Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Yes, I will create a new thread specifically for the Mock Draft.

Great idea to leave this one up as the area to discuss the picks that were made.

The "Official Mock Draft Thread" will be for the sole purpose of making your pick and giving whatever rationale you wish. Anyone that chooses to comment about if they liked the pick or not should continue here in this thread. If your comments get moved from the "Official", don't get all twisted up...

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Mock Draft thread is up and running. RedsBengalsBucks is on the clock, but has some extra time since I posted mine early.

If the draft goes the way it is going their is a chance that Jason Smith could drop to us. Cleveland and KC won't take a LT so it all depends on the Seahawks if the Lions choose to pass on a tackle. I think their is a chance that they would take Crabtree or Sanchez over Smith which would make him drop to us at number 6 which would be awesome considering some have him going number one overall.

I don't see ANY scenario that would indicate the Lions take an OT over Stafford. It just doesn't make any bit of sense. Me personally, I think the Seahawks will take an OT, but that's just me. Sanchez would be a great option, but they have to ensure that line is able to protect whoever is throwing the ball. (Sounds familiar huh?) Anyway, I think they will still be in position next year to take a QB from a very deep class.

I don't see ANY scenario that would indicate the Lions take an OT over Stafford. It just doesn't make any bit of sense. Me personally, I think the Seahawks will take an OT, but that's just me. Sanchez would be a great option, but they have to ensure that line is able to protect whoever is throwing the ball. (Sounds familiar huh?) Anyway, I think they will still be in position next year to take a QB from a very deep class.

You should make some kind of Big Board based off who is picked and who is left in the draft. Maybe include the top 60 players and cross them off as they are picked. Just an idea!

You should make some kind of Big Board based off who is picked and who is left in the draft. Maybe include the top 60 players and cross them off as they are picked. Just an idea!

On second thought, there are two many differing opinions on who is in the top 32 from what I've been able to research, so I will leave it as is and let the people making the pick decide for themselves. Me posting anything would just be my opinion on top of everyone elses.

On second thought, there are two many differing opinions on who is in the top 32 from what I've been able to research, so I will leave it as is and let the people making the pick decide for themselves. Me posting anything would just be my opinion on top of everyone elses.

ESPN has build your own mockdraft on their and they list the top 60 I think. You should check that out, that is where I got the idea!

TOP 32 PLAYERS: (Please don't debate this)

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

the seahawks pick sanchez... interesting. i like the move though. walter jones is still a very strong LT (pro bowler in fact), and hasselbeck has been having some injury problems. now let's see what cleveland does...

Iagree that the trade scenarios may begin right there with the Bengals at #6 come draft day, but no trades for our Mock...

It just gets to confusing and the mock gets out of hand and unrealistic.

The advantage of being #6 and in front of Al Davis this year is the possibility of trades. If someone (Philly? Denver? pats?) has a trade offer, it should be discussed on it's merits, just like the players.

Sanchez at 4?? When they have HBeck for atleast 3 more years and Senaca for another 5? I think that was a terrible pick. They need help everywhere but QB.

I actually think it is an excellent pick and I wouldn't be upset with that if I was a Seahawks fan. The only thing is in real life I hope they pass on him which will almost guarantee that we trade down and pick up and extra second rounder!

I also like the Crabtree pick, with the way the draft has gone so far I think the pick has to be Orakpo. I just don't see us passing on him unless Mikey loves Jason Smith and the Hype that surrounds him. The way the draft has gone in here would be outstanding because we have the choice of Smith and Orakpo who could easily go in the top 5. We could trade down to Oakland and take whoever they don't want!

The New England Patriots call the Bengals, offering thier 1st (#23), 2a (#34), and 2c (#58) for Cincinnati's #6. After discussions, they also cough up a 6th round pick. Takers???

(NOTE: If you're adding up the "Trade Value Chart" pooints, please also take the time to add up the salaries & cap hits . . . it's a good deal)

The New England Patriots call the Bengals, offering thier 1st (#23), 2a (#34), and 2c (#58) for Cincinnati's #6. After discussions, they also cough up a 6th round pick. Takers???

(NOTE: If you're adding up the "Trade Value Chart" pooints, please also take the time to add up the salaries & cap hits . . . it's a good deal)

And just exactly who is New England targeting at #6 ?

Sanchez at 4?? When they have HBeck for atleast 3 more years and Senaca for another 5? I think that was a terrible pick. They need help everywhere but QB.

I actually like the Sanchez pick and see it as a good move for the Seahawks. Hasselbeck is 33 and has been injured and Seneca Wallace may eventually be a top-flight backup, but I don't see him as a starter for 16 (or maybe even 18) games at his size. It's really a perfect situation for Sanchez, who'll learn for behind 2 veterans before he takes over in year 2. The Seahawks can still get a quality OT in round 2 and maybe even a guy like Britton, if they trade up to the bottom of the 1st.