Please Put Chris Henry In for Coles

Exacta

Why do we care about blocking when we are playing our toughest test all year on the road and there 1 WEAKNESS is the long ball. Throw the ball deep to Henry and Ocho.

What 30+ yard pass has Coles dropped that would help our Deep ball? I only remember him dropping short stuff like 5-10 yards?

My theory is that Marvin is trying to prove a point, and is being stubborn. He wants Henry to block, tackle on int's, and do all of the "little things". He's in a corner now, because he forgot he needs receptions which Coles hasn't excelled in. I think it should be Henry and Ocho on the outside with Coles in the slot.

& Chase your own player down just incase he fumbles it (cough coats) so you can make a play on it...Coles gives 110% no matter where the ball is and Caldwell is same way hence why he jumped henry...that even in preseason they were doing this type of stuff.

Another reason they aren't going to play Chris Henry is money. If they use him sparingly this season then he can resign him on the cheap next year. If Coles doesn't work out they can cut him in the uncapped year and not suffer to badly. If they cut Coles then they can make Henry the number 2 and make Caldwell the slot and they do it at a very cheap price.

We still have to pay the guaranteed money so I doubt we cut him unless he has sub 500 yard season.

Why? You don't Cedric Benson is 4th in the league in rushing with us having no deep success and a thrown together Oline. We don't even have our number 1 pick and this guy is not far behind AP who is running behind 2 of the best Olinemen in the league

no doubt who thought Cedric would be 4th leading rusher at this point?That's with horrible runs coming from right side! ^_^

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coles caught two 4th down passes from Carson in the Steelers game to keep plays alive, he has been great at blocking, and he is a guy who puts the team first before himself, he dosnt want to be noticed or needs to be noticed. He is a great player for this team, he is a player that i wish would have been here for awhile now, and the WR should all look up to him. He will get it toghter and put up yards, i dont know if they will be huge, but he will win games for this team.

The problem is the offense isnt all there yet, they are very inconsistant, and that needs to change. Palmer has been up and down, and throws so stupid ints that he never used to throw before. The o-line has been very good in giving him time to throw the ball, and i think they can only get better.

Another reason they aren't going to play Chris Henry is money. If they use him sparingly this season then he can resign him on the cheap next year. If Coles doesn't work out they can cut him in the uncapped year and not suffer to badly. If they cut Coles then they can make Henry the number 2 and make Caldwell the slot and they do it at a very cheap price.

That's what I was saying.. MB is a genius. NOT. This is the type of s**t that makes our players hate to play here. What kind of example does this set? Everyone (on the team) knows Henry is a beast. They HAVE to do a better job of getting him the ball!!

Look fellas, it's Katie Blackburn on the grassy knoll!

If you guys think there is a plan, sent down from the FO to the OC, to limit Cheech's touches so they can resign him cheaply, you're brains are scrambled. Seriously, can you point to one shred of evidence supporting this claim? Any quote from anyone who has contact with the team to support this claim?

As has been pointed out, Coles is the more complete player. I love seeing the Bengals use Henry where they can, but I also love that they aren't going to marry their offense to a guy with his track record. He could be gone in one night out at the club.

That's what I was saying.. MB is a genius. NOT. This is the type of s**t that makes our players hate to play here. What kind of example does this set? Everyone (on the team) knows Henry is a beast. They HAVE to do a better job of getting him the ball!!

Look fellas, it's Katie Blackburn on the grassy knoll!

If you guys think there is a plan, sent down from the FO to the OC, to limit Cheech's touches so they can resign him cheaply, you're brains are scrambled. Seriously, can you point to one shred of evidence supporting this claim? Any quote from anyone who has contact with the team to support this claim?

As has been pointed out, Coles is the more complete player. I love seeing the Bengals use Henry where they can, but I also love that they aren't going to marry their offense to a guy with his track record. He could be gone in one night out at the club.

I am not saying that is what is happening, but it is a possibility. I think the main reason they aren't playing him much is because they are going to a lot less 4 receiver sets because of the amount of running they are doing. Caldwell is a much better underneath receiver out of the slot than Henry which is what the offense is geared towards right now. You have to admit though, it makes sense to limit a persons playing time as a owner to avoid having to pay him more than you should. Look at the Browns, they go to a guy that is throwing 3 picks in a half so they don't have to pay Brady Quinn.

The problem is the offense isnt all there yet, they are very inconsistant, and that needs to change. Palmer has been up and down, and throws so stupid ints that he never used to throw before. The o-line has been very good in giving him time to throw the ball, and i think they can only get better.

Stupid INT's has been a problem for Carson for a long time, even early in his career it seemed he would push balls into double and triple coverage in the Red-Zone and give up an INT, instead of throw it away and take the three points. He has become better in the Red-Zone, but now he seems to be forcing the ball into the WR's hands, when the drop down reads are open. He still needs to improve his vision of the TE's routes and the RB/FB swing pass and the hot routes. It has been so long since that has been a concern going against the Bengals that those routes are usually wide open and still do not get any love from Palmer.

