The draft is blowing up right now.

HairOnFire

The more I think about Chad, the more torn I am. On one hand I would love to see him come back and have a great year with Carson and Coles lining up with him. I think that could be exciting. Then on the other hand, I am really ready to see a new era start for the team and be rid of him. WR's aren't going to be the reason we go to the playoffs if the o-line is a mess and it would be fun to see all the youngsters get hungry knowing they have an opportunity of a lifetime. Torn...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about Chad, the more torn I am. On one hand I would love to see him come back and have a great year with Carson and Coles lining up with him. I think that could be exciting. Then on the other hand, I am really ready to see a new era start for the team and be rid of him. WR's aren't going to be the reason we go to the playoffs if the o-line is a mess and it would be fun to see all the youngsters get hungry knowing they have an opportunity of a lifetime. Torn...

I feel the same way. My biggest knock on Chad hasn't been his whining, or his endzone dances (which I find very entertaining), but how he performs in BIG games. During that final 0-3 stretch in 2006 he didn't show up. In the wildcard game he didn't show up. In the season final of the 2003 season when the Bengals had to beat Cleveland to have a chance of getting in the playoffs he did not show up. I know he's going to get his yards this year, he'll have at least 1200 with a healthy Palmer playing. But if the Bengals somehow find themselves in a big game near the end of the year, thats when I want to see Chad step his game up. That's the one place he has always been lacking. I personally don't think the Bengals are sending Chad anywhere. I think they are excited at the prospect of Chad/Coles/Henry lighting up the field and Caldwell/Simpson thrown in the mix as well.

I would like to see the picks equally dispersed as well, but as of right now, we only have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. With needs at Center, OT, RB, DE, and LB, we are one pick short of being able to address those needs in the first three rounds the way I'd like to see done.

I would still be ALL in favor of moving down a few slots if there was a willing participant and grab up another pick.

Trading Chad might solve this problem too.

I would like to see the picks equally dispersed as well, but as of right now, we only have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. With needs at Center, OT, RB, DE, and LB, we are one pick short of being able to address those needs in the first three rounds the way I'd like to see done.

I would still be ALL in favor of moving down a few slots if there was a willing participant and grab up another pick.

Trading Chad might solve this problem too.

My ideal would be to do both. Trade Chad AND move down. Give us 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds and we could do some damage !!! Hell, you can even take positions just to build depth. OT, Center, RB, DE, LB, WR all in the first 3 rounds.

Happy happy joy joy !!!

My biggest knock on Chad hasn't been his whining, or his endzone dances (which I find very entertaining), but how he performs in BIG games.

They're related. Chad is mentally weak. That extreme insecurity and general p***yness leads him to crave attention and reinforcement. Thus the dancing and attention whore behavior. The same extreme insecurity makes him wilt under pressure.

I'm not saying Chad's worthless or can't play. Let's say your season's shot already, it's like the last game of the season, and you are playing a bad team having a down year (let's say the '07 Dolphins). Hey, Chad's your man. He'll tear it up. Chad's a p***y, plain and simple.

Looking at the draft for potential trade partners I have come to the following for Chad:

Oakland- 7th

Jacksonville- 8th

49ers- 10th

Washington- 13th

Jets- 17th

Bears-18th

Bucs- 19th

Eagles-21st, 28th

Vikings- 22nd

Dolphins-25th

Ravens- 26th

Giants- 29th

Titans- 30th

-Oakland and Jacksonville, and San Fran are to high for Chad.

-Other teams that need a receiver that wouldn't want Chad are not listed due to his similarities to their current number one include Buffalo, Houston, and the Lions

-He won't be traded within the division so we can cancel trading him to the Ravens

-I believe the Vikings, Dolphins, Ravens, Giants, and Titans are to low to trade him their (We won't get an impact player year one after the 20th pick

-That leaves the Redskins, Jets, Bears, and Bucs (I think the Bears have to many needs to make this happen, and the Bucs already have one Malcontent WR and another one at TE so they are out).

That leaves the following four options:

Redskins- Trade Chad for the 13th pick and take Rey Rey or the best available OT depending on what we do with the 6th pick....If we take D then we take OT at 13, if we take OL with 6 then we take defense

Jets- See the Redskins plan

Bears- See the Redskins plan

Eagles- We trade Chad and our second rounder for both their first round picks (Yes, this would give us three first rounders)

If we did this, we would take Monroe at number six....Then with the 21st pick we would take our Defensive player........then at 28 we would guarantee ourselves the pick of all the Centers in the draft!

What?

I will go on record right now to say, if ANY of those teams offer their first round pick for Chad, the Bengals should jump all over it WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT !!!

