Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat surprising to see that both Maybin and Everyone's Favorite MLB still are still available.

We will keep this thread pinned so members can survey how well their pick did against how their team actually went.

Alright! Our good man Baraka keeps things moving along.

UPDATE:

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Spor_tees is now on the clock picking for New Orleans @ #14!

Spor_tees has answered the call! Good man. Picks continue to roll. Kentjett picks next for Houston!

UPDATE:

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Jenkins to Denver at 12? now that's just ridiculous. sorry kingwilly. but they're moving to a 34 defense this year, so they need lots of new personnel. using this pick on a DB is just insane. tyson jackson, or a rush LB would've been more appropriate. but hey, that's what makes these mock drafts interesting :)

Jenkins to Denver at 12? now that's just ridiculous. sorry kingwilly. but they're moving to a 34 defense this year, so they need lots of new personnel. using this pick on a DB is just insane. tyson jackson, or a rush LB would've been more appropriate. but hey, that's what makes these mock drafts interesting :)

Yeah, I had Jenkins going at the bottom of the 1st round. Teams are viewing him as a FS now due to his speed, instead of a CB. I don't think the Broncos would let a slow CB go in Bly, just to replace him with a equally slow CB. Jenkins did nothing to improve his stock at his Pro Day. I still see the Broncos trading this pick to go up and get Sanchez, if he's still available after the 5th pick.

Yeah, I had Jenkins going at the bottom of the 1st round. Teams are viewing him as a FS now due to his speed, instead of a CB. I don't think the Broncos would let a slow CB go in Bly, just to replace him with a equally slow CB. Jenkins did nothing to improve his stock at his Pro Day. I still see the Broncos trading this pick to go up and get Sanchez, if he's still available after the 5th pick.

Disagree. Name another Broncos DB other than Bailey? ....crickets.

They do need lots of personnel and this pick is justified in that there is not a DE/DT/LB I rated over Jenkins at 12. They also have pick 18, so there are 3-5 LB/DE's justifiable there. Thought about Vontae but I felt his lack of big-game experience and smaller size will keep him at the end of r1. Even if he does split time at FS, I look at Jenkins as too versatile to let slide.

Jenkins will do well in the AFC west where emphasis on stopping the run and bigger pass catchers populate the Chargers, Raiders and KC.

The other option I looked at was Oher but defense is where the broncos have holes.

That Maybin pick to the Saints I do not like. He is way to small to play on the saints Dline. Their two defensive ends who they have a ridiculous amount of money locked up in are pushing 300 pounds. Their pick will be Chris Wells.

They play a 4-3 scheme and Charles Grant has legal trouble along with the fact he was stabbed in the neck, and is facing a suspension for his failed drug test. With Maybin falling in their lap they can't pass that up. They have Reggie Bush and they are very happy with how Pierre Thomas played last year.

FYI the guy listed as starting DE in place of Charles Grant right now is Bobby McCRay...at 260 lbs not 300. Maybin is listed at almost 250 lbs and working with pro trainers he can EASILY get up to 265-270. The other position I was thinking of for them was OLB but after Curry there is a sharp fall off. If worst came to worst, they could have Maybin cut down to 240 Lbs and convert him to OLB. Converting guys to fit the system seems to be envogue right now.

Disagree. Name another Broncos DB other than Bailey? ....crickets.

They do need lots of personnel and this pick is justified in that there is not a DE/DT/LB I rated over Jenkins at 12. They also have pick 18, so there are 3-5 LB/DE's justifiable there. Thought about Vontae but I felt his lack of big-game experience and smaller size will keep him at the end of r1. Even if he does split time at FS, I look at Jenkins as too versatile to let slide.

Jenkins will do well in the AFC west where emphasis on stopping the run and bigger pass catchers populate the Chargers, Raiders and KC.

The other option I looked at was Oher but defense is where the broncos have holes.

They just signed Andre Goodman from Miami to a 5-year, 25 million dollar (10 million guaranteed) contract to start opposite Champ. They also signed Brian Dawkins and Reynaldo Hill to play Safety. They could maybe use a Nickel CB (unless they think Herana Daze Jones is the answer :rolleyes: ), but no CB in this draft is worth the 12th pick overall and they need more players who are fits in the 3-4 defense than they need a Nickel CB, IMO. I think Vontae is the best CB in the draft, but they could get a player like Jackson and then a player like Rey at 18 (assuming Sanchez is gone). There will be good value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds for CBs, including guys like Alfonso Smith and D.J. Moore.

