PFT Report

UF_Gators_15

BENGALS FANS BUY BILLBOARDS TO ATTACK OWNERSHIP

Posted by Josh Alper on November 12, 2008, 2:10 p.m.

A group of Bengals fans have rented space on four billboards around Cincinnati to plead with the team to make changes to the managerial structure. One of them reads “Dear Bengals, Hire a general manager. Love, your fans.”

The billboard buyers are trying to raise funds to keep the messages up via a website called WhoDeyRevolution.com. They hope to raise $4,500 and are taking donations through the site. It’s the second phase of what they’re calling “Project Mayhem,” whose two stated goals are disrupting the natural order of Mike Brown’s Bengals and reducing Mike Brown’s profits. The first phase was calling the team’s “jerk line,” designed for reporting unruly behavior at Bengal games, and reporting Brown as a jerk.

As you can tell from the billboard, it is Brown’s refusal to bring other voices into the decision-making process they find particularly galling. “18 seasons of Mike Brown making football decisions have led the Bengals to a record of 98-183, the worst winning percentage of all professional sports teams over that stretch,” they write. “Einstein’s famous quote “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” should be framed and put above the door to Mike Brown’s office.”

I'm not feeling like laughing...I'm actually applauding. Not that it'll help.

If you feel like helping send them some money.

Got 50 bucks I can borrow Hair? I promise to pay it back the moment the organization follows through on hiring said GM.

Got 50 bucks I can borrow Hair?

Not at the moment, but get back to me after a buyer is found for Indymac. You see there's a chance they may give me some or all of my money back, and if they do I'll buy billboards for everyone.

Hmmm. I guess holding my breath might be a bad idea.

Here's a thought to ponder...

If fans contend Mike Brown isn't competent enough to make decisions for this organization, what makes people think he would be capable to make a decision in hiring a GM that would make a difference when Mike Brown would still have the final say so ??

Yeah, it pisses me off to !!!

That being said, hey Billy I would like to know how to order a couple of those table decorations from your sig !!!

Here's a thought to ponder...

If fans contend Mike Brown isn't competent enough to make decisions for this organization, what makes people think he would be capable to make a decision in hiring a GM that would make a difference when Mike Brown would still have the final say so ??

I am totally behind the idea of making HairOnFire GM of the Bengals. I've already got my site picked out: FireHairOnFire.com.

Responses to Project Mayhem will range from silence to laughter.

I'm not feeling like laughing...I'm actually applauding. Not that it'll help.bengals-billboard.jpg

I'm sure these guys aren't making a difference, but I'm sure seeing that billboard for however long it's there is gonna burn Mikey's ass every time he sees it. That makes me somewhat happy.

I am totally behind the idea of making HairOnFire GM of the Bengals. I've already got my site picked out: FireHairOnFire.com.

Well just for that I'm going to put the kibosh on my behind-the-scenes attempts to sign Corey Simon.

And just for the record we were close to having a signed deal.

No kidding, I had his doctor/agent very close to accepting a 2-year contract that would have paid your favorite boy in pancakes and lithium. No money involved at all.

Yes, they get to vent.

And sure, the message they've sent might be seen by the incompetent Mr. Fudd as he travels to and from his lair.

But Elmer has heard the message before, hasn't he?

So what makes anyone think the guy is suddenly going to veer off the road and crash into a barn?

Isn't it more likely he considers the message, ponders how much money was wasted, and then concludes there is still plenty of easy money to be made?