Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Sanchez at 4?? When they have HBeck for atleast 3 more years and Senaca for another 5? I think that was a terrible pick. They need help everywhere but QB.

I actually like the Sanchez pick and see it as a good move for the Seahawks. Hasselbeck is 33 and has been injured and Seneca Wallace may eventually be a top-flight backup, but I don't see him as a starter for 16 (or maybe even 18) games at his size. It's really a perfect situation for Sanchez, who'll learn for behind 2 veterans before he takes over in year 2. The Seahawks can still get a quality OT in round 2 and maybe even a guy like Britton, if they trade up to the bottom of the 1st.

They said that about Matt Schaub... The guy wins games when hes in and you still say he's only a quality back up.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

technically, shaub's the starter for the texans, even more so with rosencopter gone. wallace will never be a starting QB in the NFL (if only because he saves a roster spot by doubling as WR :D).

While I do agree with you on the WR thing and he isn't that good you are wrong on the Shaub thing. He was referring to him when he was Mike Vicks backup in Atlanta. The funny thing is that they traded him and like two months later all this crap with Vick went down. Could you imagine how the Texans would have felt had they traded all that for Vick and then he went to prison? That would go down as the top 3 worst trades of all time!

Apparently the #6 Bengals pick is holding up the mock draft....Hair picks at 7 and I do at 8.....when is anyone going to decide on #6?

Checking in for the millionth time. No pick has been made at 6# in the most official of threads and I'm shutting it down. I don't know if the worlds waiting on me or if I'm waiting on the world, but whenever the proper time finally comes around.....my pick for the Raiders is BJ Raji.

Pimp, you're up. Or maybe not.

Apparently the #6 Bengals pick is holding up the mock draft....Hair picks at 7 and I do at 8.....when is anyone going to decide on #6?

Checking in for the millionth time. No pick has been made at 6# in the most official of threads and I'm shutting it down.

The fact is ArmyBengal has had a death in his family and is currently making travel plans back to Cincy to attend services. That's why there has been a delay. In hopes of getting things back on line, I'll step in here and go on the results of the forum poll for the Bengals pick at #6.

I just hope I don't f**k up what he intended.

The New England Patriots call the Bengals, offering thier 1st (#23), 2a (#34), and 2c (#58) for Cincinnati's #6. After discussions, they also cough up a 6th round pick. Takers???

(NOTE: If you're adding up the "Trade Value Chart" points, please also take the time to add up the salaries & cap hits . . . it's a good deal)

And just exactly who is New England targeting at #6 ?

Raji is a hero in New England, and possibly the most dominating player since Warren Sapp to come out of college. His top target is Cincy / Oakland / Jax; and is gone by Green Bay. Denver will be on the phone to idiot Mikey for the chance to legitimize their 3-4; but New England is smart enough to forestall them.

that's ridiculous. the patriots have no such glaring need that they would trade away those picks for our #6.

they didn't have a glaring need last year, and hopped way up to #10 for Jarod Mayo...they get who yjey want!!!

BOTTOM LINE: I'm sure idiot Mikey will pass on the deal, 'cause . . . . he's an idiot. However, IMHO, this is EXACTLY the kind of deal we need to make to become competitive. At 23, 34, 38, 57, 68, and 98, we can miss on one or two and still solve alot of problems.

Our cap hit and salary is LESS than a number 6 and other 'standard' picks, and we could end up with a top LB, a top OC, a very good OT, a great RB, a very good DE, and a great WR...not necessaeily in that order.

I guarantee you, if the Bengals draft 6th, it's only because they turned down a fantastic offer form at least 4 teams....including Denver, Green Bay, Packers, Philly, New England, etc.

The New England Patriots call the Bengals, offering thier 1st (#23), 2a (#34), and 2c (#58) for Cincinnati's #6. After discussions, they also cough up a 6th round pick. Takers???

(NOTE: If you're adding up the "Trade Value Chart" points, please also take the time to add up the salaries & cap hits . . . it's a good deal)

And just exactly who is New England targeting at #6 ?

Raji

Hmm. Hadn't thought about him before. Most people talk about Sanchez and Crabtree being the reasons people trade up. But now that you bring it up... Raji is in that area too.

I'm not sure how willing a team will be to trade up to get him given his recent positive test. It's one thing to take a guy when he falls to you. It's another to trade up to get him. But... it does seem like the #6 slot is breaking down to be a prime target for trade rumors.