There is plenty that we could do with another first round pick ANYWHERE. We could look at both offense AND defense in the first.

WIN WIN by all accounts...

i don't see why we should trade chad. yeah, he had a bad season, but there are reasons for that... he's a deep threat guy, and fitzy sucks at throws farther than 3 yards (didn't he have the lowest avg for yard per pass ? goes to show...), so it's obvious why he had a bad season. i want him back, with carson and coles, throw in henry and caldwell as well, good passing attack. benson isn't that bad, so that's the rushing attack. shore up the passrush with the 1st round pick (Orakpo :bengal:), and we're good to go.

although, the deal with the eagles for three 1st rounders would rock :D

i don't see why we should trade chad. yeah, he had a bad season, but there are reasons for that... he's a deep threat guy, and fitzy sucks at throws farther than 3 yards (didn't he have the lowest avg for yard per pass ? goes to show...), so it's obvious why he had a bad season. i want him back, with carson and coles, throw in henry and caldwell as well, good passing attack. benson isn't that bad, so that's the rushing attack. shore up the passrush with the 1st round pick (Orakpo :bengal:), and we're good to go.

If Curry is gone, Orakpo is the guy I want. The reason I want to trade Chad is for the overall improvement of the team. With Coles, Caldwell, Simpson, and Henry we would be just fine at WR. If we can trade Chad and get an extra impact player that would be huge.

Couldn't of said it better myself!

And I rule! B)

Eagles- We trade Chad and our second rounder for both their first round picks (Yes, this would give us three first rounders)

If we did this, we would take Monroe at number six....Then with the 21st pick we would take our Defensive player........then at 28 we would guarantee ourselves the pick of all the Centers in the draft!

What?

I actually agree the Eagles are one of the teams who MIGHT be interested in a trade, and they have the assets needed to get it done. But I don't think a Chad trade would get both of their first round picks from THIS draft.

I think a more likely scenario would involve one of the 1st rounders (probably the 21st pick) and a sweetner. The form the sweetner takes is anyones guess, but just like last year I think it's likely to be a conditional pick selected from the following years draft.

If Curry is gone, Orakpo is the guy I want.

I've been pimping Orakpo for months, but I'm starting to get that familiar bad feeling that I always seem to get this time of year. In short, I no longer think he's going to be available at #6.

So I've got it this way.

Orakpo - 1A

Andre Smith - 1B

Lets face it Chad is gone! Tell me I'm wrong, but Marvin has been preaching about getting his kind of players who have football as their first priority, and I don't know about u but Chad used to be a football 24/7 kinda guy but not anymore, and now that TJ is gone(Chad's butt buddy) Chad will go one or two ways, one become a bigger baby in order to get his way and get out, or with no more babies left he might get with the program. I would like him to get with the program, but I just don't trust him and its that simple! Football is about trusting ur teammates to do their jobs, and Chad's got his own agenda.

I've been pimping Orakpo for months, but I'm starting to get that familiar bad feeling that I always seem to get this time of year. In short, I no longer think he's going to be available at #6.

So I've got it this way.

Orakpo - 1A

Andre Smith - 1B

NO WAY! I don't want any part of Andre Smith and I hope the Bengals don't either, he's a selfish, fat idiot! I'm obviously a Gator fan and we played him and there was nothing special...but the Gators only loss was against Ole Miss with Michael Oher and he did a great job! I don't want him either I'm just making a point.

isn't andre smith being labeled a RT? also, i don't like his work ethic. overweight at the combine, signed an agent a week before the combine, didn't participate, showcased lack of work ethic when he just left the conbine - sorry, but i'm through with him. monroe or justin smith all the way, or trade down and get oher. of course, a D playmaker would be great too. so here's my little list:

1a) Orakpo

1b) best LT left called justin smith or eugene monroe

1c) trade down and get michael oher and then go C & DE with our two second-rounders

So I've got it this way.

Orakpo - 1A

Andre Smith - 1B

NO WAY! I don't want any part of Andre Smith and I hope the Bengals don't either, he's a selfish, fat idiot! I'm obviously a Gator fan and we played him and there was nothing special...but the Gators only loss was against Ole Miss with Michael Oher and he did a great job! I don't want him either I'm just making a point.

I don't expect the idea to be popular. In fact, I'm betting your response will be typical of many that will soon follow. But there it is. So point fingers if you must. Call me names if you think it will help.

First choice, Orakpo. Second choice, Andre Smith.

What?

