Bengal bag men at Dallas Game

ShulaSteakhouse

So much for having hope for Katie.

That's the takeaway from this. My hopes have been that Katie would take over and put in football people. Now? Sounds like she is ready to follow in daddy's footsteps. Sucks.

Oh, and Katie? I echo the others (besides Dim): f**k off.

Dimster, just stop.

ok i am sorry for try to be postitive and encourage fans to cheer hard for team, i forgot u all like to be losers and negatitve all time, i will stop post anything postitve anymore for your sake, bye see u all next year, still will check forum for news but no more post from me until next year

That would be a shame Dimster, dont let the doom and gloom crowd get to you, they have to voice thier opinions here because most dont have the balls to do it in real life.

You have more football knowledge than a large % of the posters here and I for one would miss reading your posts.

It’s comical how much this board has changed over the years. I remember getting blasted for daring to criticize Mike Brown in 2005 & 2006. The very same posters that invited me to stop living in the 90’s are now taking their turn at SOP. The truth is, any recent success was a mere aberration, because absolutely nothing has changed. We still enjoy the worst owner in all of sports, yet this clown is still defended by some of you.

Anything that embarrasses Mike Brown…..well, I am all in! If the only drawback to his making millions off the backs of Cincinnati fans is for him to be occasionally embarrassed in public, I say let ‘er fly! If Mikey forgets, for one second, just how much he sucks… someone should be there to remind him.

It’s comical how much this board has changed over the years. I remember getting blasted for daring to criticize Mike Brown in 2005 & 2006. The very same posters that invited me to stop living in the 90’s are now taking their turn at SOP. The truth is, any recent success was a mere aberration, because absolutely nothing has changed. We still enjoy the worst owner in all of sports, yet this clown is still defended by some of you.

Anything that embarrasses Mike Brown…..well, I am all in! If the only drawback to his making millions off the backs of Cincinnati fans is for him to be occasionally embarrassed in public, I say let ‘er fly! If Mikey forgets, for one second, just how much he sucks… someone should be there to remind him.

I'll admit - in 2001 I thought that MB had experienced a life changing event and had adopted a different philosphy. This season and off-season has proved beyond a reasonable doubt that this is not the case. He fooled us (at least me).

All that being said, the other discussions on the board are still interesting but they now seem irrelevant.

Getting a high draft pick, fixing the o-line, firing a few choice coaches, establishing a running game, shutting up Chad, etc, etc, - doing any of these things is just treating symptoms. The organization is sick and the sickness is severe chronic Brownitus. We are going to continue to be an inconsitent failure of a team until the Brownitus get's cured. Sure we'll have decent seasons - but they will be in spite of the Brownitus - just like Jet said.

Unfortunately, there is currently no known cure for Brownitus so we are going to have to chow down on this s**t sandwich for many more years to come.

Hate to be negative - but let's face it - it's the truth.

Dimster, just stop.

ok i am sorry for try to be postitive and encourage fans to cheer hard for team, i forgot u all like to be losers and negatitve all time, i will stop post anything postitve anymore for your sake, bye see u all next year, still will check forum for news but no more post from me until next year

That would be a shame Dimster, dont let the doom and gloom crowd get to you, they have to voice thier opinions here because most dont have the balls to do it in real life.

You have more football knowledge than a large % of the posters here and I for one would miss reading your posts.

Yes Redsbengalsbucks we will indeed miss the intelligent, in-depth input of the Dimster, such as the selection below from the 1st page of this thread:

u are wayyyyyyyyy wrong on everything, on first part about boss watch u at job, we are not the boss, coaches is, our job is to cheer, it is coaches job to rides their tail when players do bad job not ours

I am not sure what we will do without him.

Katie Blackburn Quote

"You don't know how hard it is to run an NFL franchise."

Answer- I think the Brown Family have perfected the running of an NFL franchise,so far as,making a profit ,squeezing the blood out of the turnip ,that is the fan(also known as me and you) and delivering nothing(winning) for the money spent by the fan.

They have perfected the smoke and mirrors of, wait till next year.

Lets face it ,there is a built in profit of an NFL franchise, with the salary cap,TV money , raising of seat prices every year ,merchandise,PSL , ect. you would have to be an idiot not to be able to make a profit.

Its the winning that Katie and Mike cant quite get around to because, all they care about is the money.

All the fans care about is the winning and one winning season in 17 years is not what any of the fans have in mind.

If you remember Mike Brown said in an interview that "bad luck" was the reason they had lost so many games,it couldnt have had anything to do with any of Mikes actions like drafting Akili Smith instead of taking all of the draft choices of the Saints plus 1 and 3 for another 2 years, it couldnt have had anything to do with hiring Dave Shula,Dick LeBeau ect.

Other teams have had "bad luck" but, unlike the Bengals they have managed to win because, they didnt have Mike Brown calling the shots.

There must not be any mirrors in the Brown or Blackburn family homes or they would see what the problem is.

Or paying starter money to Anton Odom and franchising Stacy Andrews all in the same year. Anton is a rotation guy at best, not a starter.

Stacy might start and have a long career in the NFL, but nobody and I mean nobody else in the NFL would ever franchise that guy.

Bad luck too.

Dimster, just stop.

What's there to be positive about!!?? What!?? I am positive about a million other things in my life, but the Bengals' are never, ever, one of them it seems, at least it's been that way since 1991.

I will be very positive and even change my avatar etc..., when Mike Brown wakes up and realizes he needs to double his front office and give up personnel decision making, fire half the people currently in his front office, and let a personnel GM run his football team, or the NFL steps in and forces it upon him.

