Please Put Chris Henry In for Coles

Exacta

Does anybody agree that Chris Henry needs to be in 5x more than he has been. Coles drops passes almost every game.

Henry is a gigantic target and will be a tremendous asset to the Bengals. Please get SLIM in. He is no doubt at worst the #2 best WR on our team.

Coles must have banged up hands. If Henry does not play more we are in big trouble against the Ravens.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think when healthy he will be used more than Coles? Am I crazy or have you seen Coles drop a bunch?

I know he made some key plays but I think Carson is money on those late drives and he places the ball perfectly almost every time.

Henry can add such an extra dimension to that offense. Hope he gets better quick I have never seen a target like that ever in the NFL.

No, Coles has been pretty unimpressive so far. But I think the guy who gets more snaps if he keeps struggling is Caldwell.

For whatever reason Coles is just not syncing up with Palmer on pass plays. I believe if Houshmandzadeh would have stayed in Cincinnati, both parties would have benefitted, because he hasn't done squat in Seattle.

Matter of time before Coles costs us big. He is banged up been in the league forever. Henry is going to emerge sooner than later.

Also to bad Brad St.Louis is not as good as his website. http://www.bradstlouis.com/

Coles is here b/c he is the ultimate pro! He has had a rough start so far, but I have nothing but faith in him that he'll turn it around! Henry has been hurt and is a freak, but has not shown any reasons that he should start with injury, inconsistent play and lack of effort, most recently in the Browns game when he didn't even make an attempt for the long ball. I agree that if Coles continues to struggle, which I find unlikely, Andre Caldwell will be the first to replace him.

Coles is here b/c he is the ultimate pro! He has had a rough start so far, but I have nothing but faith in him that he'll turn it around! Henry has been hurt and is a freak, but has not shown any reasons that he should start with injury, inconsistent play and lack of effort, most recently in the Browns game when he didn't even make an attempt for the long ball. I agree that if Coles continues to struggle, which I find unlikely, Andre Caldwell will be the first to replace him.

I, too, feel that Coles has been slow to get in tune with Carson. Keeping in mind Carson sat most of pre-season, this is now the end of pre-season for the two. If the struggles continue, then there will be quite a bit more Caldwell and probably more Henry, they could even mix some Cosby in the slot if they needed. Coles drops are what concerns methe most. If the ball hits the WR in the hands, they've got to catch the ball.

The Bengals are not a team that "pulls" or "benches" a player very often, so when we saw Perry get yanked last year, or Collins getting rotated with Roland this year, the player is stuggling mightily. For a guy as high-profile as Coles, it does not seem fitting with the Bengals approach that we will see him phased out unless he really botches it.

Let's face it...none of our WRs have put up impressive numbers so far or really made any big plays. The WRs on this tam are not the problem so far. They are all very capable. The biggest problem has been our QBs inability to get the ball downfield to the WRs and allowing them to make plays.

Well the way to beat Baltimore this year is with the long ball so let's hope we see the talent this week. They have one of the worst pass defenses. I feel Henry is going to have a career game and open it up for Ocho as well. Bengals are gonna shock the world again this week.

Different animal this time i can feel it. Get your head together Henry in week 6 there will be a lot of "SLIM" chants in Cinncy.

Offense is just inept in general ya Coles hasn't been producing when it comes to receiving but he's had huge roles in blocking and not giving up on plays (see coats fumble)...I would like see more yards out of him and i'm sure they'll come before season is over but it's not like he isn't do anything...Look at his blocking on Cedrics TD run vs the Steelers.

Thats great he is blocking but i would take a henry over him every day of the week. I saw Coles drop 2 huge third down plays at critical points that where right in his hands. Guy is shot. wouldnt be a #3 on any team. Matter of time before he is out of the picture.

I think Coles will be okay. Even when he's not quite in sync with Palmer I think he has a bit more to offer than Henry all-around. He'll certainly put forth better effort as a blocker. If any large portion of Palmer's inconsistency can be attributed to his missing the preseason and so much time in 2008, I think most of Coles' struggles can be attributed to playing in a new offense with a rusty quarterback. The two ought to pick it up together. Coles has just been too consistent for too long to give up on him after four football games in which none of the receivers has really done much of anything.

Thats great he is blocking but i would take a henry over him every day of the week. I saw Coles drop 2 huge third down plays at critical points that where right in his hands. Guy is shot. wouldnt be a #3 on any team. Matter of time before he is out of the picture.

I'll have Disagree if were truly run first time because Henry can come in on Multiple WR sets or 3rd downmBut on Running downs I'll take coles.... I like Henrys big play ability but how many of his plays come off multiple WR sets? vs two WR sets? we don't know if he'd have same production vs him coming in on 3 & 4 wr sets because its just too much for teams to cover.

PS,Once again pretty sure alot teams be happy with him as 3# because it doesn't look like Carson has lost faith in him relying on him to make the 4th down catch... I guess Chad is toast too after only having 20 yards vs browns because we did throw the ball his way like 15 times.

