Cedric Benson is leading the NFL in rushing

BlainThePain

I wanted him re-signed, Didn't think it was going to happen though when he went on the FA tour. We had far bigger priorities that needed addressing in the draft for one thing and he did a good enough job, behind a ludicrous line last yr. What would have been the point in changing the RB?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ced is a very patient runner. Now that he has the blocking he can reach his full potential. Major Kudos to the team effort and Ced's patience and skills putting him on the top.

I find it highly amusing that after years of Cincy desperately trying to copy the Steeler/Ravens approach (strong D, strong run game) at the moment they appear to be turing that trick while at the same moment the Steelers/Ravens have apparently mirrored the former Bengals approach (throw it all over the place, less ball control, not as good a D).

The standings kinda reflect the change.

I'll come out and say that after the first game I was critical of Benson...and now I'll happily eat a plate of your finest crow!

yea i remember, i was wondering if you have changed your mind lol.

all of our backs deserve some credit. leonard has been huge late in games the fumble he jumped on how big was that? scott is getting better and showing he has some skills. benson is playing above and beyond what anybody expected. johnson even though he dropped a td he still is paving the way for these guy so he deserves a bone to. this is the best group of rb's this team has had in a long time. I just hope they keep it up! WHO DEY!!!

I humbly admit to being very doubtful about Benson. I think this offseason I called him a "solid backup", not greatly superior to Leonard, Scott, or Dorsey. I was unconvinced his success last season was enough to suggest he could really be a consistent starter.

I was the opposite of correct and couldn't be more pleased.

As far as what Chicago thinks, i think there happy with Forte, either way who cares i love him as a Bengal

Ya but they could have had both

Among the chatter I heard driving home, there wasn't much talk about Benson -- but Orton's performance in Denver was getting all sorts of WTFs? And there's a little second-guessing starting to appear.

Overall, my impression is that there is a dim realization dawning in Chicago that the Cincy game in two weeks might not be the walk in the park they expected...

As to Benson in the the offseason, heck, I recall being roundly laughed at for suggesting the Bengals use the franchise tag on him if necessary... :blink:

As far as what Chicago thinks, i think there happy with Forte, either way who cares i love him as a Bengal

Ya but they could have had both

Among the chatter I heard driving home, there wasn't much talk about Benson -- but Orton's performance in Denver was getting all sorts of WTFs? And there's a little second-guessing starting to appear.

Overall, my impression is that there is a dim realization dawning in Chicago that the Cincy game in two weeks might not be the walk in the park they expected...

As to Benson in the the offseason, heck, I recall being roundly laughed at for suggesting the Bengals use the franchise tag on him if necessary... :blink:

I would never laugh at you Hoosier!!!!!! :sure:

And with good reason you putz! We would have lost Shayne Graham otherwise. That's the season over right there.

:lol::lol::lol:

I find it highly amusing that after years of Cincy desperately trying to copy the Steeler/Ravens approach (strong D, strong run game) at the moment they appear to be turing that trick while at the same moment the Steelers/Ravens have apparently mirrored the former Bengals approach (throw it all over the place, less ball control, not as good a D).

The standings kinda reflect the change.

I think Marvin was correct in saying that this is truly his team. He must have finally gotten his message across to Mike Brown and Brat. I always sensed that he "went along" with the throw it first mentality but after last year's implosion he was able to show them the value of a solid running game and a dominating defense. Just because you have a great QB doesn't mean you have to throw on every play. Now you have that great QB having to make plays in the clutch rather on every single play. Having an above average power running back playing with a purpose and a defense and defensive coordinator that thinks like Marvin. It has taken a lot longer than he (and we) might have expected but this really does seem like Marvin's type of team.

It's official for this week!