Unlike in past years, if the Bengals want to trade down, they will likely have their opportunity to do so.

I guarantee you, if the Bengals draft 6th, it's only because they turned down a fantastic offer form at least 4 teams....including Denver, Green Bay, Packers, Philly, New England, etc.

I'm not sure I'm tracking with you here. I don't know why a trade offer from any of these teams will be "fantastic." They will likely merely add up to be fair deals when you look at the value chart.

If the Bengals choose not to trade the pick, it will be because they think whatever player they want at #6 will help the team more than what they could likely get from the extra picks being offered.

I'm not ready to label Mike Brown an idiot for turning down a trade offer that has yet to come... and cannot be proven to be a deal that should be taken.

(Everyone points to the Akili Smith situation. Yes... he was the worst pick ever, but there were 3 other very successful teams that turned down Ditka's trade offer... so the reason it was stupid was because of Akili, not because Mike Brown turned it down)

I'm not sure I'm tracking with you here. I don't know why a trade offer from any of these teams will be "fantastic." They will likely merely add up to be fair deals when you look at the value chart.

If the Bengals choose not to trade the pick, it will be because they think whatever player they want at #6 will help the team more than what they could likely get from the extra picks being offered.

I'm not ready to label Mike Brown an idiot for turning down a trade offer that has yet to come... and cannot be proven to be a deal that should be taken.

(Everyone points to the Akili Smith situation. Yes... he was the worst pick ever, but there were 3 other very successful teams that turned down Ditka's trade offer... so the reason it was stupid was because of Akili, not because Mike Brown turned it down)

We need to hope that Sanchez drops or Jacksonville falls in love with one of the receivers. If Cleveland in fact takes Crabtree, Jacksonville could look to leap Oakland to grab Maclin. I'm reading more and more how the Bengals love Andre Smith and Oher with the edge going to Andre, so maybe he's the pick. I think it's a win-win for the Bengals but a trade down would be nice, especially if it means getting another 3rd or better and still possibly taking Oher or Raji.

I'm not ready to label Mike Brown an idiot ...

Sorry, Derek, that ship has already sailed. :D

Think about it...we have alot of needs (OT, DE, OC, LB, RB, FB, and depth at DB and elsewhere)

Our track record isn't very good on draft picks, high or low (50%? less?)

We'll have teams clamoring for Sanchez/Raji/Orakpo/Everette/Crabtree/M.Oher or whoever. Nobody wants to trade with Al Davis, and Jax has NEVER moved down...only up.

Our major needs (OT, OC, DE, ILB, backup RB, develop a WR) are attainable throughout day 1.

We are NOT just a player or two away from the promised land...let's fix this bad boy and win some games!!! If we lose 100 "trade value points", we'll gain in less salary and less cap hit and more quality alternatives.

As I've said befoRe... TRADE DOWN !!!

It's a good year to need an OT or OC or RB...let's get 'em all !!!

I'm reading more and more how the Bengals love Andre Smith and Oher with the edge going to Andre, so maybe he's the pick. I think it's a win-win for the Bengals but a trade down would be nice, especially if it means getting another 3rd or better and still possibly taking Oher or Raji.

Who knows how far Andre Smith will drop if the Bengals don't take him? He could go to the Jags at #8 or the Packers at #9... but if they both pass... he could conceivably fall to #20. It's very likely that one of the two (Smith and Oher) will be there at around #18... and why I'd be in favor of a Broncos trade if offered.

Yeah... who doesn't love a good quote out of context?

Interesting that the teams with the most 1st round busts are as follows.

Bears -- 8

Lions -- 8

Eagles -- 8

49ers -- 7

Broncos -- 7

Cardinals -- 6

Patriots -- 6

Rams -- 6

Redskins -- 6

The Bengals must not be THAT awful.

I'm not sure how willing a team will be to trade up to get him given his recent positive test.

Warren Sapp tested positive for marijuana....twice. So did alot of members of this board. :grass::smoke:

or so I assume.....

Yeah... who doesn't love a good quote out of context?

Interesting that the teams with the most 1st round busts are as follows.

Bears -- 8

Lions -- 8

Eagles -- 8

49ers -- 7

Broncos -- 7

Cardinals -- 6

Patriots -- 6

Rams -- 6

Redskins -- 6

The Bengals must not be THAT awful.