Dunno, can't say a guy who's been sacked 9 times already for 62 yards has "very good" pass protection. And a RB who has only come close to 100 yards rushing once in 4 games doesn't exactly speak highly of the o-line either. He's a rushing leader so far because of one skewed game vs GB. Otherwise he's right at about 74-76 yards a game, and is the only one getting the carries for the most part.

Ever since the deterioration of the o-line after 2005/6, the offense has been out of synch. The Bengals' have simply not done enough in the off-season to fix it.

The standards seem pretty low here for them, understandably, but sadly. Because you see Carson with time to throw twice out of every 5-7 attempts, don't let it shock you, I know we've become accustomed to him getting brutalized, but that is a minimum standard for other teams.

Defenses know they can bring the house against the o-line here and severly affect this offense, ecspecially when you have a statue for a QB. Even the lowly Browns shut them down most of the game. And it's not just Carson making bad decisions, the o-line is racking up penalties left and right every week, WR's are dropping passes thrown right to them, routes are still off, etc..,

Where the play fakes and mis-direction and roll-out plays went after last week's 1st drive is beyond me. It's like Brat blew his wad after that and went back to the status quo, or more likely it was a planned 1st drive.

It's easy to put all the blame on the most visible guy with the ball, but it's not just him, and to skip over all the other problems is short-sighted and shows a lack of knowledge.

Dunno, can't say a guy who's been sacked 9 times already for 62 yards has "very good" pass protection. And a RB who has only come close to 100 yards rushing once in 4 games doesn't exactly speak highly of the o-line either.

On pace for 36 Sacks which would be middle of the league,Also Collins who you said you want at left tackle has given up what 4 of those sacks?

So hopefully that changes once Andre the Pancake house Smith starts ^_^

Let's face it...none of our WRs have put up impressive numbers so far or really made any big plays. The WRs on this tam are not the problem so far. They are all very capable. The biggest problem has been our QBs inability to get the ball downfield to the WRs and allowing them to make plays.

So you would rather have Palmer throwing deep into 2-deep coverage all the time? There's been no throws downfield because three out of the four teams we've played this year have played us 2 deep. Green Bay didn't and that was the offense's best game. Brat probably won't figure that out until like.......Week 10.

Let's face it...none of our WRs have put up impressive numbers so far or really made any big plays. The WRs on this tam are not the problem so far. They are all very capable. The biggest problem has been our QBs inability to get the ball downfield to the WRs and allowing them to make plays.

So you would rather have Palmer throwing deep into 2-deep coverage all the time? There's been no throws downfield because three out of the four teams we've played this year have played us 2 deep. Green Bay didn't and that was the offense's best game. Brat probably won't figure that out until like.......Week 10.

It's true. But the problem isn't just Brat here. As much of a Palmer homer I can be, I think he too often decides where the ball is going pre-snap.

Peyton Manning doesn't give a damn when teams play two deep. It means that the middle of the field is open... and if they're playing Tampa-2, then screen passes and short routes chill that s**t out really quick.

How much of that is play-calling? Perhaps a lot... but I've been happy with the number of screens the team runs. Also, it could be that Dallas Clark doesn't play for the Bengals. But it seems to me like Palmer forces the ball to his WRs a little too often when he ought to check down. If he drove the entire field with check downs just once, the D would be forced to adjust, and then the deep ball would be open.

But again, it could just be that this team's talent is far too reliant on the WR position, and Palmer doesn't feel he can trust his check-downs like Manning does.

I don't think it is an issue between Henry and Coles. The WR who replaces Coles would be Caldwell. I just don't think Henry can play that tough slot WR. I do think Henry needs to be used at WR because he would require over the top safety help, which in return should open things up.

I think there is a reason why Henry isn't playing that much. I think it has to do more with his practicing than it does his production.

I think there is a reason why Henry isn't playing that much.

He also can't run full speed due to a hamstring injury. They haven't talked about it much, but I remember how he couldn't get free on a couple post patterns a couple weeks ago, and the Bengals admitted Henry could run and cut but he couldn't go all out at a dead sprint.

this is coles 5th game ever playing with carson. the fact is coles and carson will probaly not click until late in the season. as for henry, marvin does not trust henry. marvin has been on henry all season and it started when herny had piss poor effort after his man intercepted the ball. coles is a damn good player, he runs great route blocks and has made some very big catches against the steeler and the browns. coles is still trying to find his place in this offense, when he does his play will only improve. look at caldwell last season he made some plays but really was not that great, now look at him. yea he had a fumble but he is playing way better than last season. it takes time and 4 games is not enough time.

then shula as much as you diss this o-line, every player we replaced was a upgrade to the players that started last season on the o-line. this is a new group that played 4 games. give them some time gel and get sugar tits in the mix.

Coles hasnt dropped any 30 yd passes because he can't beat anyone 30yds downfield. The only reason Henry is not in the game is because of his injury. They said he is 100 percent now. Guarantee he gets a td and or at least 7 receptions sunday. Gigantic beast. Carson already loves him the guy knows how to get open better than anyone.