1.Cedric Benson- 487

2.Adrian Peterson- 481

3.Steven Jackson- 451

4.Chris Johnson- 434

5.Ahmad Bradshaw- 375

sacks also,

1.Antwan Odom- 8.0

2.Elvis Dumervil- 8.0

3.Jared Allen- 6.5

4.James Harrison- 6.0

5.Dwight Freeney- 5.0

and Ints,

1.Darren Sharper- 5

2.Johnathan Joseph- 3

3.Sheldon Brown- 3

4.DeAngelo Hall- 3

5.Michael Huff- 3

sorry but it is not official for this week yet

dont forgot about ronnie brown tomorrow night, he need only 119 yards to beat benson and i am 95% sure he will.

119 yards vs the Jets? I don't see it happening.

How much you wanna bet he doesn't get over 70yds?

guess i was wrong but at least i did say i am 95% sure not 100%, while u are completely wrong ;)

1.Cedric Benson- 487

2.Adrian Peterson- 481

3.Steven Jackson- 451

4.Chris Johnson- 434

5.Ahmad Bradshaw- 375

sacks also,

1.Antwan Odom- 8.0

2.Elvis Dumervil- 8.0

3.Jared Allen- 6.5

4.James Harrison- 6.0

5.Dwight Freeney- 5.0

and Ints,

1.Darren Sharper- 5

2.Johnathan Joseph- 3

3.Sheldon Brown- 3

4.DeAngelo Hall- 3

5.Michael Huff- 3

dont forgot about ronnie brown tomorrow night, he need only 119 yards to beat benson and i am 95% sure he will.

guess i was wrong but at least i did say i am 95% sure not 100%, while u are completely wrong ;)

I think he ended up with 74 yards for the night.

Anybody else notice that Jeremi Johnson being back and healthy seems to have the running game right back where it was the last time he was playing healthy?

Can it be that lacking at FB was one of the reasons for sloppy running plays the past season?

Or maybe it is just good timing for him, he comes back with a better line and a better back.

Interesting article about Cedric. Read some of the comments after the article (see 2nd link provided below). There is some discussion of Bears players (Uhrlacher and Briggs) trying to hurt CB during practice because they didn't like him. How f**ked up is that?

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12352707

/>http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/thread/17667284

And the winner is......Cedric Benson

Bengals running back Cedric Benson is the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced Friday.Benson rushed 27 times for 120 yards and one touchdown in the Bengals 17-14 win over the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday. Benson became the first running back in 40 games to rush for at least 100 yards against the Ravens.

With Benson's win FedEx is making a $1,000 donation to the Safe Kids coalitions in Cincinnati to support pedestrian safety improvements. Safe Kids USA is a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children.

Thank you to all Bengals fans for your votes.

http://www.bengals.c...c4-4ad709df6eac

/>http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground&season=2009&seasonType=REG&week=5

1.Cedric Benson- 487

2.Adrian Peterson- 481

3.Steven Jackson- 451

4.Chris Johnson- 434

5.Ahmad Bradshaw- 375

sacks also,

1.Antwan Odom- 8.0

2.Elvis Dumervil- 8.0

3.Jared Allen- 6.5

4.James Harrison- 6.0

5.Dwight Freeney- 5.0

and Ints,

1.Darren Sharper- 5

2.Johnathan Joseph- 3

3.Sheldon Brown- 3

4.DeAngelo Hall- 3

5.Michael Huff- 3

I think he ended up with 74 yards for the night.

I was not completely wrong! Pretty damn close if you ask me! :P

Anybody else notice that Jeremi Johnson being back and healthy seems to have the running game right back where it was the last time he was playing healthy?

Can it be that lacking at FB was one of the reasons for sloppy running plays the past season?

Or maybe it is just good timing for him, he comes back with a better line and a better back.

This.

Jeremi's play has been the most overlooked aspect of the team so far this season, in part because his play doesn't show up in the box score. He is absolutely blowing up LBs every week and has been key on the blitz pickups all year long. I've never seen him playing as well as he is right now, with the only negative being a few drops here and there. He's even in great shape! As far as a pure blocker at FB, he might be the best in the business this year and he's the difference in the running game, especially with all the new starters along the offensive line.