All that said, I expect the LB/DE run to begin round the 11th pick. Maybin, Brown, Cushing, Mathews and Rey could all go in that area. With the Broncos in full rebuilding mode, they need to draft players in the 1st round that can come in and start right away.

All that said, I expect the LB/DE run to begin round the 11th pick. Maybin, Brown, Cushing, Mathews and Rey could all go in that area.

very much so. only Mathews left out of that group now after SD's pick at #16. :)

Knowshown wouldn't be brought into compliment Thomas Jones, he would be brought in to replace him. Leon Washington is already the compliment. I like the pick, but I think on draft day they will roll with Thomas Jones and Leon for one more season and then use a pick on a RB next season!

UPDATE:

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Per our list below:

1. Detroit (0-16) - ArmyBengal

2. St. Louis (2-14)- Redsbengalsbucks

3. Kansas City (2-14)- Jditty47

4. Seattle (4-12)- Kurgan74

5. Cleveland (4-12) - HAPPYJAQ

6. Cincinnati (4-11-1)- POLL ON MAIN FORUM DECIDES

7. Oakland (5-11)- HairOnFire

8. Jacksonville (5-11)- BengalPimp

9. Green Bay (6-10)- Walrus

10. San Francisco (7-9)- Whur Chad At

11. Buffalo (7-9) - JungleD

12. Denver (8-8)- Kingwilly

13. Washington (8-8)- Baraka

14. New Orleans (8-8) - Spor_tees

15. Houston (8-8)- Kentjett

16. San Diego (8-8) - Whizzo

17. New York Jets (9-7)- Spor_tees

18. Denver (from Chicago) (8-8) - Kingwilly

19. Tampa Bay (9-6)- CentralOhioBengal

20. Detroit (from Dallas) (9-7) - ArmyBengal

21. Philadelphia (9-6-1)- Next_Season_Is_Our_Year

22. Minnesota (10-6) - Kazkal

23. New England (11-5)- DesperateDerelict

24. Atlanta (11-5)- Bengals44

25. Miami (11-5)- Georgeoberer

26. Baltimore (11-5) - Wraith

27. Indianapolis (12-4)- Whizzo

28. Philadelphia (from Carolina) (12-4)- Next_Season_Is_Our_Year

29. New York Giants (12-4)- Baraka

30. Tennessee (13-3)- Kazkal

31. Arizona (9-7) - Bengalszone Billy

32. Pittsburgh (12-4)- Wraith

Kingwilly in again on the clock with Denver!

I had a minute to check in, but cant do much. Thanks for helping Billy and thanks for people being patient.

When the Lions pick at #20, just take the best OT on the board so I dont hold things up.

Thanks again...

The Eagles will trade you a fourth rounder to switch our 21st pick with your 20th.

I had a minute to check in, but cant do much. Thanks for helping Billy and thanks for people being patient.

When the Lions pick at #20, just take the best OT on the board so I dont hold things up.

Thanks again...

The Eagles will trade you a fourth rounder to switch our 21st pick with your 20th.

Sorry Next_Season_Is_Our_Year. No trades. This is a plain vanilla draft.

UPDATE:

Aaron Curry, LB

Jason Smith, OT

Michael Crabtree, WR

B.J. Raji, DT

Brian Orakpo, DE

Eugene Monroe, OT

Matthew Stafford, QB

Aaron Maybin, DE

Mark Sanchez, QB

Jeremy Maclin, WR

Malcolm Jenkins, CB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Robert Ayers, DE

Andre Smith, OT

Percy Harvin, WR

Everette Brown, DE

Rey Maualuga, LB

Clay Matthews, LB

Peria Jerry, DT

Michael Oher, OT

Tyson Jackson, DE

Louis Delmas, S

Vontae Davis, CB

Brian Cushing, LB

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR

James Laurinaitis, LB

Darius Butler, RB

Josh Freeman, QB

Donald Brown, RB

Hakeem Nicks, WR

CentralOhioBengal is now on the clock picking for Tampa Bay.