Jonathan Joseph arrested

Kirkendall

Unlucky! Period. Until you can prove to me that the Bengals are the only players in the NFL smoking weed, it's unlucky... Also, the cops and sheriffs in the Nati are all a-holes!!! Like I said before, this city is way too conservative...

Unlucky? Perhaps. I do think the overall responsibility is on each player, especially knowing the history of the last 12 months. Next in line are the coaches, including Marvin. That said, I don't doubt for a moment that some of this is situational, meaning the Cincinnati area. I have zero doubt that towns where professional football IS LIFE hide more than those where this isn't true. That's not to make excuses ... it's just a fact. Seriously ... how many of the law enforcement officials in Pissburgh do you think ARE NOT diehard fans? Now how many would you say ARE NOT diehard fans in Cincy? Am I questioning the integrity of these guys as professionals? Well, not so much ... but I just think (uh bet) there is a "looking the other way" that occurs in some cities as opposed to others. I do know firsthand that that has occured in Pissburgh on several occasions. They are 'squeaky clean' ... they just happen to be collectively higher on the importance pole and therfor catch the much needed breaks. That said ... our players deserve what they get and I would have it no other way.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, almost forgot, JJ, did he have any hint of trouble at South Carolina?

Not that I know of... He was supposed to be a damned angel.

I guess playing a year with the Bengals can make anyone a bad boy. :rolleyes:

Bad company, I believe. Do you remember hearing the reports about him, James and O'Neal going out for lunch, when the rest of the team stayed at the stadium and ate? I'm sure those two are great role models for him. Marvin has got to be getting to the point where he must take a harder stance against these miscreants.

I just don't understand, why do these players feel that they need to be riding around doing these type of things...If you need to smoke do it at your house where you don't have to worry about getting pulled over in your living room on your favorite chair...If you smoke and drive you are asking for trouble...

m sure those two are great role models for him. Marvin has got to be getting to the point where he must take a harder stance against these miscreants.

Mybe tory and Oneal planted it on Jjoe ? : P but really I don't think you can blaime this on them neither have been busted on pot and Oneals only legal problem was a DUI when he was barley over the limit.

My concern of Jjoe hanging out with them is he'll start sucking and becoming a underacheiver :P

To me it seems that these players just dont seem to care what happens anymore they always think there going to get away with all of this and they never do. I wish they would start to think about the team there future instead of where the next drug deal is going to happen or where the next party is. I dont expect them to just sit around and do nothing or just think about the team 24/7, but i think they can find something else to do besides getting high, getting wasted and driving or whatever else they do. Im actully pissed for so long i was just like whatever but now im really pissed and embarrsed so say that im a fan of players who care more about parting and getting introuble, than whats best for the team. I guess we know where alot of there money goes to. I really hope somebody does something cause if this keeps happening its going to ruin a good thing from ever happening to this team.

Now now, let's be fair. This by no means has been resolved. He could have just been holding onto it for James-Earl-Jones-looking lady friend. Circumstances happen. I'll give JJ the benefit.

You mean to tell us you know what she looks like?

Now now, let's be fair. This by no means has been resolved. He could have just been holding onto it for James-Earl-Jones-looking lady friend. Circumstances happen. I'll give JJ the benefit.

Someone posted a picture of her on another board... I'll see if I can find it. Joseph's biggest mistake here wasn't toting the pot, you can be certain. :unsure:

Got it:

bengals2a.jpg

Look at the comparison..

CHICK.jpg616-20283.jpg

Now, just forget Spinal Tap in the background. Father/Daughter?

(I know, that's mean. Going to hell, yada, yada)

Marvin has said in the past that you can't win with church mice. However, you can't win with suspended, benched or incarcerated players either. This year is a good example of that.

And people shouldn't make excuses about upbringing or whether it should be legalized or not. They know the rules and they know the consequences. You would think that we have enough examples on this team for these guys to see.

This is complete BS.

:drunk::grass::smoke::police:

JJ=Stupid f**ker

:swear::rant::finger::cursing:

The Bengals' simply need to quit friggin' smokin and drinkin in their damn cars, or anyone else's.

If you want to toke - and a LOT of NFL players do (don't blame them) then do it at home and quit driving around with it, or drinking and driving.

Just keep it out of cars or hire a driver for the night.

PS - real classy guys, rippin someone's looks/photo like that - grow up fellas!

this thread definately just turned racist. i know alot of white people that smoke, filipinos, mexicans, blacks. i know a bunch of white families, parents, kids, that all smoke. i know white doctors that smoke, i know mexican gardners that smoke.

and to say that whites are known for pain pills and drinking is laughable. isnt michael jordan an alcoholic? doesnt oj simpson take pain medication?

It's only racist if you look at it that way. Try to find out haw many white players have been suspended by the league for smoking pot, then compare that to the number of African American players suspended for the same.

I'll bet you more white people smoke weed than black people.

But honestly, this arrest doesn't really bother me that much. According to NORML.org, possession of less than 100g of marijuana classifies as a minor misdemeanor in Ohio. This carries a $100 fine and does not create a criminal record. 100g is a lot of weed. Unless JJ was rolling with enough to start dealing, he should get off with little more than a slap on the wrist.

So I don't think that'll create any problems with the NFL and a possible suspension.

All I can say is that Joseph showed some flashes of brilliance this year and seems to be developing into a shutdown corner (if he can improve his hands). Smoking a little weed every once in a while isn't really a bad thing, IMO. No one has ever died from a marijuana overdose, makes you more docile than alcohol etc. I do it occassionally and still make the Dean's List at college, participate in community service and lead an active life.

Hopefully Joseph can stay out of trouble and Marvin won't make an example out of him.

The Bengals' simply need to quit friggin' smokin and drinkin in their damn cars, or anyone else's.

If you want to toke - and a LOT of NFL players do (don't blame them) then do it at home and quit driving around with it, or drinking and driving.

Just keep it out of cars or hire a driver for the night.

PS - real classy guys, rippin someone's looks/photo like that - grow up fellas!

Bro, its not like its a Pizza or something that you usually get delivered. JJ obviously had his Bodyguard drive him to go get it.