This is the game that launches the Bengals

walzav29

Ahhhh, here it is.

I wandered to the Zone this morning specifically looking for a "Bengals Will Beat the Steelers" thread, and if there wasn't one to be found....I was going to start the freaking thread myself.

Bengals 24

Steelers 20

the key to beating the steelers is going to be getting pressure on the hamburgler and palmer. Im pretty sure we are going to have to beat them by passing, and Im looking for palmers 3rd game to be the one where he gets his swagger back. He looked ok against greenbay but im still waiting to see drives like that last one against denver, where he just eats yardage.

I still maintain that we are dwelling in the past. The Bengals will win this game. Not easily of course, but the Steelers are gonna slip this season. This is a huge game among the players and I think Zimmer is licking his chops to show just ho physical this team is. 81 Defense finished 12th and 88 they finished 15th. The Bengals will be top 10 by the end of the season. Just watch this offense as they gel. Playoffs people.

Polamalu's absense (if he is indeed out) could really impact whether we look to set up the pass first or run first this week. Looking at the Colts/Dolphins game last night you see the impact (the absense of) a safety like Bob Sanders had in the lopsided time of posession and 200+ yards on the ground for the Dolphins. I really think we should focus on carrying over our strong running game as a way to open up more play action/flea flicker-type trickery this week. Hopefully Brat has saved one or two such plays for this matchup...

The next three games will determine whether this team is a contender or a pretender. We need to win all of these games to compete for the division championship and I think we have a great shot against Pittsburgh this week. Pittsburgh's running game is looking pretty weak and our run defense is looking pretty strong save for defending the QBs (both Orton and Rodgers gashed us pretty good). Polamalu out has really hurt the Pittsburgh defense and their corners are definately suspect. If we can run the ball even at a respectable clip (75-80 yards on 20 carries) we should be able to beat the Steelers. If we can't beat the Browns (even if it is in Cleveland) we should just pack it in. Baltimore looks great in its first two games but their defense looks like it might be getting slow they are certainly giving up yards and points at a level they haven't been before and while their offense looks superb so does our defense. It is interesting to note that while we are eleventh in the league in yards per game, take out the one fluke 87 yard TD we are third at a 262.5 yard per game clip.

Our fans need to be loud.

The next three games will determine whether this team is a contender or a pretender. We need to win all of these games to compete for the division championship and I think we have a great shot against Pittsburgh this week. Pittsburgh's running game is looking pretty weak and our run defense is looking pretty strong save for defending the QBs (both Orton and Rodgers gashed us pretty good). Polamalu out has really hurt the Pittsburgh defense and their corners are definately suspect. If we can run the ball even at a respectable clip (75-80 yards on 20 carries) we should be able to beat the Steelers. If we can't beat the Browns (even if it is in Cleveland) we should just pack it in. Baltimore looks great in its first two games but their defense looks like it might be getting slow they are certainly giving up yards and points at a level they haven't been before and while their offense looks superb so does our defense. It is interesting to note that while we are eleventh in the league in yards per game, take out the one fluke 87 yard TD we are third at a 262.5 yard per game clip.

Our fans need to be loud.

Heck, take away GB last two drives where we were just giving them yards in lieu of time off the clock. During the meat of the games our defense has pretty much shut GB and Denver down. (really need to learn how to close a game - - i can believe GB had a shot to tie it.)

Ill do my part at the stadium. I probably wont have a voice on Monday. I really hope I am not surrounded by black and yellow.

Browns are easily beatable and Baltimore is just a different team right now. (hard to gauge)

Ill do my part at the stadium. I probably wont have a voice on Monday. I really hope I am not surrounded by black and yellow.

Browns are easily beatable and Baltimore is just a different team right now. (hard to gauge)

If we win you'll be glad there's black and yellow around you. Live it up and put those bastards in their place!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree it's a huge game. I was just saying as far as it being a great opportunity or even more huge because it's at home, I wouldn't get my hopes up since the bengals are better on the road than at home.

How are the Bengals a better road team? Since Marvin Lewis took over the team the Bengals have posted a 27-21-1 record at home, and after the Green Bay game they have posted a 20-29 away record. Now the Bengals do traditionally play Pittburgh better away from home, but overall they are a better home team.

Don't bother the mighty Joe Wrong with facts!!

You still wanty to argue with me?

By the way, here's what Carson Palmer had to say just today...

“We’re definitely a better team on the road. We enjoy playing on the road,” he said. “I personally love playing on the road. Different stadium, different atmosphere.”

Now a month later, people are finally figuring out that I am right. Joe Pong is always a step ahead...

I agree it's a huge game. I was just saying as far as it being a great opportunity or even more huge because it's at home, I wouldn't get my hopes up since the bengals are better on the road than at home.

How are the Bengals a better road team? Since Marvin Lewis took over the team the Bengals have posted a 27-21-1 record at home, and after the Green Bay game they have posted a 20-29 away record. Now the Bengals do traditionally play Pittburgh better away from home, but overall they are a better home team.

"We're definitely a better team on the road. We enjoy playing on the road," he said. "I personally love playing on the road. Different stadium, different atmosphere."

Now a month later, people are finally figuring out that I am right. Joe Pong is always a step ahead...

You offered no support for your random guess. I even defended your suggestion lightly, but your conduct now is just ridiculous. You've been dead wrong on so many other comments that your insane need to constantly point at an early season trend supporting one of your claims is quite silly.

“We’re definitely a better team on the road. We enjoy playing on the road,” he said. “I personally love playing on the road. Different stadium, different atmosphere.”

I guess Palmer dosnt like playing in front of his home crowd, but i will admit they are so much better on the road, which is just weird.

Hmmm...and what's the very next sentence in that article...?

"Still, Palmer is 19-15 as a starter at Paul Brown Stadium and 17-20 on the road ..."

Yup, so much better on the road...:lol:

Hmmm...and what's the very next sentence in that article...?

"Still, Palmer is 19-15 as a starter at Paul Brown Stadium and 17-20 on the road ..."

Yup, so much better on the road... :lol:

Nonsense, facts don't get in the way of Joe Wrong's idiocy.

your claims is quite silly.

His claims are silly, and completely AWESOME! Joe Pong, keep up the good work buddy! I'm putting you up for "Most Frenzied Iconoclast on Bengalszone." This just in, you won!

Hopefully your brilliance will ooze up to the front office and, per your frequent opining on these boards, this franchise can finally get rid of the anchor that's been holding it back all these years, useless old Carson Palmer.

your claims is quite silly.

His claims are silly, and completely AWESOME! Joe Pong, keep up the good work buddy! I'm putting you up for "Most Frenzied Iconoclast on Bengalszone." This just in, you won!

Hopefully your brilliance will ooze up to the front office and, per your frequent opining on these boards, this franchise can finally get rid of the anchor that's been holding it back all these years, useless old Carson Palmer.

It is indeed ironic, Ponger, that you support your claim that the Bengals play better on the road through a quote by that same QB that you proclaimed (much more loudly BTW) to be terrible since 2005. Nice work, your shotgun opinionating was bound to provide a slightly accurate statement one day that you could point back to. Sadly, not everyone has forgotten all of your other bizarrely incorrect takes so easily. I do believe you're now qualified to start a blog or something. May I suggest a page title -- "One Right Doesn't Make a Pong."