I actually agree the Eagles are one of the teams who MIGHT be interested in a trade, and they have the assets needed to get it done. But I don't think a Chad trade would get both of their first round picks from THIS draft.

I think a more likely scenario would involve one of the 1st rounders (probably the 21st pick) and a sweetner. The form the sweetner takes is anyones guess, but just like last year I think it's likely to be a conditional pick selected from the following years draft.

I am going to repost what I said about the Eagles.....

We would be trading them our second rounder in the trade with Chad for both their firsts in order to get the Center we want.

1. To address two other posts in here.....It is Jason Smith....not....Justin Smith

2. You are smoking something if you think we will take Andre Smith at number 6.............Marvin has been preaching FOOTBALL players and good lockerroom guys, why would we take some overweight idiot..I am not saying he doesn't have talent, but he is an idiot. I would happy getting him with Washington's pick if we did trade Chad their, but that would mean taking Curry/Orakpo/Raji/Maguala in that order at number 6.

1a) Orakpo

1c) trade down and get michael oher and then go C & DE with our two second-rounders

Uhhh, it's Jason Smith and I've got him off the board. As for Monroe, I like him, but I don't love him...and while it's close enough to give me pause I'd end up taking Andre Smith. Regardless, I think it's an even bet Monroe will off the board as well. As for trading down, sure thing. Make it happen. But if you can't....

1a) Orakpo

Uhhh, it's Jason Smith and I've got him off the board. As for Monroe, I like him, but I don't love him...and while it's close enough to give me pause I'd end up taking Andre Smith. Regardless, I think it's an even bet Monroe will off the board as well. As for trading down, sure thing. Make it happen. But if you can't....

You don't take a bust at number 6.....Can you say the OL version of Mike Williams, the receiver out of USC. The guy will blow up to 400 pounds and have a heart attack in training camp.

You are smoking something if you think we will take Andre Smith at number 6.............

Good guess. And for the record, the lable reads "SF Blue Dream". (It's a hybrid.)

Marvin has been preaching FOOTBALL players and good lockerroom guys, why would we take some overweight idiot..I am not saying he doesn't have talent, but he is an idiot.

Here's a couple of things to keep in mind for those of you who will very soon find yourself scrambling. His pro day is March 11th. After that look for a series of private workouts with nearly every team drafting in the Top #10, including a confirmed private diner and workout with the Rams, who draft 2nd. Also confirmed? A private workout for the Bengals.

So hate if you must, but lets stop the crap about Andre Smith not being worthy of interest at #6.

You don't take a bust at number 6.....

Has he busted already? :lol:

Can you say the OL version of Mike Williams, the receiver out of USC.

No, I can't. In fact, that's the type of silly comparison I prefer others make.

The guy will blow up to 400 pounds and have a heart attack in training camp.

Blah, blah, blah. People were predicting Smith would tip the combine scales at 360 plus. Instead, he showed up exactly at his listed playing weight, and since then has reportedly worked himself into the 320's.

You are smoking something if you think we will take Andre Smith at number 6.............

Good guess. And for the record, the lable reads "SF Blue Dream". (It's a hybrid.)

Marvin has been preaching FOOTBALL players and good lockerroom guys, why would we take some overweight idiot..I am not saying he doesn't have talent, but he is an idiot.

Here's a couple of things to keep in mind for those of you who will very soon find yourself scrambling. His pro day is March 11th. After that look for a series of private workouts with nearly every team drafting in the Top #10, including a confirmed private diner and workout with the Rams, who draft 2nd. Also confirmed? A private workout for the Bengals.

So hate if you must, but lets stop the crap about Andre Smith not being worthy of interest at #6.

I like Andre Smith but I would rather draft D and keep what we have in: LT anthony collins LG nate livings C draft eric wood, max unger, or antoine caldwell in 4th or 5th RG bobbie williams RT andrew whitworth

obviously they need to draft OL, I just think the bigger need is a replacement for Bobbie Williams, he is in the last year of his contract and is too old to sign back, so I say draft Herman Johnson 6'8 350lbs

I do agree that he has the talent to be picked at six, anyone that wants to know how valuable he is to the running game at Alabama just look at what they did with him, and how s**tty they were when he missed the bowl game. I do not want a question at number six when their are so many players with no questions available their. I just don't see us picking him at six, due to his concerns.

I posted in the draft thread about this as well, but there are guys already projecting Smith to the Bengals at #6 on NFL Network and Hair, I, and few others have been preaching that one slip up at the combine will not be enough to keep people from being interested if he shows at his pro day why he was once considered not only the best OT in the draft, but the best player overall.

I will go on record to say a good day by Smith and #6 is to late...

BASH AWAY...