Coles hasnt dropped any 30 yd passes because he can't beat anyone 30yds downfield. The only reason Henry is not in the game is because of his injury. They said he is 100 percent now. Guarantee he gets a td and or at least 7 receptions sunday. Gigantic beast. Carson already loves him the guy knows how to get open better than anyone.

I'm not much of a betting man... but your guarantee makes it hard to pass up. What would you put on that guarantee of a TD and 7 receptions?

this is coles 5th game ever playing with carson. the fact is coles and carson will probaly not click until late in the season. as for henry, marvin does not trust henry. marvin has been on henry all season and it started when herny had piss poor effort after his man intercepted the ball. coles is a damn good player, he runs great route blocks and has made some very big catches against the steeler and the browns. coles is still trying to find his place in this offense, when he does his play will only improve. look at caldwell last season he made some plays but really was not that great, now look at him. yea he had a fumble but he is playing way better than last season. it takes time and 4 games is not enough time.

then shula as much as you diss this o-line, every player we replaced was a upgrade to the players that started last season on the o-line. this is a new group that played 4 games. give them some time gel and get sugar tits in the mix.

It doesnt matter if it is in football or other aspects of life, if you can get some "sugar tits" involved count me as happy.

Beast ?? Carson loves him ?? Can get open better than anyone ??

Are you Henry's agent ?? If not, might I suggest a career change...

I like Henry as much as the next guy (which is mixed) and hope to see him stay out of trouble and with the Bengals, but you have to call it what it is at this point and that is, the occasional shot at making a play. I'm hoping for more from him as well and would really like to see Chad, Henry, and Coles on the field at the same time as opposed to Henry strictly replacing Coles.

Coles is the consumate pro and to attempt to take that away from him is just silly. If not for his heady play to this point, this team is 2-2 at best. Henry can't begin to make a claim of that nature, but here's to hoping he will sooner rather than later...

But the problem isn't just Brat here. As much of a Palmer homer I can be, I think he too often decides where the ball is going pre-snap.

Despite his reputation as a fair haired golden boy, or perhaps because of it, Carson Palmer has always taken his share of unfair criticism, IMHO. But one of the few legit faults in Palmer's game is his habit of carrying out a called play under any conditions. He's not, and has never been, an impromptu playmaker, and he's not the guy you want under center if you know a broken play is coming. In fact, the most suprising thing about Palmer's game winning 15-yard scramble against Pittsburgh isn't that he talked Marvin Lewis into going for it on 4th down, but how, after finding the play covered, Palmer took off running....instead of forcing one more throw. And as amazing as that was I now read how even then he was responding to a coaches remark made earlier in the game about how much running room Pittsburgh was giving him if he could shake out of the pocket.

But it seems to me like Palmer forces the ball to his WRs a little too often when he ought to check down. If he drove the entire field with check downs just once, the D would be forced to adjust, and then the deep ball would be open.

Palmer promised he'd check down more often this season, and I'd have to say he's done just that. In fact, after watching the Pittsburgh and Cleveland games you could argue the offensive gameplans against those teams were built almost completely around checkdowns to TE's, RB's, and short field options like Coles and Caldwell.....most of whom are either new to the team or unproven.

But again, it could just be that this team's talent is far too reliant on the WR position, and Palmer doesn't feel he can trust his check-downs like Manning does.

Well, there's the rub. Most of the Bengals offensive weapons are either unproven...(Too many to list)....or unreliable.(Chad, Henry, etc.)But despite these things Palmer doesn't seem to have trust issues with anyone on the roster. In fact, he has shown far greater support for Henry and Chad than I could muster, and he's already demonstrated a willingness to make the likes of Brian Leonard and Bubba Caldwell into game winning stars. Best, those players have grasped and taken advantage of the opportunities given instead of misplaying them, as the Glen Holts and Chris Perrys of the world once did.

I'm not much of a betting man... but your guarantee makes it hard to pass up. What would you put on that guarantee of a TD and 7 receptions?

Well, he did say a TD or 7 receptions, right?

Frankly, I doubt any of us would be suprised to see Henry catch a TD pass, but by the same token I imagine posters will line up to take any bet based upon Henry catching 7 balls in anything but a preseason game.

NO I am not a Henry agent but yes I know that Coles has played for the Jets for so many years where he got totally banged up and jet fans could not wait for his release. You have to be blind if you did not see the 20yd catch the Henry made in the 4th quarter last week. The guy is the perfect target. I have yet to see the man drop a ball. Contrary to what the perception is some people to change and he has made major strides as a person. There is ZERO chance he will not be the #2 WR this week or the next. The only thing that limited his plays was his injury not his blocking not his contract. Watch and see what happens.

How about that 73 yds Chris Henry. What a beast! Nostradamus said so.

Cause he was held pass interference and still made the grab. Goodbye Coles. Chris Henry in every play.