C'mon, man! Defending the Bengals draft record is like defending W's presidency....there weren't any glaring failures (since Akili), but taken as a whole it sucked.

Look at it from the other side....how many all-pro caliber players have they grabbed? How many solid starters after the 4th round?

Based on recent history, I'd rather have 5 picks 20 - 75 than a top 10, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

Sorry for such a delay in the action guys but as Billy said, we had a death and I just got finished getting things together so we can make the drive home tomorrow evening.

I, as you all know, am thrilled with the Andre Smith pick at #6. What I don't know is, if Jason Smith is there would the Bengals take the chance on Andre over Jason ?? I'm about half and half on what they would do. I still don't think Orakpo would be the pick if he was sitting there. Just my line of thought with how the organization is speaking of what Tank will do to help the DE's get to the QB. Agree or disagree, but that's how I'm viewing it at this point in time.

At first I was thinking Seattle would be taking OT all the way in the first, but I'm now of the line of thought they actually do take Sanchez in order to groom behind Hasselbeck and then take the best OT left with their pick in the second round.

Oh yeah, thanks to Billy for taking care of the pick and getting this thing back on track !!!

Sorry for such a delay in the action guys but as Billy said, we had a death and I just got finished getting things together so we can make the drive home tomorrow evening.

ARMY: :feelbetter: I'm sure I speak for everybody here...we're sorry for your loss. Obviously, let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Look at it from the other side....how many all-pro caliber players have they grabbed? How many solid starters after the 4th round?

I'd say their record on solid starters after the 4th round is comparable with most other teams. It's rare.

As far as all-pro caliber players? Well... injuries and suspensions are a bitch. But other than Chris Perry, the talent has been there.

Based on recent history, I'd rather have 5 picks 20 - 75 than a top 10, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

What recent history? The last time they traded down, it was to get Chris Perry. And what did they do with the extra picks? Keiwan Ratliff and Mathias Askew. I'd say that is a clear reason not to trade down. Historically, teams that trade up are the ones that benefit the most, because they are making a move to get a specific player they like, rather than taking whatever player that falls to them.

That said, I'm in favor of making a trade because of the situation they are in. But I'm not tracking with your reasoning.

ARMY: :feelbetter: I'm sure I speak for everybody here...we're sorry for your loss. Obviously, let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Thanks, I appreciate it !!! The only thing I would ask is for everyone to just relax and be patient when it comes to the picks. The other mods are going to fill in where they can, but I was the one spearheading this, so please bear with guys. I will be checking in when I can.

Please remember to shoot the guy drafting after you a PM when you have made your pick. I think that helps.

UPDATED...

TOP 32 PLAYERS: (Please don't debate this)

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

What recent history? The last time they traded down, it was to get Chris Perry. And what did they do with the extra picks? Keiwan Ratliff and Mathias Askew. I'd say that is a clear reason not to trade down. Historically, teams that trade up are the ones that benefit the most, because they are making a move to get a specific player they like, rather than taking whatever player that falls to them.

That said, I'm in favor of making a trade because of the situation they are in. But I'm not tracking with your reasoning.

Well, obviously, if they trade down, it would be in their best interest to have us in their war room to help them make picks. :P

I really believe that idiot-Mikey & marvin's biggest problem, besides the lack of a decent scouting department, has been their total lack of patience. They seem to reach for players that have a 50-50 chance (or better) of being there when they pick again (Simpson, , Rucker, irons, the whole damn 2004 draft).

Perhaps, if they have a pick every HALF round, they'll pick a BPA or two and let the draft come to them !?!?!?! Nah...no way...I forgot who I was talking about!

TRADE DOWN !!! :beatdeadhorse:

Well, obviously, if they trade down, it would be in their best interest to have us in their war room to help them make picks. :P

I really believe that idiot-Mikey & marvin's biggest problem, besides the lack of a decent scouting department, has been their total lack of patience. They seem to reach for players that have a 50-50 chance (or better) of being there when they pick again (Simpson, , Rucker, irons, the whole damn 2004 draft).

Perhaps, if they have a pick every HALF round, they'll pick a BPA or two and let the draft come to them !?!?!?! Nah...no way...I forgot who I was talking about!

TRADE DOWN !!! :beatdeadhorse:

You need to take Simpson off your list because he wouldn't have made it out of the second round.