time to throw at all, or if his lineman weren't getting pushed directly back into him from all sides every passing down. It's more than just "crappy WR's." He's not being protected at all as the season wears on.

Difference with 2006 is the home game against the Chiefs. Lose that, and they would deserve to miss the playoffs, frankly.

They were TD underdogs today, they will be at least TD underdogs next week, neither of these games were they expected to win. And they sure didn't give any reasons to change expectations as that game unfolded today.

we lost because our offense flat out sucks. there is no reason to keep making the same mistakes over and over. then worst of all it's the same players week after week. there comes a point in time in every game where you might have to try something different. this team does not understand. they are bull headed and ignorant, and put themselves in terrible positions during games and wonder why they lost.

this game was very important, we win we are the north champs, we are in the playoffs, and it's a win against the type of teams we will face IF we make the playoffs. it's also was a chance to show we are a contender, all we showed is that we are not contenders more like pretenders.

then marvin, wtf? are you afraid to pull a player to make a point? are you man enough to tell your coaches to get their f**king act together. step up marv, be a man and get your team fixed! or are you going to fold down the stretch like you have just about every time we where in the hunt?

would not surprise me to see this team lose the rest of their game and not make the playoffs. i actually expect it.

Crappy game, obviously. Contrary to what I am sure the naysayers on Bengalszone will be saying all week, the Bengals are better than that. The Vikings got their butts kicked and then rebounded. The Bengals are capable of the same. I just wish they didn't have to go straight out to San Diego. It doesn't get much tougher than that.

I actually contest your assertion re being "better than that". When you commit 11 penalties, on the road, against a very very good opponent, then, no, you are not "better than that". You are what you are: A talented team that has limited offensive options and plays with poor discipline, committing an unspeakable volume of penalties.

Hard to believe it's just a coincidence that this offense tanked as soon as Slim got injured. He meant apparently everything to this offense. They have averaged only 16.8 pts a game since he got hurt. Just the threat of him and the deep ball made everything else click. Hard to believe this is the same team that scored 31 on GB and 45 on the Bears. They're simply not that team anymore. Too late now to change it, it is what it is. Bad plan going into the season with the lack of depth at the WR position, that I do put on Marvin and Mike.

Well, this team will likely limp into the playoffs, but they will limp right out of it regardless of who they play 1st round. You can't be this inept offensively for the entire 2nd half of the season and think it's going to be different come playoff time.

Offseason--needed: offensive lineman who can pass protect and burner WR's who can stretch the field. They're idiots if they don't snatch Gilyard 1st round if he's still available. Also safeties since they can't keep the starting 2 on the field and D-Backs for depth behind L-Hall and J-Jo. Final need: that Zimmer is still here as the D-Coordinator and not coaching another team.

Bratkowski needs to go...seriously, enough is enough...tired of saying it...

Yeah, that's the problem... :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with poor QB play, and so on...

Yeah, that's the problem. :rolleyes:

When Carson wasn't running for his life, he was searching frantically for open receivers who never appeared.