2nd & 3rd WR's hes beating so he could be 3# on other teams :P

Chris Chambers 68 2# WR

Joey Galloway 67 3# WR

Deion Branch 62 3# WR

Eddie Royal 58 2# WR

Jeremy Maclin 43 2# WR ( 3 games)

Dennis Northcutt 42 3# WR

Mike Thomas 41 3# WR

Domenik Hixon 23 2# WR

Sinorice Moss 18 3# WR

So he could catch on atleast as 3# ^_^

Thank you guys. Interesting to hear everyone's take on the situation. I guess if Henry steps up that will be a great plus. Team is showing heart and it's different than anything I have seen in a long time. Really confident Carson is going to have a monster day and just do not be surprised when Chris Henry has 2-3 td's.

I have to disagree with puttign Henry in for Coles. Yes, Coles hasnt been great with the hands so far this year. But with this team playing the grind it out style, all the little things Coles does are invaluable to the team. Chirs Henry is one of the best big play threats in the nfl, but he struggles in so many other aspects. This is why Coles was brought in, and this is why Caldwell has jumped him in the depth chart. They are just better fits for what the team needs to do right now. Just my opinion though.

My theory is that Marvin is trying to prove a point, and is being stubborn. He wants Henry to block, tackle on int's, and do all of the "little things". He's in a corner now, because he forgot he needs receptions which Coles hasn't excelled in. I think it should be Henry and Ocho on the outside with Coles in the slot.

Let's face it...none of our WRs have put up impressive numbers so far or really made any big plays. The WRs on this tam are not the problem so far. They are all very capable. The biggest problem has been our QBs inability to get the ball downfield to the WRs and allowing them to make plays.

Sorry Joe but you're way off here... Carson's protection has been decent so I'm sure your not blaming the o-line for part of the reason why he can't get the ball downfield?? The reason Palmer can't get the ball down the field (and it's not Brats fault either becuase he is calling for the long ball) is because the opposing defenses (Denver, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh) have done an excellent job of covering these routes. Carson said it himself, the plays are just NOT there. Carson's doing a good job of protecting the ball and not forcing anything downfield.

I have faith in Brat and Palmer to get the ball deep to Chad and Henry and to look for it a couple times a game.

As far as Henry goes.. I'm all for getting him more PT. Somethings not right here. All the time he spent in the offseason with Palmer working on their timing and flying out to Cali.. For what? Why is he not getting more PT? I don't get it. Maybe it's because this is his contract season. He'll get a HUGE payday if he gets big numbers??

Does anybody agree that Chris Henry needs to be in 5x more than he has been. Coles drops passes almost every game.

Henry is a gigantic target and will be a tremendous asset to the Bengals. Please get SLIM in. He is no doubt at worst the #2 best WR on our team.

Coles must have banged up hands. If Henry does not play more we are in big trouble against the Ravens.

Something your not thinking about is the quality of blocker that Coles is. I agree that he is underachieving as a pass catcher, but by who's standards? He isn't going to put up TJ numbers which is good because the team has 4 viable WR options as opposed to two now. Also, everyones numbers are down due to the inconsistency in the pass game. Coles is blocking and blocking well and opening up holes for Ced.

Another reason they aren't going to play Chris Henry is money. If they use him sparingly this season then he can resign him on the cheap next year. If Coles doesn't work out they can cut him in the uncapped year and not suffer to badly. If they cut Coles then they can make Henry the number 2 and make Caldwell the slot and they do it at a very cheap price.

Another reason they aren't going to play Chris Henry is money. If they use him sparingly this season then he can resign him on the cheap next year. If Coles doesn't work out they can cut him in the uncapped year and not suffer to badly. If they cut Coles then they can make Henry the number 2 and make Caldwell the slot and they do it at a very cheap price.

That's what I was saying.. MB is a genius. NOT. This is the type of s**t that makes our players hate to play here. What kind of example does this set? Everyone (on the team) knows Henry is a beast. They HAVE to do a better job of getting him the ball!!

Why do we care about blocking when we are playing our toughest test all year on the road and there 1 WEAKNESS is the long ball. Throw the ball deep to Henry and Ocho. I am sure Ocho maybe chirping in Lewis's ear that Henry is not all that preventing him from getting more involved.

The guy doesn't need to block when he can beat every single Ravens secondary 10x over. The Long ball will open things up and we won't have to come back in the 4th quarter every game. This team is better than we think but they need to exploit there strength especially against the 21st ranked pass defense.

Why do we care about blocking when we are playing our toughest test all year on the road and there 1 WEAKNESS is the long ball. Throw the ball deep to Henry and Ocho. I am sure Ocho maybe chirping in Lewis's ear that Henry is not all that preventing him from getting more involved.

The guy doesn't need to block when he can beat every single Ravens secondary 10x over. The Long ball will open things up and we won't have to come back in the 4th quarter every game. This team is better than we think but they need to exploit there strength especially against the 21st ranked pass defense.

Why? You don't Cedric Benson is 4th in the league in rushing with us having no deep success and a thrown together Oline. We don't even have our number 1 pick and this guy is not far behind AP who is running behind 2 of the best Olinemen in the league