Deltha O'Neal

So I saw an article about how this guy wasn't attending workouts, and has been pretty pissed since losing his job. Is this correct? Do you think Cincy will part with him? Is there any other info about him out there? What do you think of him, ect.

I only ask this because we're going to be needing more CB's when some are cut in training camp.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not likely O'Neal is going anywhere this year. He's been "disgruntled" since 2005, when he had a bunch of picks and didn't get a new deal out of them. He skipped the voluntaries last year, same old same old this year. Mandatories? He's there. This is his last year anyhow, he's a UFA in 2009. You're welcome to him.

BTW thanks for getting rid of Leigh Bodden. Guy was an absolute Chad-killer.

So I saw an article about how this guy wasn't attending workouts, and has been pretty pissed since losing his job. Is this correct? Do you think Cincy will part with him? Is there any other info about him out there? What do you think of him, ect.

I only ask this because we're going to be needing more CB's when some are cut in training camp.

A CB would have to be pretty bad to get cut from the Browns this season.

A CB would have to be pretty bad to get cut from the Browns this season.

I think he's saying that the Browns are thin at CB and will need to sign one once teams start cutting players during training camp.

Deltha, he's not bad. I think he still has was it takes to start somewhere but the guy is a head case. Just one of those players who thinks he's better than he really is. He could be a REALY REALY good nickel on this team.

^Yes, thats what Im saying. Hes currently on your roster, and I want him on our roster, lol.

@ Hoosier, everyone is a Chad killer, its not that hard. But if you think that move hurt our D you seriously need to get your head checked. Do you honestly think our D could have got any worse from last year? You can only go up from the bottom.

@ Hoosier, everyone is a Chad killer, its not that hard.

When Chad starts clowning and talking, start clowning and talking back. And keep up a silly, friendly, chatter with him the whole game. He'll destroy you. On the other hand, when Chad tries to engage you in friendly banter, glare at him, spit at him. And knock the crap out of him every chance you get. Chad will disappear. I've watched Pittsburgh do it to him for years.

The wife part was a joke. I know it was cheap, if funny. She is not an example of how things can get worse. THough I will admit if she were to find out about my joke things would be bad, very bad.

Thankfully my wife doesn't know about it and she never will, right bwillycuse? :cheers:

Billy's on the phone right now.....he'll get back to you.

@ Hoosier, everyone is a Chad killer, its not that hard.

Really now ?

On the other hand ...

I guess your boy "pro bowl" Braylon Edwards is flat out unstoppable ?

If it is "not that hard" to stop Chad how does he Keep Racking it Up Year after Year ?

Including an Unprecedented Four Straight AFC Yards Titles.

The only other player to have won even three straight AFC titles was Jerry Rice.

Chad has been to five straight pro bowls ...

Think before you post brownie.

But if you think that move hurt our D you seriously need to get your head checked.

If you think that it didn't hurt your team at corner back you seriously need to get your head checked.

You can try to deny it all you want now that he is no longer with the team.

But the truth is ...

Bodden was the best corner back that the Browns have had in quite some time.

He was a big reason that they were able to upset the Bengals in their game at Cleveland last year and that win set the tone for the Browns entire season.

Well not for the entire season ...

It really only lasted up until they came to Cincinnati for their second meeting and the Bengals slapped them back to reality.

But you get my drift ...

With Bodden gone now even you would have to admit that the Browns Corner-Backs have got to be rated as Dead Last in the Division.

Yea ...

Losing Bodden is most certainly going to hurt.

^Yes, thats what Im saying. Hes currently on your roster, and I want him on our roster

You know what ....

I have been thinking of that very thing myself, O'Neal would be a good pick up for you and would probably be the Browns number one corner.

Now let's see ...

The Browns do still have their 2009 First Round Draft Pick right ? B)

The Browns are hurting in a bad way at corner by their own doing and I agree Deltha would be their No. 1 DB if they were to get him but we all know that isn't going to happen.

He is fighting for the No. 3 spot on the Bengals and in a contract year he knows he can get a good payday if he can get a few INTs in nickle packages. Not a lot of stress on his body so teams will be willing to pony up if he shows he is capable. Right now teams probably aren't going to give up what the Bengals would demand in a trade. And never would they trade with the Browns.

Browns fans better hope their team stays ultra healthy because if injuries happen to any of their starters, it is goodnight. Even if they do, their offense is going need to score more than last year to succeed, unlikely agaist the AFC North schedule. I personally think they were a flash in the pan last year and fall to the 5-11 range this year.

Deltha isn't going to get the big coin contract next year regardless. Teams don't give up the big coin for older DB's on their downside, who think they are better than they are. Can he still play ?? Yes... Is he a solid 3rd DB ?? Yes... Will he get the big dollar contract he wants next season from ANY team ?? NO...

WHODEY !!!

Deltha isn't going to get the big coin contract next year regardless. Teams don't give up the big coin for older DB's on their downside, who think they are better than they are. Can he still play ?? Yes... Is he a solid 3rd DB ?? Yes... Will he get the big dollar contract he wants next season from ANY team ?? NO...

WHODEY !!!

All in all, you are right. I was commenting more on O'Neal's perception of his worth and circumstances than on any real world outcome.

In the end, he plays well for the Bengals this year. Then he is likely outta here.

WHODEY !!!

All in all, you are right. I was commenting more on O'Neal's perception of his worth and circumstances than on any real world outcome.

In the end, he plays well for the Bengals this year. Then he is likely outta here.

Gotcha and I agree with you on him being done after this year unless he realizes he's not going to get paid the big dollar contract and wants to stay. That being said, we need to get younger there and should address this in the draft next year as well.

WHODEY !!!

I still thinks that O'Neal is a starting-caliber CB, if he is focused. He will most suredly be focused this year, as a player looking at the prospects of this upcoming season being his last at a big pay-day. I thought he played well last year, in his demotion. Depending on how David Jones and/or Kilmer develop, he could still be here after this year as teams are keeping 3 high paid CB's (I think the Cowboys have 5) these days.

Maybe the Bengals can trade O'Neal straight up for Adam "Don't call me Pacman, no mo" Jones.

They do have Eric (Date-Rape) Wright who has potential but that is about it.

Lol, you realize half of your starting roster is currently in a county prison right now, don't you?

That may have been true last season, but I dont think you can name a starter that even has legal problems on the Bengals this season.

Lol, you realize half of your starting roster is currently in a county prison right now, don't you?

I hope that is just a poor attempt at humor. It's either that or you are clueless.

WHODEY !!!

You're team signed one of our arrested rejects, you have no room to talk.

I wont even dignify that with a response lol

5/1/2001 Jeremiah Pharms Cleveland LB

The fifth-round draft pick was arrested on a first-degree robbery charge in the pistol-whipping and shooting of an alleged drug dealer in Seattle. 41 months in prison

8/12/2001 Corey Fuller Cleveland CB

Arrested after a preseason game against Green Bay for refusing to move his car from an intersection in Cleveland's Flats entertainment district. Pleaded no contest, $75 fine

11/19/2001 Mike Sellers Cleveland FB

Arrested along with CB Lamar Chapman after traffic stop. He was charged with DUI, felony drug possession Suspended, cut by team, pleaded to DUI, $1,000 fine, driving program

11/19/2001 Lamar Chapman Cleveland CB

Arrested along with Mike Sellers on drug charges after traffic stop Suspended, pleaded to drug misdemeanor, $750 fine

11/20/2001 Gerard Warren Cleveland DT

Arrested in Pittsburgh on a felony charge of carrying an unlicensed firearm. Warren and Santiago had attended a party hosted by Plaxico Burress. Suspended one game, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor, one year probation

12/7/2001 O.J. Santiago Cleveland TE

Summons issued in Pittsburgh for marijuana possession stemming from a Nov. 20 search of Gerard Warren's car. $366 fine for disorderly conduct

10/7/2002 Darren Hambrick Cleveland LB

Arrested in Tampa, Fla. on a felony grand-theft charge that he stole a check for $5,682.51 from the Panthers. Pleaded no contest, one year probation

10/27/2003 William Green Cleveland RB

Arrested on charges of drunken driving and marijuana possession. Convicted of DUI charge, three days in jail, NFL suspension seven games

11/16/2004 Paul Zukauskas Cleveland OL

Arrested in suburban Cleveland and charged with driving under the influence. Acquitted, fined $150 for improper turn

5/20/2005 Kellen Winslow Jr. Cleveland TE

Charged with disregarding safety, a misdemeanor, following his May 1 wreck in a parking lot in Westlake, Ohio, police. Pleaded no contest, missed season with injuries

11/1/2005 Reuben Droughns Cleveland RB

Arrested and charged with drunken driving in Strongsville, Ohio. Acquitted

5/12/2006 Reuben Droughns Cleveland RB

Arrested in a domestic violence case in Centennial, Colorado. Dropped

6/16/2007 Mike Mason Cleveland WR

Charged with misdemeanor aggravated disorderly conduct, resisting arrest at nightclub. Released by team in August.

9/5/2007 Leigh Bodden Cleveland CB

Arrested, charged with misdemeanor aggavated disorderly conduct, resisting arrest after driving backward and wrong way outside Cleveland airport. Acquitted

3/1/2008 Kenny Wright Cleveland DB

Charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession after a traffic stop in Texas. June 27 court date

4/3/2008 Kenny Wright Cleveland DB

Arrested, charged with misdemeanor unlawful restraint, evading arrest and marijuana possession in Texas. Team terminated his contract the next month.

The truth is no NFL team has a lot of room to talk.