Deltha O'Neal

5/1/2001 Jeremiah Pharms Cleveland LB

The fifth-round draft pick was arrested on a first-degree robbery charge in the pistol-whipping and shooting of an alleged drug dealer in Seattle. 41 months in prison

8/12/2001 Corey Fuller Cleveland CB

Arrested after a preseason game against Green Bay for refusing to move his car from an intersection in Cleveland's Flats entertainment district. Pleaded no contest, $75 fine

11/19/2001 Mike Sellers Cleveland FB

Arrested along with CB Lamar Chapman after traffic stop. He was charged with DUI, felony drug possession Suspended, cut by team, pleaded to DUI, $1,000 fine, driving program

11/19/2001 Lamar Chapman Cleveland CB

Arrested along with Mike Sellers on drug charges after traffic stop Suspended, pleaded to drug misdemeanor, $750 fine

11/20/2001 Gerard Warren Cleveland DT

Arrested in Pittsburgh on a felony charge of carrying an unlicensed firearm. Warren and Santiago had attended a party hosted by Plaxico Burress. Suspended one game, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor, one year probation

12/7/2001 O.J. Santiago Cleveland TE

Summons issued in Pittsburgh for marijuana possession stemming from a Nov. 20 search of Gerard Warren's car. $366 fine for disorderly conduct

10/7/2002 Darren Hambrick Cleveland LB

Arrested in Tampa, Fla. on a felony grand-theft charge that he stole a check for $5,682.51 from the Panthers. Pleaded no contest, one year probation

10/27/2003 William Green Cleveland RB

Arrested on charges of drunken driving and marijuana possession. Convicted of DUI charge, three days in jail, NFL suspension seven games

11/16/2004 Paul Zukauskas Cleveland OL

Arrested in suburban Cleveland and charged with driving under the influence. Acquitted, fined $150 for improper turn

5/20/2005 Kellen Winslow Jr. Cleveland TE

Charged with disregarding safety, a misdemeanor, following his May 1 wreck in a parking lot in Westlake, Ohio, police. Pleaded no contest, missed season with injuries

11/1/2005 Reuben Droughns Cleveland RB

Arrested and charged with drunken driving in Strongsville, Ohio. Acquitted

5/12/2006 Reuben Droughns Cleveland RB

Arrested in a domestic violence case in Centennial, Colorado. Dropped

6/16/2007 Mike Mason Cleveland WR

Charged with misdemeanor aggravated disorderly conduct, resisting arrest at nightclub. Released by team in August.

9/5/2007 Leigh Bodden Cleveland CB

Arrested, charged with misdemeanor aggavated disorderly conduct, resisting arrest after driving backward and wrong way outside Cleveland airport. Acquitted

3/1/2008 Kenny Wright Cleveland DB

Charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession after a traffic stop in Texas. June 27 court date

4/3/2008 Kenny Wright Cleveland DB

Arrested, charged with misdemeanor unlawful restraint, evading arrest and marijuana possession in Texas. Team terminated his contract the next month.

The truth is no NFL team has a lot of room to talk.

Great post.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're both right. Deltha will certainly be able to start for the Browns. This shows how weak they are in the secondary.

He's still a serviceable CB... but his poor attitude and work ethic make his salary unjustifiable. That said... he's getting old, and is flaky. So even though he's better than what the Browns currently have, he's still pretty beatable by the Bengals WR's.

Cutting Deltha was one of the dumbest moves that the Bengals have ever made.

First of all, you might as well have given him to the Browns, because you can bet they will sign him.

Then there is the fact that he was as good as Johnathan Joseph and better than "turn and burn toast " Leon Hall and the ever sucky David Jones.

Deltha was a multiple Pro Bowl CB that has led the league in interceptions more than once.

You can bet that the Bengals will miss all of those interceptions--it will be evern worse if those interceptions go to the Browns and come at the expense of the Benglas.

He is being replaced with an undrafted free agent Simeon Castille, a guy that runs the 40 in an f'ing 4.74.

Thats right folks a 4.74, a 4.74, my grandmother can run a 4.72 but, she has arthritis pretty bad.

The bad thing about # 3 and #4 CB's is that they play alot, and you can bet that every time that this guy is in, there will be an audiable to a post pattern for who ever this guy is covering.

David Jones is almost as bad as Castille,but at least he is not timed with a sundial.

They could have up picked some like Micheal Grant ,who,is pretty good and was in the list of cuts.

This is what happens when you have a cafertia worker as your director of scouting and a greedy owner that doesnt care about winning.

I am guessing that Mike Brown sees that he is getting up there in years, maybe feeling poorly and is trying to take it all with him because, this is insane, at least they could have traded him out of the divison.

When I saw all of the a-holes saying that Marvin's job maybe on the line I thought that it sucked but, they may have knew something that we didnt that ,Brown was gong to run the team into the ground the way he did before.

It sure looks like Marvin is phoning it in or maybe he is trying to get away from Brown.

Deltha has always been inconsistent and lazy, and that won't change on any other team.

I agree that Deltha has been inconsistent and lazy at times but, he is stil better than Hall and the rest of our CB's

He has still put up alot of interceptions and can cover any WR.

The team played much bettre with him than they did last year with 'toast' Hall starting.

He has not taken it well, being replaced by Hall ,I dont blame him,he's better than Hall.

I am sure after seeing what Chad has done thought ,thought,I think I'll make myself some money and get out of here by not showing up to voluntaries.

While I think we should have kept O'Neal, he wasn't trying, and it was obvious. However, O'Neal (at this point in his career) is not better than JJ OR Hall. He was where he should have been on the depth chart. And aside from '05, when has he gotten us all these interceptions you're talking about? He hasn't done squat since. He's been pouting ever since then cause he didn't get a new contract.

Deltha has always been inconsistent and lazy, and that won't change on any other team.

I agree that Deltha has been inconsistent and lazy at times but, he is stil better than Hall and the rest of our CB's

The team played much bettre with him than they did last year with 'toast' Hall starting.

He has not taken it well, being replaced by Hall ,I dont blame him,he's better than Hall.

I am sure after seeing what Chad has done thought ,thought,I think I'll make myself some money and get out of here by not showing up to voluntaries.

I'm sorry I don't know what games you've been watching. Deltha from a few years ago was better thatn Leon Hall. Today's Deltha O'Neal is not better than Leon Hall. Cutting him was a great move. The way I look at it is that if we were signing this guy right now everyone would be pissed. So why so much complaining over cutting an aging CB with declining skills?

I'm sorry I don't know what games you've been watching. Deltha from a few years ago was better thatn Leon Hall. Today's Deltha O'Neal is not better than Leon Hall. Cutting him was a great move. The way I look at it is that if we were signing this guy right now everyone would be pissed. So why so much complaining over cutting an aging CB with declining skills?

Because the alternative is a noticeably worse, and much less experienced, option than he is. I fail to see the genius of this cut.

But "WhO DeYz!! ChAd RoCkZ!!! let's tailgate with Guitar Hero doods!!!" and whatever.

This was an "addition by subtraction" move. His inconsistent effort and lackadaisical attitude have probably worn thin. Why have him pollute the young guys?

Dick Vermiel said the secret to success in the NFL was to eliminate the bitchers and complainers. I have no problem with this move. Waiting for Deltha to apply himself at his leisure is not worth whatever positives or needs-filling he does for this team.

What limited time I saw of Deltha O'Neal in preseason did not give me much hope that he would play much of a role in any success that the defense may enjoy this year. Simply put, he didn't play well. It's totally fair game to say nobody else impressed much either, but I can't blame the coaching staff if they thought he was not going to improve as much as somebody younger. Did I miss anything (I didn't see all the games) that somebody else saw? Deltha looked pretty bad last year as well. As between a younger project and a demotivational ex-probowler, I don't see too much to get upset about.

I don't see too much to get upset about.

Nor do I. I flinched pretty good when I heard Rudi got cut. I almost fell of my chair when I heard the same about Willie. Deltha? Nothing.

Deltha's cutting should cause no more altitude gain than what a bean burrito larded with serrano peppers would do. Rudi even less. Willie was a surprise though. But that is the difference between us and them. We don't have to pay backups, they do.

What I want to see is who gets cut when Henry returns. Do they keep Dexter Jackson after Ndukwe is ready to play?

Nor do I. I flinched pretty good when I heard Rudi got cut. I almost fell of my chair when I heard the same about Willie. Deltha? Nothing.

Deltha's cutting should cause no more altitude gain than what a bean burrito larded with serrano peppers would do. Rudi even less. Willie was a surprise though. But that is the difference between us and them. We don't have to pay backups, they do.

What I want to see is who gets cut when Henry returns. Do they keep Dexter Jackson after Ndukwe is ready to play?

Have they filled up the practice squad yet? Is there anyone that can go from the 53 man roster to the practice squad?

I don't see much to get that upset about with any of the three. I already felt like this was a rebuilding year. All three of those guys are only going to get a year older, and at least two of the three if not all of them were going to me gone next year anyway. Now, young players will get a chance to prove something, get some experience, and hopefully be a year better next year.

I understand being upset that fan favorites are leaving. But it happens to every team almost every year. This was just a year that a bunch of them left the Bengals. Hopefully Brown will turn around and use that cap space to better this team for next year. I'm going to watch this season and still hope for the best... but I had already thought that 8-8 was going to be a best case scenario for this team. Now I'm hoping that next year they can get some good players in FA next year and be ready for a run.

This year is a stepping stone. There are some casualties to rebuilding, and it's never something fans are really able to embrace - but I can at least accept it.

What you have to remember is, we have lost one of the better cover corners in the league, even if he was unhappy about being #3 CB, and we now have in his place Simeon Castille in his place.

Castille runs a 4.74 40 , thats not fast enough to play CB in the NFL -period

A guy like that can look much better than he is ,when he is playing against undrafted free agents in pre-season games, when guys he is covering are not as fast as the starters and the speed of the game is slower.

By the time a guy like Castille gets in, guys are just trying not to get hurt and most of the plays at the end of a preseason game are runs.

If the Bengals had picked up someone like Michael Grant or one of the other guys in the final cuts it wouldnt have been so bad.

Teams will smoke this guy every time he is in there .

When you have WR's and RB's running in the 4.2 range --4.74 is not going to cut it for a CB.

He is just not fast enough to play CB in NFL-- Period

If a CB runs 4.50 he better be very good in the rest of his game to make up for the lack of speed.

Castille is too slow to play S let alone CB in the NFL.