The draft is blowing up right now.

HairOnFire

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we don't need a WR this high (simpson, caldwell and henry already here). DT isn't that high on my priority list either (peko and sims got it going on). ReyRey would be sweet, but i agree this might be a bit high for him. if we could trade down 4 or 5 spots and get maualuga there and then use the extra 2nd rounder to get OT or C, now that would be sweet.

we don't need a WR this high (simpson, caldwell and henry already here). DT isn't that high on my priority list either (peko and sims got it going on). ReyRey would be sweet, but i agree this might be a bit high for him. if we could trade down 4 or 5 spots and get maualuga there and then use the extra 2nd rounder to get OT or C, now that would be sweet.

Crabtree is about 40x better than Simpson, Caldwell and Henry. I would to love him and I know it isn't a need but it would be cool to have him. Raji would be a perfect pick up for us. Our rotation at DT would be fantastic. You can't just have two DT's, this isn't madden. ReyRey, again I would love to have either way.

Crabtree is about 40x better than Simpson, Caldwell and Henry.

We'll be sure to bring up this quote when we tally up the catches for the year towards the end of the upcoming season

I can see Simpson improving his numbers- 2 catches for 2 yards.

Caldwell having maybe 20-30 catches

and Henry probably on another team.

I can see simpson having 40-50 catches for 700 yards or so with several TD's.

We'll be sure to bring up this quote when we tally up the catches for the year towards the end of the upcoming season

So Simpson is going to jump past Caldwell in development next season and Henry is going to another team? Seems like two improbable events.

More likely is these three WR's, split playing time behind Chad and Coles and one of the three steps up and becomes the third WR and heir to the first opening in the top two spots. I was not a big Caldwell fan early last season but he looks to have the hands and precise routes to replace TJ in the slot as a third down go to guy.

With the depth and number of WR's on the team already, drafting another seems like a wasted pick when cut down day comes. If the Benagls trade Chad, I could see it, but still would not be thrilled with Crabtree. Maclin makes much more sense, with his unbelievable return ability.

So Simpson is going to jump past Caldwell in development next season and Henry is going to another team? Seems like two improbable events.

More likely is these three WR's, split playing time behind Chad and Coles and one of the three steps up and becomes the third WR and heir to the first opening in the top two spots. I was not a big Caldwell fan early last season but he looks to have the hands and precise routes to replace TJ in the slot as a third down go to guy.

With the depth and number of WR's on the team already, drafting another seems like a wasted pick when cut down day comes. If the Benagls trade Chad, I could see it, but still would not be thrilled with Crabtree. Maclin makes much more sense, with his unbelievable return ability.

Why the hell would you draft a return man at 6 or in the first round period. Crabtree is the overall better reciever.

Why the hell would you draft a return man at 6 or in the first round period. Crabtree is the overall better reciever.

That is just my point overall Maclin is the better player and neither is special enough to go #6 when there is no need for WR on the Bengals.

I like both players, but Maclin seems more like a Bengals receiver to me. He could be a more dynamic Chad Ocho Cinco, if you consider his return ability. Most of the "gurus" seem to think Crab is the better player, so I'll defer having not really watched either player up close.

As I've said before, the real negative to drafting a WR in the 1st round is that it means the Bengals blew either their 2nd or 3rd round picks from '08.

I could of told you the week after we drafted Simpson he would be a bust.

He was drafted for one reason, His insane hurdle a DB.

It might be a situation where it takes Simpson 4 or 5 years to reach his potential. It doesn't look like he'll be ready for any major playing time in '09. That said, I am encouraged by Charles Collins saying that Jerome reminded him of Chad, when he coached Chad in JUCO.

I just hope it isn't a Stacey/T.J. situation where the Bengals coach a player up, only to watch him leave through free agency once he develops.

I'll take another TJ. If we can get 3-5 good years out of each draft pick, we would be in really good shape. Simpson will be ready to take over for Chad in 2010. I really like both our young WR and truly believe Simpson is going to be an All-Pro wideout. I'd take him over Sweed any day of the week.

Seattle traded OLB Julian Peterson to Detroit for DT Cory Redding.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...f=si_topstories

This more than likely means that Curry won't get past Seattle at #4 and if he's gone, they could now be looking at a pash rusher like Orakpo at that spot. This trade also more than likely means that they won't be picking Raji.

More options just opened up for trading down, especially if a team falls in love with B.J.

On an unrelated note, the Chicago Sun Times is reporting that the Bengals have been attempting to trade Levi "for the past 2 weeks" and will likely release him if they can't find a partner. Any release or trade of Levi will save about 500K on the cap, but will also result in 5.2 million dollars in "dead" money. I'll look for a link on that.

What kind of trade value do you guys think Levi has?

I'll take another TJ. If we can get 3-5 good years out of each draft pick, we would be in really good shape. Simpson will be ready to take over for Chad in 2010. I really like both our young WR and truly believe Simpson is going to be an All-Pro wideout. I'd take him over Sweed any day of the week.

Sorry man but that is the funniest s**t I have ever heard...how much have you been smoking?

How many rings does Simpson have?

Anybody remember T.J. circa 2002-03 when almost every Bengals fan alive was calling for him to be gone. Fast forward 3 seasons and he developed into a very solid receiver for us. Granted, T.J. wasn't a 2nd round pick but it's way too early to push the panic button on him or call him a bust. They knew he was raw and wouldn't be ready right away when they drafted him.

The flipside is that drafting Crabtree could make Simpson the forgotten man, similar to how drafting Jonathan Joseph and later Leon Hall effectively ended the Bengals career of another former 2nd round pick in Keiwan Ratliff.