The draft is blowing up right now.

HairOnFire

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Reyrey at 6...Kaz I think you and I are in the minority there.

Not really. I'm good with linemen or line backers. Whatever it takes to control the line of scrimmage from either side of the ball. Without that, we are, and will remain f**ked.

Is a replacement for Dhani Jones worth taking Rey at 6? I think the Dhani is solid, if not spectacular, as a MLB. We have more pressing needs than putting one of our most consistent players on the Bench.

But if we were talking Pat Willis, I would be all for it. I just happen to think that Rey will top out as a good, not great, NFL MLB. For whatever reason, recent standout players from USC have not translated their college success to the NFL, and I think Rey is the next in line there.

Indeed Reyrey will be something special,I like Dhani and would be fine with him starting next year..

But he's getting older and we could use a playmaker at the position...If we drafted Rey once he is ready to play you can always move Dhani back to SLB where he spent most of his career.

I was wondering the same thing the other day and forgot to ask, but where are you guys watching "film" on these players ??

Everyone mentions it and I was wondering if there was some place you go or a website not named Youtube as well. Just asking...

Hell, I bet Akili Smith had Youtube "film" as well.

I was wondering the same thing the other day and forgot to ask, but where are you guys watching "film" on these players ??

Everyone mentions it and I was wondering if there was some place you go or a website not named Youtube as well. Just asking...

The guy had zero sacks, zero forced fumbles and 2 interception last season playing for USC, to go along with an average of only about 6 tackles per game....as a MLB. What's "special" about that? IF his name wasn't "Maualuga" and he played for a Big East school, he'd be no better than a 3rd or 4th round prospect.

Just look at the game-by-game stats and you'll notice that Rey isn't a true playmaker and can be only be considered as a decent pro prospect, as best. His biggest impact play was the INT return for a TD against Ohio State (quite possibly the reason that a few Bengals fans want him).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=174151

In comparison, Pat Willis was a 2-time first team All-American and had 137 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, one interception and one fumble recovery his senior season. Not to mention that he ran a 4.37 forty at the Combine. Despite all of that, Willis STILL ended up being the 11th player picked in the draft the year he came out.

Do you guys really believe that Rey is a better prospect coming out than Pat Willis?

The guy had zero sacks, zero forced fumbles and 2 interception last season playing for USC, to go along with an average of only about 6 tackles per game....as a MLB. What's "special" about that? IF his name wasn't "Maualuga" and he played for a Big East school, he'd be no better than a 3rd or 4th round prospect.

Just look at the game-by-game stats and you'll notice that Rey isn't a true playmaker and can be only be considered as a decent pro prospect, as best. His biggest impact play was the INT return for a TD against Ohio State (quite possibly the reason that a few Bengals fans want him).

In comparison, Pat Willis was a 2-time first team All-American and had 137 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, one interception and one fumble recovery his senior season. Not to mention that he ran a 4.37 forty at the Combine. Despite all of that, Willis STILL ended up being the 11th player picked in the draft the year he came out.

Do you guys really believe that Rey is a better prospect coming out than Pat Willis?

Did you quote the wrong post ?? I haven't made any comments about Rey...

I see Willis as a diff. type player then Rey. Willis seems more like a pass stopping, coverage, use my speed to tackle, MLB. While Rey is more fundamental, slower, brick wall MLB.

If our option @6 is RMaualuga instead of ACurry that everyone seems to think will be gone, then I would rather them draft OL, because I would be able to deal with DJones in the middle for another year with a healthy KRivers back on the field...No disrepect to RMaualuga but he just doesn't jump out @ me as a real difference maker...

If our option @6 is RMaualuga instead of ACurry that everyone seems to think will be gone, then I would rather them draft OL, because I would be able to deal with DJones in the middle for another year with a healthy KRivers back on the field...No disrepect to RMaualuga but he just doesn't jump out @ me as a real difference maker...

I second the motion. Rebuilding the O-line should be the top offseason priority.

I second the motion. Rebuilding the O-line should be the top offseason priority.

Why so we can go one and done like in 2005? IMO Continue to improve the Defense but not Ignore the Oline... out of the first 4 draft picks would like see 2 Defensive players taken and 2 Offensive linemen....would prefer taking a impact defensive player in round one...

I would like to see the picks equally dispersed as well, but as of right now, we only have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. With needs at Center, OT, RB, DE, and LB, we are one pick short of being able to address those needs in the first three rounds the way I'd like to see done.

I would still be ALL in favor of moving down a few slots if there was a willing participant and grab up another pick.

The Chiefs had one of the worst defenses in the league last year, and toward the end of the year became a pretty efficient offensive team...with Tyler Thigpen at the helm. Now that they've secured Matt Cassel as their QB of the future, I would be really surprised to see them take an offensive player at #3. If Curry is indeed there when they pick, I think we see him in a Chiefs uni.

I am personally hoping that Monroe is available at #6 and we take him. Pick up a front 7 defensive playmaker and a center in Rounds 2 & 3, not necessarily in that order, and try to find some role offensive skill players with some of the remaining picks.

This makes it imperative that we sign at least one of the following: Benson, Ward, Housh, or Lavarenues.

Well, with TJ going to the Seahawks, I don't see them going after Crabtree in the first. Either an OT or a defensive pick. I could see them hoping Heyward-Bey lasts until the 2nd for them...

Yeah, T.J. and Crabtree are too similar, so he definitely isn't the pick at #4. I could see them hoping Harvin slips, as they still need a speed receiver. They still need OT's in the worst way but I bet they're hoping that Curry is there, as many teams are. They just lost Rocky Bernard, so they could be looking at Raji, too.

Jim Mora loves D-lineman, as a former defensive coordinator.

I would hope that we move down and perhaps Oakland would want to move up.

I think we could still end up with a top DE and get a extra pick.

What do you guys think of Michael Bush?? If Al was willing to part with him, might be a nice pick up and I understand not viable in above situation, however love to see Bush in a Bengal uni.

Can't see Oakland moving up when all they have to do is sit tight at #7 to get an impact WR. Even if Crabtree is gone, Maclin would be a great option for any team due to his return capabilities. If Oakland thinks we are going to take WR, the only team that would get the shot to move down is the Browns. That would be nice as well, as it would leave a defensive player for us to consider.

Can't see Oakland moving up when all they have to do is sit tight at #7 to get an impact WR. Even if Crabtree is gone, Maclin would be a great option for any team due to his return capabilities. If Oakland thinks we are going to take WR, the only team that would get the shot to move down is the Browns. That would be nice as well, as it would leave a defensive player for us to consider.

All the same, I might put feelers out there as if we could consider Crabtree. Al might have a big wood for the guy and make a KW2 type deal. I doubt it, but worth exploring. TJ gone to Seattle it's a possible assumption.

I want the best player on the board either offensive line or defense. I prefer OT,DE, or Linebacker.

All the same, I might put feelers out there as if we could consider Crabtree. Al might have a big wood for the guy and make a KW2 type deal. I doubt it, but worth exploring. TJ gone to Seattle it's a possible assumption.

I want the best player on the board either offensive line or defense. I prefer OT,DE, or Linebacker.

Agreed. Let's get strong in the trenches--where football games are won more often than not.

The thing to hope for is one of the teams below Oakland wanting to trade up to get Crabtree because if he falls to us at #6, it's the best thing we could hope for in trying to trade down. Oakland will sit tight and one or two of the teams below them could jump them to right where we are to beat them to Crabtree. I could only hope !!!

This is actually my new thought of what is going to happen, allowing us to pick up another pick. It would be HUGE for us.