Michael Johnson agrees on terms

Kazkal

/>http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=1156174&posted=1#post1156174

I guess Torro is his father,Now that MJ is done they can put full intention on Andre and get his arse in camp>_<

Damn Kaz, you've got to update your sig on that site.

"Please draft Alex Mack"

:lmao:

Lol Ya I left it just so people didn't think I jumped on the Andre bandwagon after we drafted him.....

PS,Bengals.com actually posted it before all the other sites amazing! ^_^

Hellz yeah.

I think this draft could be one of those drafts that could catipult us into something special. A draft that comes to mind is the Cards draft that brought in Dansby and Dockett in the same season!

...and keep in mind who we drafted instead of Dansby that year - one hint - he's now fleeing City of Wyoming tax authorities on overdue property tax payments, and if it weren't for Kijana carter, might well be the greatest bust at RB the Bengals have every had

(we also took the illustrious Keiwan Ratliff instead of Dockett, and the immortal Caleb Miller instead of TE Chris Cooley, just prior to selecting DT Mathias Askew (the steal of the draft) and OT Stacey Andrews (me wanna play wid big bubba waaaaah) instead of DE Jared Allen)

Hellz yeah.

I think this draft could be one of those drafts that could catipult us into something special. A draft that comes to mind is the Cards draft that brought in Dansby and Dockett in the same season!

...and keep in mind who we drafted instead of Dansby that year - one hint - he's now fleeing City of Wyoming tax authorities on overdue property tax payments, and if it weren't for Kijana carter, might well be the greatest bust at RB the Bengals have every had

(we also took the illustrious Keiwan Ratliff instead of Dockett, and the immortal Caleb Miller instead of TE Chris Cooley, just prior to selecting DT Mathias Askew (the steal of the draft) and OT Stacey Andrews (me wanna play wid big bubba waaaaah) instead of DE Jared Allen)

Don't remind us of one of the most horrendous picks in the Bengals draft history. I was livid at the announcement of the choice of Chris Perry in 2004! The draft of 2009 brought me nothing but satisfaction. Solid impact players were landed, needs were addressed, and what I feel as great value/potential players chosen in the later rounds only added to my approval.

and now Andre Smith should sign around - ooooHHHH - week 4 or so, just late enough to be utterly useless to us this year yet as a free bonus also ruining the cap and wasting a valuable roster spot

Him being late is NOT as big a deal as usual. He's playing the same position he has always played. He can roll into camp after pre-season week 3 and probably be ready for snaps by the opener.

and now Andre Smith should sign around - ooooHHHH - week 4 or so, just late enough to be utterly useless to us this year yet as a free bonus also ruining the cap and wasting a valuable roster spot

Him being late is NOT as big a deal as usual. He's playing the same position he has always played. He can roll into camp after pre-season week 3 and probably be ready for snaps by the opener.

He actually has been a LT in college if I remember correctly so he will be out of position at RT!

He won't be able to just step in at RT in the NFL without a training camp or preseason under his belt. He played LT in college.

That said a hold out was expected by him, but he needs to be in camp by week 2 or 3 at the latest. The o-line is the most unsettled and weakest group on this team (nothing new).

I think Collins can hold his own, but if they want to score points and control the clock, Smith is needed badly.

Whether or not he is ready to go first game of the season is all down to Smith and his agent. I'm happy enough with Collins so that if he is late in to camp then the first couple of games goes to Collins and maybe more than just the first couple of games if Collins takes the opportunity with both hands. Rarely do rookie tackles, no matter how high they were taken or talented become immediately dominant at the level they were in college at the NFL level so meh.

You wanna play Andre, tell your agent to hurry it along a little.

He won't be able to just step in at RT in the NFL without a training camp or preseason under his belt.

Yea, I'm reminded of an all-pro left tackle for the Bengals who sat out training camp one year. Then when he yammered on about how ready he was, they put him into a real game and Jared Allen began taking the commuter lane directly to Palmer. I guess linemen do need the reps, so I hope he doesn't miss more than two weeks. What was that ESPN over/under number?

Hellz yeah.

Hindsight is wonderful,isn't it? You were onto Jared Allen before anyone else? Darnell Dockett and Karlos Dansby? The overrated mainstays of a second-rate defense in Arizona.Why are you still whining about past drafts?

Honestly, this is the first year in many where I wasn't as concerned about getting a player into camp. Smith needs to get in, but Collins can hold his own until that happens. Had Maualuga and Johnson not signed, I wouldn't have been that upset either as neither is slotted as a starter at this point and would have been (and still may be) situational at best.

I'm glad we don't have to worry about more than we thought we were thinking, but once again, the worry wasn't ever there for me to start.

Things will be ok sooner rather than later in my opinion.

What was that ESPN over/under number?

Thirty-five.

My optimism for Smith's signing is dimming. With Al Davis setting the market the way he did, and with Keels trumpeting that contract on his twitter, I think we're in for a long wait. The blind homer in me still takes the under.

Honestly, this is the first year in many where I wasn't as concerned about getting a player into camp. Smith needs to get in, but Collins can hold his own until that happens. Had Maualuga and Johnson not signed, I wouldn't have been that upset either as neither is slotted as a starter at this point and would have been (and still may be) situational at best.

I'm glad we don't have to worry about more than we thought we were thinking, but once again, the worry wasn't ever there for me to start.

Things will be ok sooner rather than later in my opinion.

The way I see it, there was a lot of upside to getting Johnson and Maualuga in on time but not a lot of risk had they not made it (since they're probably situational players at this point).

But they did.

So for the first time since at least 2005 there are now several major wildcards out there on our Defense who could have a HUGE impact on our team this season: the two rooks, and to a somewhat lesser degree, free agents Tank Johnson and Roy Williams. I'm stoked! :cheers: