Mock Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they miss out on a player expecting them to fall ala Ko Simpson who mikey asked Jjoe about him.

Ah yes. Ko Simpson. A fan favorite on these boards to be the Bengals 1st round pick. Then when he fell to them in the 2nd round, it gave many a huge erection, only to be softened by the Bengals passing on him. When he fell to their pick in the 3rd round, many ejaculated... but prematurely as the Bengals passed on him again.

Frankly, if he was anything like what most of the fans around here thought of him, he would have been drafted well before his actual draft slot in the 4th round. It seems though that some still haven't forgotten about their shattered wet dreams.

I loved the idea of drafting ko though I don't think it was in the 1st...with that being said I'm completely happy that we didn't take him because I really like what we have at safety maybe no probowlers but good players who will be apart of a good defense hopefully...

Corey Lynch-Seems like Marvin has a hard on for the guy he has the last name now only if he can become that player!

Kryies Hebert-Is a stud special teamer with swagger I'm more happy with giving the guy roster spot even if he doesn't even play defense that much...

Chinedum Ndukwe Houch of the Defense I'm more then happy with him as our starting Strong Safety...

Chris Crocker-Scrappy came off the street but you couldn't tell with his play hopefully he can keep it up this year..

Marvin White-I'm guessing Crocker beat's him out for starting Free safety but I don't wanna give up on the guy just continue to develop him I liked his confidence...

UPDATED...

TOP 32 PLAYERS: (Please don't debate this)

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

I'm not sure how willing a team will be to trade up to get him given his recent positive test.

Warren Sapp tested positive for marijuana....twice. So did alot of members of this board. :grass::smoke:

or so I assume.....

Guilty.

I'm not sure how willing a team will be to trade up to get him given his recent positive test.

Warren Sapp tested positive for marijuana....twice. So did alot of members of this board. :grass::smoke:

or so I assume.....

Guilty.

Also theres no way Orakpo would still be on the board at 8. Bengals would have taken Orakpo at 6 if he landed there. You always lok for the BPA for your needs..we need OT just as much as DE and the best DE is still there and the best OT is not.

or so I assume.....

Guilty.

Also theres no way Orakpo would still be on the board at 8. Bengals would have taken Orakpo at 6 if he landed there. You always lok for the BPA for your needs..we need OT just as much as DE and the best DE is still there and the best OT is not.

By your opinion or mine ?? The best defensive end is still on the board and "by me" the best OT is as well. What is the greater need ?? While I agree that developing a pass rush is a DEFINITE need of the team, you have to consider what the team has done to this point AND how they view that move. They brought in Tank Johnson and quickly made the point that by doing so will help the DE's we currently have get to the QB and bring the pass rush. What we don't have is any stability on the O-line outside of Whit and Williams. The rest is a bunch of hopes and dreams that things come together.

Once again, Andre Smith was FOR A VERY LONG TIME considered the best player in the draft let alone his position. I've seen VERY little to suggest otherwise...

or so I assume.....

Guilty.

By your opinion or mine ?? The best defensive end is still on the board and "by me" the best OT is as well. What is the greater need ?? While I agree that developing a pass rush is a DEFINITE need of the team, you have to consider what the team has done to this point AND how they view that move. They brought in Tank Johnson and quickly made the point that by doing so will help the DE's we currently have get to the QB and bring the pass rush. What we don't have is any stability on the O-line outside of Whit and Williams. The rest is a bunch of hopes and dreams that things come together.

Once again, Andre Smith was FOR A VERY LONG TIME considered the best player in the draft let alone his position. I've seen VERY little to suggest otherwise...

By the NFL's opinion lol. Also Tank Johnson will be a sole 3rd down DT. He isn't that good anymore. my proof is right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdrYKrZBbdg

Also Fitz seemed to do just fine with Collins at OT, and we could grab a OT in the 2nd round that would do just fine aswell.

You...you just dont pass on a man that can bench 500 pounds and can still run around just as good as he can throw you to the ground!!!

EDIT: and further proof...when ORakpo BEATS Andre SMith plkay after play after play after play....you dont take Smith over Orakpo..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTelDHwUwY

EDIT: and further proof...when ORakpo BEATS Andre SMith plkay after play after play after play....you dont take Smith over Orakpo..

That wasn't Smith. That was Phil Loadholt of Oklahoma. Orakpo and Smith never matched up this season... but if they had, I'll bet you Orakpo would have gone sackless.

or so I assume.....

Guilty.

By the NFL's opinion lol. Also Tank Johnson will be a sole 3rd down DT. He isn't that good anymore. my proof is right here:

Also Fitz seemed to do just fine with Collins at OT, and we could grab a OT in the 2nd round that would do just fine aswell.

You...you just dont pass on a man that can bench 500 pounds and can still run around just as good as he can throw you to the ground!!!

You mean the SAME NFL opinion that had Andre Smith as the best overall player for months on end ?? How many times has Orakpo been put in that category ?? Here you go, NEVER !!! Once again, it doesn't matter what you or I think about the players, only what the organization feels about them and regardless of your opinion of Tank, the COACHES FEEL he will be the piece of the d-line that will assist our current DE's in getting to the QB.

I could less if he can walk through the mall with a Yugo hanging out of his ass, what does he bring on the field ?? While I love Orakpo, he's not as dominating at his position as Andre Smith is at his. That's not my opinion, that is fact as game tape doesn't lie.

Derek already covered the fact that it wasn't Smith Orakpo was beating, so add his argument to this as well...

UPDATED...

TOP 32 PLAYERS: (Please don't debate this)

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

or so I assume.....

Guilty.

You mean the SAME NFL opinion that had Andre Smith as the best overall player for months on end ?? How many times has Orakpo been put in that category ?? Here you go, NEVER !!! Once again, it doesn't matter what you or I think about the players, only what the organization feels about them and regardless of your opinion of Tank, the COACHES FEEL he will be the piece of the d-line that will assist our current DE's in getting to the QB.

I could less if he can walk through the mall with a Yugo hanging out of his ass, what does he bring on the field ?? While I love Orakpo, he's not as dominating at his position as Andre Smith is at his. That's not my opinion, that is fact as game tape doesn't lie.

Derek already covered the fact that it wasn't Smith Orakpo was beating, so add his argument to this as well...

I stand corrected.

Also i realized it was OU and not Alabama just after i put it on here.

I personally don't see Orakpo as a major upgrade at DE over Geathers or Odom and although I would've liked Raji, I think that Tank has what it takes to give us some push from the DT position on passing downs. As far as Orakpo goes, the Bengals have over 63 million dollars tied into their current starting defensive ends and I couldn't imagine a scenario where they pay ANOTHER defensive end close to 50 million dollars for at least one of the three to be a rotational player.

Also, it was reported on the NFL Network that Orakpo wants to play DE and teams are now questioning whether he has the hips and footwork to be an effective OLB, which might explain why his stock seems to be dropping as of late. I know he just had a 2nd visit to Cleveland, but if he doesn't go there at #5, I think he'll fall out of the Top 10 completely and might be available as late as #18 to Denver.

Also, it was reported on the NFL Network that Orakpo wants to play DE and teams are now questioning whether he has the hips and footwork to be an effective OLB, which might explain why his stock seems to be dropping as of late.

Good for him. Personally, I think Orakpo is a far better candidate to make the switch to OLB than Maybin or Brown but in a perfect world he'd go to a team that keeps him as a DE.

I don't get this willingness of NFL teams to spend high draft picks on guys that they hope to convert to other positions in the NFL. If the guy was so good in college at his current position to become a high draft pick why switch him and risk losing that success?

I guess the best way to sum it up, is that it is like dating a hot chick that smokes and parties all night, hoping that you can get serious with her and turn her into a house wife. Very rarely does it ever work out...more times than not she is going to continue to smoke and drink until 6 am while you are left with a broken heart. You can't turn a Ho into a housewife...and you can't turn an All-American DE into hall of fame OLB!

Also, it was reported on the NFL Network that Orakpo wants to play DE and teams are now questioning whether he has the hips and footwork to be an effective OLB, which might explain why his stock seems to be dropping as of late.

Good for him. Personally, I think Orakpo is a far better candidate to make the switch to OLB than Maybin or Brown but in a perfect world he'd go to a team that keeps him as a DE.

I agree for the most part, but it depends on what you're asking your OLB to do. Orakpo should be pretty decent at setting the edge and playing the run and above average in rushing the passer. Maybin should be a dominant pass rusher right away but will struggle at the POA against TEs and OTs. Of the three, Brown might have the longest road ahead in converting to standing up, but might eventually offer the most versatility as a two-way player. None of these guys will be able to flip their hips and cover TE's down the seem or RB's in the flats, right away.

I don't get this willingness of NFL teams to spend high draft picks on guys that they hope to convert to other positions in the NFL. If the guy was so good in college at his current position to become a high draft pick why switch him and risk losing that success?

I guess the best way to sum it up, is that it is like dating a hot chick that smokes and parties all night, hoping that you can get serious with her and turn her into a house wife. Very rarely does it ever work out...more times than not she is going to continue to smoke and drink until 6 am while you are left with a broken heart. You can't turn a Ho into a housewife...and you can't turn an All-American DE into hall of fame OLB!

Because some players may be suited for another system look at how lamar woodley worked out for the steelers...

Because some players may be suited for another system look at how lamar woodley worked out for the steelers...

Because the steelers are the best at evaluating and teaching talent. s**t they could make Robert Geathers the best defensive player in football.

or so I assume.....

Guilty.

I am with you on the Orakpo thing. IMO he is the baddest MOFO in this draft. He is not only a pass rusher, but he is stout against the run and a perfect fit in the 4-3. After Mangini failed with Gholston last year I just don't see him taking another big fast Dlineman who has never played LB before.

Two things I don't agree with you on however:

- You can't just say a player sucks because of one play. He could have gotten a bad jump, or the other guy could have gotten a good jump, or he could have been heavily fatigued. The guy isn't the savior of our defense, but I am happy as hell with his pickup. It opens up the draft some more for us.

The second thing. I love Anthony Collins and his potential, but a lot of what they were doing with Fitz was really quick passes that didn't require him to block for long. He will be required to hold his block twice as long this year which will show his true skills. He has the talent (Projected second round pick who slipped because of the depth at OT last year)

I personally don't see Orakpo as a major upgrade at DE over Geathers or Odom and although I would've liked Raji, I think that Tank has what it takes to give us some push from the DT position on passing downs. As far as Orakpo goes, the Bengals have over 63 million dollars tied into their current starting defensive ends and I couldn't imagine a scenario where they pay ANOTHER defensive end close to 50 million dollars for at least one of the three to be a rotational player.

Also, it was reported on the NFL Network that Orakpo wants to play DE and teams are now questioning whether he has the hips and footwork to be an effective OLB, which might explain why his stock seems to be dropping as of late. I know he just had a 2nd visit to Cleveland, but if he doesn't go there at #5, I think he'll fall out of the Top 10 completely and might be available as late as #18 to Denver.

I have a lot of friends that are huge Bills fans and I know for a fact that he won't make it past them if he does fall.