Until then, discontent needs to be shown en masse, and lemmings like you converted into intelligent fans!

I love Dimster and his positive outlook.

Having said that, I've had to eat a lot of crow for defending Mike Brown the last two seasons. His refusal to unload Chad for a first and a third was baffling. Drafting two project wideouts when we need linemen on both sides was perplexing. Employing friends and family in critical postitions that require real football knowledge is downright infuriating.

All the dire predictions thrown around in here by Steakhouse have come true. And by extension, all the shortcomings that he said would lead to this craphole we're in have been proven as well.

I have never booed at a sporting event. But if the Brown family is allowed to believe the status quo is acceptable to their customers, they have demonstrated in spades that they will sit idle while the losing seasons pile up. So I endorse the wearing of bags, booing, and anything else designed to get their attention.

Katie Blackburn said, "you don't know how hard it is to run an NFL franchise." Implicit in that statement is the premise that running an NFL franchise is extremely difficult. Yet, by choice, she and her father attack that job with fewer resources than any of the other 31 teams. They are both smart enough to know better.

Having said that, I've had to eat a lot of crow for defending Mike Brown the last two seasons. His refusal to unload Chad for a first and a third was baffling. Drafting two project wideouts when we need linemen on both sides was perplexing. Employing friends and family in critical postitions that require real football knowledge is downright infuriating.

All true -- but IMHO only tangential to why the Bengals are 0-6 today. The team is paying the price for a string of bad decisions and bad luck on the offensive line since 2006.

The bad decisions were extending Anderson, letting Steinback walk, and not getting a better center candidate than Bluto earlier this year. The bad luck includes Levi's two knee injuries, Keift's washout due to an inability to stay healthy and, most critically, the loss of Buckethead at center.

Versus 2005, only Levi and Bobbie remain, and based on his play so far this season, I'd say Levi is done. Williams will turn 33 next September. With Ghiacuic stinking it up and Andrews a UFA next March, I expect that come next fall the only returning starter will be Whit.

All true -- but IMHO only tangential to why the Bengals are 0-6 today. The team is paying the price for a string of bad decisions and bad luck on the offensive line since 2006.

The bad decisions were extending Anderson, letting Steinback walk, and not getting a better center candidate than Bluto earlier this year. The bad luck includes Levi's two knee injuries, Keift's washout due to an inability to stay healthy and, most critically, the loss of Buckethead at center.

Versus 2005, only Levi and Bobbie remain, and based on his play so far this season, I'd say Levi is done. Williams will turn 33 next September. With Ghiacuic stinking it up and Andrews a UFA next March, I expect that come next fall the only returning starter will be Whit.

You've nailed the problem with the Bengals for 2009. That Oline needs replacement LT, RT and center at a minimum for next season. Even one LT or RT is hard to find.

We need a RB like we've not had in years. Big, fast, and a starter. Hard to find.

We need a DE that can cover some ground and put on a rush. Very hard to find.

We need to find out if Pat Sims can be a beast in the middle, otherwise we need another one of them.

LB could use some juice too, especially in the middle.

This is why I think this year could be very similar to next year. Woeful. Perhaps not as bad as this year, but still bad. Unless we pick up some high level picks from a Chad or TJ trade, we're two drafts from solving the immediate problems let alone new problems that will open.

That Oline needs replacement LT, RT and center at a minimum for next season. Even one LT or RT is hard to find.

Well, we already know that Whitworth can play LT, and Collins played both positions in college. I think he'll work out, he just needs a year to refine his game after coming out early. If he'd stayed at Kansas for another year, he might have been a first round pick next April. As it was, he screwed himself by coming out early in a year with a boat load of good offensive linemen. They will definitely have to address center or guard in FA or the draft, tho.

We need a RB like we've not had in years. Big, fast, and a starter. Hard to find.

A good line can do wonders for even an average back. BTW, I'd like to see them promote James Johnson to the active roster...

We need a DE that can cover some ground and put on a rush. Very hard to find.

We need to find out if Pat Sims can be a beast in the middle, otherwise we need another one of them.

I think we're OK at DE. As icehole noted elsewhere, they were a lot more effective this week with a guy in the middle (Sims) making a nuisance of himself.

Yep. Looks like a good way to go in the first next year.

This is why I think this year could be very similar to next year. Woeful. Perhaps not as bad as this year, but still bad. Unless we pick up some high level picks from a Chad or TJ trade, we're two drafts from solving the immediate problems let alone new problems that will open.

I doubt it turns around in a single offseason either. That's totally unlike this team. But I don't think they are as far away as you fear.

.... Oline needs replacement LT, RT and center at a minimum for next season.

We need a DE that can cover some ground and put on a rush. Very hard to find....

Is there anything else you can think of?????

We need a DE that can cover some ground and put on a rush. Very hard to find....

The O-Line is 1 center and 1 coach, with a clue, away from being pretty good. Man, would somebody please explain to me how Paul Alexander keeps his job? If I hear one more person say we need to burn another high pick on the OL, I am going to scream. There is enough talent there, if numb nuts can just figure out what to do with it. The D Line is where they need some talent.

Yep.

But we only have 7 picks in 2009...

But the draft really won't help given the undrafted talent in the FO.

We need a Center and a GOOD offensive tackle. We currently have 3 Mediocre players 1 good player and 1 s**t player on this o-line. Ben Utecht was a waste of money and so was Odom. Without these two i'm sure we could have been able to grab Haynesworth this coming offseason. Since they haven't helped..at all, i say we try trading them both for a 3rd rounder. Send them to the Clowns or Lions, they like to pick apart our leftovers like hungry dogs.